4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case to
Published on September 26, 2011 by Ella Kwint

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not receive what is pictured.
Published 22 months ago by Caelis

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case to, September 26, 2011
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
...carry in your purse for those quick touch-ups. I like that it takes up little space in my bag and that it holds enough product to be practical. However, this is NOT the case for you if you're looking for genuine storage, on a long trip, or want to carry every full size brush you own. Check the dimensions, then double-check 'em! It's small and the photo is deceiving.

PROS:
Lightweight, soft nylon is sturdy but not stiff
Zippered netted pocket easily holds 2 full sz jars plus 2-3 eyeshadows/smaller jars plus a few extra slim brushes
Brown color makes it look less like a cheap camera bag
Expandable/collapsable zip works for light or, em, even lighter days
Relatively inexpensive for a Bare Minerals branded product
5 brush pockets....see below

CONS:
Out of 5 brush pockets, warning- only 2 hold the standard handle brushes!! TWO. The rest are clearly meant for eyeshadow brushes
Dark color means the typical Bare Minerals 'dust' will show all over it, requires constant wiping
Too small for a trip, not enough space for full size jars and standard, not slim brushes

UPDATE 1/19/2012

Well has only been a few months since my review and sadly, even with gentle care the inside zipper has broken. It did that weird thing where it looks securely zipped but you can pull it apart at the zip 'seam' with your fingers. My hubby tried to fix it but it promptly broke again. It still runs bath and forth like a zipper, it just won't actually zip. I didn't pay much for this so no big loss..but I see they've hiked the price. So beware. Just trusting the main outside zipper is not enough. The inside zipper is a netted pocket, keeping those messy, pesky jars secure. Which, no pun intended, is an ESSENTIAL part of a good cosmetic bag. :-(

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed!, January 30, 2012
Amazon Customer (Orange County,CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
I am very satisfied with my this Bare Escentuals expandable makeup bag. I can fit all of my cosmetics and brushes I need for my basic face. I keep this under the bathroom sink on top of my larger makeup case. I work out of this small bag on a daily basis. When I am running late, I toss it in my tote for on the go makeup appllication. The bag is well designed, zippers are good quality, and I personally like the brown color. I looked awhile before finding this bag. The price was great, and mine even came with a small green mineral powder brush. I viewed a video before deciding on this bag. It really does expand to fit quite a bit of make-up. In my bag today: powder foundation compact,eye brow powder compact, two eyeshadow compacts, eyeliner pencil, eyelash curler, full size mascara, blush compact, bronzer compact, tube of eyeshadow base. Foundation brush, brow brush, eyeshadow brush, eyeliner brush, sponge tip blender tool, blush brush, In a small snack size zip-lock bag, eye pencil sharpener, a few sponge tip applicators, old clean mascara wand for unclumping wet mascara. And, I still have room! Easy to wipe clean. Definitely would purchase again, or give as a gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars organized makeup bag!!, January 17, 2012
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
This bag is exactly what I was looking for! Now i don't need a separate bag for my brushes or have to worry about putting them with the rest of my makeup!
I think the version of this bag that I received may have been an update to the one the previous reviewer was sent. Instead of pockets for brushes there are 6 elastics of varying widths attached to it. & an additional larger elastic on the flap that covers the brushes that is perfect for a mini kabuki brushes. Also you can double up brushes in the elastics to make them fit more snug and to put more in it. You can also stick mascara or eyeliner tubes in them :) very handy!
The compartment where I stick my makeup in is also different...I saw on another website of pictures of the interior of this bag, and I know there are two or three different versions. The place where I keep makeup has a clear plastic material with a zipper. The alternative would be mesh, but I think the version I received is much easier to clean! :)
The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I know that a lot of people prefer more decorated or colorful makeup bags. HOWEVER, I check on a couple other websites and they have different special editions of this bag for a little bit more $$$. However, I think that the brown is less juvenile than the colorful versions.
When it says Expandable on the name of the product. It means it! I can fit a pretty decent of amount of makeup in here!
The one thing that made me nervous about purchasing this bag though it that my brushes would be too tall to fit! I have the MAC 239 AND 224 brushes and they fit perfectly! :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointed, January 14, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
The bag is flimsy. The part where you store the makeup is not easy to get into. Needs to be redesigned. Just don't like it at all. :( I'm dissappionted because I am a huge Bare Escentuals fan and this bag really let me down.

2.0 out of 5 stars I did not receive what is pictured., January 4, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
The bag I received is the same size, color and outside appearance- However, on the inside, the zippered compartment is Netted- not clear plastic like in the photo. As well, the other side has Pockets- not stretchy holder rings. There isn't a large ring on the protective flap either. I had to cut open two of the smaller pockets to make one big one, which tore the material. Speaking of material- the polyester is flimsy and has already torn in a couple of places.

Overall the bag is too small to fit my daily carry-along items, and I could have paid less for something better. Don't waste your time or your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great., December 14, 2012
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
At first I was disappointed because it appeared to be so small, but once I started putting my make-up in it, I was very pleased with the bag. It organizes my make-up for me and while not the most stylish thing on the planet the price was amazing. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars use for every trip!, December 22, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
This expands enough to hold the larger jars of Bare Minerals, as well as all the smaller jars and even your brushes. Very handy when traveling. Or could even be an every day use makeup bag if you wish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great size for a makeup bag, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
Love that it has a space for my brushes and the zipper compartment is clear so you can see everything you have

3.0 out of 5 stars Looked larger than it is, October 13, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
I thought this was a different makeup bag from Bare Escentuals. It was smaller than what
I needed. When it arrived, I realized my mistake.
the seller accepted the return and refunded my money.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZED!, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag (Misc.)
I have to totally disagree with the person who said the picture is deceiving and the bag is too small. I was so surprised when it was delivered. It is big enough to hold ALL of my makeup and ALL of my brushes and that's not an easy thing to do. I have 5 of the big brushes, you know like the ones you apply foundation, mineral veil, blush, Luminizer, etc. It has slots big enough for all of them. And I am a Bareminerals collector. I have it all and it all fits in this bag. I am so glad I did not read that review until after I had ordered the bag. Get it, you won't regret it.

Bare Escentuals Brown Expandable Makeup Bag