5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona Violin Kit
Published on January 11, 2012 by Angie

3.0 out of 5 stars I was not aware..
I did not know that I'd have to "put in a little effort" when I recieved my violin. Although, it didn't come with the strings installed, I thought it was a good experience installing the strings myself.
Published on December 19, 2011 by Kyla

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona Violin Kit, January 11, 2012
That's right people, another five star review! This is a good beginners violin if you are just starting out! I've played the violin for over seven years, so I have some experience in dealing with this instrument! Case, Violin, Bow, (and the extra bow-yeah) were all in great shape! However, the rosin was shattered upon opening it, but I quickly contacted Amazon Customer Service, and they resolved the matter in a timely fashion, with partial refund! But overall, you will not be disappointed with this purchase! Remember: for those reviews out there...you know the ones-negative...not of this product, but other "beginner/student" violin sets, remember...if it bothers you that much, you can always spend more to "doctor-up" your violin, or if you've got it like that, just buy the crazy expensive one! But for those of us who are on a budget...and a tight budget at that...buy this violin set!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginners buy!, December 1, 2011
I recieved the violin within 2 days of order. It arrived in its case with the bridge already on the violin. The violin was in perfect conditions and its brought two bows as indicated. The resin was small but good.I really liked it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, November 25, 2011
Ive purchased 7 of these already and find the quality pricing and delivery the best ever. I will continue to purchase these items

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful color!, March 18, 2012
My daughter is in orchestra at school and was using a loaner violin from there. She ended up dropping it and the school did not have extras or the funds to have it fixed. So I wanted a cheap violin for her in case she broke another one. It arrived on the exact estimated arrival date. The first thing I noticed was that it was packaged very well. The case is great because it is very light yet sturdy enough to protect it. I ordered the blue one and the color is gorgeous!! The bridge came with but not on the violin, with strings already attached. My daughter had a hard time getting it into tune, she said the notes were higher than they should be. Once she got it as close to tune as possible, one of the strings snapped when she began to play.. so I bought her all new strings for it. She took the violin into her orchestra teacher to look at it, apparently, the teacher claims that the top nut sticks out too far and needs to be sanded down(which is why it isn't in proper tune), also claims that the bridge needs to have slits in it where the strings lay. Now, knowing absolutely nothing about violins, I did some research online and found that the bridge is fine, I actually only saw a couple that had slits in the bridge. I am not sure what the deal is with the top nut being too long, but I am having her take it in to someone to get a second opinion about it. Overall, it sounded very good before the string snapped, no problems with the pegs slipping, and looks beautiful. Great violin for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars I was not aware.., December 19, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful color! Great for beginner, October 7, 2012
We received this violin about 4 days after ordering. It is the most beautiful metallic blue, my daughter loves it! There was a small bit of damage on the case that didn't affect it's performance, but that was promptly fixed by a partial refund. The company was great to work with for that. We did have to string the violin and put the bridge in, but those are things my daughter needs to know how to do anyway, and she had fun learning! We put new strings on the violin since her orchestra teacher said the ones that came with the violin sounded "tinny". I honestly expected that because of the price I paid for the instrument. We've had this violin for about a month now and it has worked wonderfully. It had a hard time staying tuned the first little bit, but her teacher said that was probably due to the fact that it was a brand new instrument. She was right, it stays in tune perfectly now! All in all, it is a great product for my elementary aged beginning orchestra student!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for 50 bucks, November 11, 2012
I play guitar, but i got this violin for my little brother who is currently renting a violin from a music store. I wanted him to have a cool looking one for when his lease ends in a few months. I recieved it in about 5 buisiness days. when I opened the box I noticed that the case was very good for so cheap and the paint job made it look very cool. It doesn't come with the bridge inserted because that could cause the violin to break during shipping, but i tightened the strings and just slipped in in there myself and adjusted it as i tuned it to his rental violin. It's tone was amazing for buying it off of the internet, and it was louder that i had anticipated which is always good, especially if you are playing in an orchestra. the tuners did not slip as long as i made sure i really tightened them, as it should be. and the fine tuners work very well.

The only minor problems i have:

1. It looked like it was painted in a bit of a rush because there was black paint where the wood color was supposed to show
2.at the end of the bow there was a crack, but it still works fine for now. bows aren't too expensive for beginners
3. the rosin is pointless. go to a music store and ask what type of rosin they recommend.

If you are more concerned with how it sounds than looks, and are willing to spend an extra 5$ for rosin, and eventually 20$ for a bow then this is a good starting violin.

Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars purple pleasure from Amazon, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Barcelona Entry Series Full-Size Violin with Case, Rosin, Bow, and Strings - Purple
This is a lovely piece for a little girl to learn on. the color is vivid and my Granddaughter was thrilled. The case was very sturdy and well packed. and the shipping was super fast! definitly recommend it. the Teacher approved as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tuning, January 7, 2012
I bought the vintage look for this violin and it sounds great. i would definitely give it 5 stars; however, it does include all 4 tuning pegs but only one fine tuning peg on the E string. But that is actually very common, the real problem is that it comes out of tune rather quickly and it's a hassle to get it back in tune. So if you have the patience to tune it often then it's great.
I personally love it and it has GREAT tone, it's not a major problem though, it's only minor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review, April 26, 2012
this violin comes as described so please make sure to read very carefully, that being said this is a base model with no bells or whistles but for the price that is expected.
out of box this violin needs to be set up, the bridge needs to be installed, the strings need to be tightened and tuned,the bow is average and the case is good, i noticed no bridge.
now if your looking to customize this violin, it is easy to do to make it into a well playing semi pro just replace fingerboard, chinrest,tailpiece. add a saddle and get new pegs and your ready to go.
it's easy to upgrade violin parts so that should not be a big concern

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›