Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL

on September 26, 2011
...carry in your purse for those quick touch-ups. I like that it takes up little space in my bag and that it holds enough product to be practical. However, this is NOT the case for you if you're looking for genuine storage, on a long trip, or want to carry every full size brush you own. Check the dimensions, then double-check 'em! It's small and the photo is deceiving.

Lightweight, soft nylon is sturdy but not stiff
Zippered netted pocket easily holds 2 full sz jars plus 2-3 eyeshadows/smaller jars plus a few extra slim brushes
Brown color makes it look less like a cheap camera bag
Expandable/collapsable zip works for light or, em, even lighter days
Relatively inexpensive for a Bare Minerals branded product
5 brush pockets....see below

Out of 5 brush pockets, warning- only 2 hold the standard handle brushes!! TWO. The rest are clearly meant for eyeshadow brushes
Dark color means the typical Bare Minerals 'dust' will show all over it, requires constant wiping
Too small for a trip, not enough space for full size jars and standard, not slim brushes

UPDATE 1/19/2012

Well has only been a few months since my review and sadly, even with gentle care the inside zipper has broken. It did that weird thing where it looks securely zipped but you can pull it apart at the zip 'seam' with your fingers. My hubby tried to fix it but it promptly broke again. It still runs bath and forth like a zipper, it just won't actually zip. I didn't pay much for this so no big loss..but I see they've hiked the price. So beware. Just trusting the main outside zipper is not enough. The inside zipper is a netted pocket, keeping those messy, pesky jars secure. Which, no pun intended, is an ESSENTIAL part of a good cosmetic bag. :-(
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2012
At first I was disappointed because it appeared to be so small, but once I started putting my make-up in it, I was very pleased with the bag. It organizes my make-up for me and while not the most stylish thing on the planet the price was amazing. I love it.
review image
on January 30, 2012
I am very satisfied with my this Bare Escentuals expandable makeup bag. I can fit all of my cosmetics and brushes I need for my basic face. I keep this under the bathroom sink on top of my larger makeup case. I work out of this small bag on a daily basis. When I am running late, I toss it in my tote for on the go makeup appllication. The bag is well designed, zippers are good quality, and I personally like the brown color. I looked awhile before finding this bag. The price was great, and mine even came with a small green mineral powder brush. I viewed a video before deciding on this bag. It really does expand to fit quite a bit of make-up. In my bag today: powder foundation compact,eye brow powder compact, two eyeshadow compacts, eyeliner pencil, eyelash curler, full size mascara, blush compact, bronzer compact, tube of eyeshadow base. Foundation brush, brow brush, eyeshadow brush, eyeliner brush, sponge tip blender tool, blush brush, In a small snack size zip-lock bag, eye pencil sharpener, a few sponge tip applicators, old clean mascara wand for unclumping wet mascara. And, I still have room! Easy to wipe clean. Definitely would purchase again, or give as a gift.
on January 17, 2012
This bag is exactly what I was looking for! Now i don't need a separate bag for my brushes or have to worry about putting them with the rest of my makeup!
I think the version of this bag that I received may have been an update to the one the previous reviewer was sent. Instead of pockets for brushes there are 6 elastics of varying widths attached to it. & an additional larger elastic on the flap that covers the brushes that is perfect for a mini kabuki brushes. Also you can double up brushes in the elastics to make them fit more snug and to put more in it. You can also stick mascara or eyeliner tubes in them :) very handy!
The compartment where I stick my makeup in is also different...I saw on another website of pictures of the interior of this bag, and I know there are two or three different versions. The place where I keep makeup has a clear plastic material with a zipper. The alternative would be mesh, but I think the version I received is much easier to clean! :)
The only reason I gave it four stars instead of five is because I know that a lot of people prefer more decorated or colorful makeup bags. HOWEVER, I check on a couple other websites and they have different special editions of this bag for a little bit more $$$. However, I think that the brown is less juvenile than the colorful versions.
When it says Expandable on the name of the product. It means it! I can fit a pretty decent of amount of makeup in here!
The one thing that made me nervous about purchasing this bag though it that my brushes would be too tall to fit! I have the MAC 239 AND 224 brushes and they fit perfectly! :)
on January 4, 2013
The bag I received is the same size, color and outside appearance- However, on the inside, the zippered compartment is Netted- not clear plastic like in the photo. As well, the other side has Pockets- not stretchy holder rings. There isn't a large ring on the protective flap either. I had to cut open two of the smaller pockets to make one big one, which tore the material. Speaking of material- the polyester is flimsy and has already torn in a couple of places.

Overall the bag is too small to fit my daily carry-along items, and I could have paid less for something better. Don't waste your time or your money.
on January 14, 2013
The bag is flimsy. The part where you store the makeup is not easy to get into. Needs to be redesigned. Just don't like it at all. :( I'm dissappionted because I am a huge Bare Escentuals fan and this bag really let me down.
on January 29, 2013
I don't use Bare Escentuals, but this seemed like it might be a nice replacement for the make-up bag I'd been toting around in my purse. I travel a bit, so I keep pretty much everything in there. The front of the bag holds my liners, concealer, mascara, nail file/clippers, tweezers and some hair pins. The larger compartment holds pressed powder, blush, a kabuki brush, an eyeshadow pot, my contact case, Neosporin, a mini hair claw, my spare e-cig capsules, and some extra jewelery. I expand the compartment when I want to dig around in it, then zip it/collapse it before I put it back in my purse. Super handy, space efficient, and the chocolate brown fabric with small rose-colored accents is quite tasteful and seems to be made of material that will wipe clean well.
on June 19, 2013
I have to totally disagree with the person who said the picture is deceiving and the bag is too small. I was so surprised when it was delivered. It is big enough to hold ALL of my makeup and ALL of my brushes and that's not an easy thing to do. I have 5 of the big brushes, you know like the ones you apply foundation, mineral veil, blush, Luminizer, etc. It has slots big enough for all of them. And I am a Bareminerals collector. I have it all and it all fits in this bag. I am so glad I did not read that review until after I had ordered the bag. Get it, you won't regret it.
on August 20, 2012
This little bag is great. It is surprising how much it holds for such a small bag. Not expanded it easily holds large size foundation, radiance, mineral veil, small blush, and four eye shadows on one side and on the other side it has elastic band slots that hold a large kabuki brush, and slots for several other application brushes. It is great for keeping all your Bare Escentuals makeup organized.
on October 13, 2013
I thought this was a different makeup bag from Bare Escentuals. It was smaller than what
I needed. When it arrived, I realized my mistake.
the seller accepted the return and refunded my money.