Would you think this is to young for a seven year old??? The Barbie house got bad reviews and was considering this one?
Thank you all for the responses!!!!! You all made me feel so much better and I just bought it!!!!
[UPDATED] asked by Stacey Frost on November 27, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
My 10 year old got it last year for Christmas and loves it!!! She is still playing with it. It is very large and nothing has broken in the past year. It is definitely worth the $$$.
thomas c foster answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My daughter is now 6 and plays with this house more than when we first got it. All of her friends love to play with it too. I think since its sized for Barbie it is appropriate as they get older. Also Barbie can park her car in the garage and then drive to the pool etc the girls love that :) hope this helps
Kathy L Paige answered on November 27, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No. I think it would be amazing for a 7 year old. My 3 year old loves it, her 6 year old cousin loves it and my friends 12 year old daughter loves it. It is well made, pretty and very easy to put together so I love it too.
amycruder answered on November 27, 2012

A
My little girl's big brother is 6 and he plays with it. He is the only one that can reach up to the attic :). It took FOREVER to put together though, so make sure to assemble it ahead of time.
D. Christensen answered on November 27, 2012

A
This one is made really really well! It is made if all wood, that is why I got it instead of the Barbie house because it is durable and will hold up for years of abuse. My girls are 2&4 and are probably too young for it :). I think if your little girl loves barbies then this is not too young for her. It comes with a bunch of really cute furniture too.
I hope this helps!
Michelle Layer answered on November 27, 2012

A
Hi Stacey! Looks like you have your answer from these responses!! I too, agree that it isn't too young. I went with this house for (our then 3 year old) XMas last year based on poor reviews of the Barbie house and I am SOOOOO happy! The quality is amazing, the Barbies LOVE to hang out :0) and all her older cousins run to her playroom as soon as they arrive. Since Dec 2011, I've purchased a KidKraft vanity and swivel vanity due to my being soo pleased with their durability!
Oh, yes, and the furniture is amazing :0) The colors and size ration is perfect! A solid 10 from me!!
smitty answered on November 27, 2012

A
My daughter was 7 and a half when she received this dollhouse. It's a year later and this is the one toy item that she actually plays with regularly. She still loves it and it looks so much nicer than other brands' plastic dollhouses. Just be aware that it is a major project to put together. My husband and his brother were ready to disown me Christmas morning, but it was absolutely worth it.
Emmasmom answered on November 27, 2012

A
Oh my No! My daughter is 8 and LOVES this house. Its very big, actually bigger then i thought it would be. Very sturdy. Actually you are getting twice the house compared to the Barbie Dream house for about the same price.
qtwells82 answered on November 27, 2012

A
No I think it would be just fine its really tall and my daughter uses barbies in the house. We bought nothing but barbies for her to use in there so they would work just fine and small toys and dolls work just fine as well... I also have a bestfriend that has a six year old and she loves it and plays with it everytime she's at my house .. I will tell you that it takes about three/four house to put together so make sure if you get it you have time to put it together :)
Jnp answered on November 27, 2012

A
no this is perfect for a 7 year old its huge stands as tall as my shoulders and i am 5 foot 8 it is specifically for barbies and it is very sturdy and well made i bought it for my 3 yr old and she is too young really because she cannot even reach all of the shelves hope this helped oh and also i put it together myself and it took me two hours but the directions are awesome really easy to read
ashleyw answered on December 7, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›