5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Found!
Published on August 19, 2012 by Happy Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate photo or sizing is off
Published 19 months ago by fallon

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've Found!, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Barely There Women's Smooth A'tude Light Control Thigh Slimmer (Apparel)
Finally! After spending a fortune on other similar products, this is by far my favorite. I can comfortably wear them all day and night. The legs stay in place, the top doesn't roll, and they stretch and move with my body. They are also a great length- short enough for every skirt in my closet, but long enough to avoid the dreaded chafing. I actually forget that I am wearing them! In addition, the fabric is lightweight and cool, so it doesn't feel like a thick extra layer. They could easily be worn under a pair of dress pants for a seamless look, and without being bulky. They wash up really well, with no special care. I washed them on regular and dried them on hot and they came out like new. I ordered one pair as a trial run, and after wearing and washing them a few times, I went back and ordered five more pairs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smoothing shorts!, June 1, 2012
I bought these to reduce friction on my inner thighs and they do just that. I can comfortably wear skirts and dresses now. They smooth out my whole lower half without making me feel like I am stuffed in sausage casing. Love Barely There products!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more thigh chafing, June 26, 2012
MissTina44 (Sonoma, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I agree with Karlie. No more stuffed sausage feeling. I was looking for something to prevent the inner thigh chafing and this did the job. VERY comfy. It doesn't suck in as much as similar items as it is light control but that's not what I bought it for. It does smooth and soften the dimples, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars throw away that slip, July 17, 2013
I bought these to wear to work under dresses and skirts. I decided to test them before I wrote my review my results are: I wore them under jeans for an entire day, love them, they didn't leave a line on the thigh. I wore them under dress slacks and they left a polished look, perfect. Now for the skirt and dress days, omgoodness, I drive a SUV and getting in and out is now a breeze, no worries, they never ride up after wearing all day in the office and in and out of vehicle running errands on way home. I will also mention that it has been 90 degrees during this time and no ugly sweat problems. I am 5'4" 135 with excess cellulite from being obese so most garments don't fit my body without cutting and leaving ugly lines. I will now proceed to purchase several pairs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite shorts under skirts, July 9, 2013
Love, love these shorts. I wear them under skirts to avoid 'chub rub', and they're awesome. Not so tight that you squish out the top, but snug to the body to do a bit of smoothing. No bloomer affect. The legs stay in place, the top doesn't roll, and the inner legs are gussetted so the seam doesn't fall right at the inside of the thigh. I'm a size 14-16, bought the XL and it fits just right; I wasn't looking for a "shaper" garment, just something light to wear under skirts to make me more comfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars inaccurate photo or sizing is off, May 16, 2013
I really wanted to like this product because the legs look longer and I've tried others with shorter legs that just ride up on the inside with every step, entirely defeating their purpose. However, this product is poorly designed. The legs are long - i'm tall and they fit me about the same as in the photo, but the top portion is all wrong. First, it does NOT cover the waist or belly button as shown in the photo. In fact, it fell awkwardly like a pair of low rise underwear about 4 inches below my belly button. If it was underwear that would've been fine but these fit like nylons or spanx so it actually created love handles. I wish they had thought to make the top longer, as depicted in the photo.

5.0 out of 5 stars So comfy - awesome, May 21, 2013
i think it's essential for all women to own a pair of these, and a pair of SPANX.
SPANX are much tighter for really creating a new shape. Barely There are more perfect for being comfy while needing all the same benefits except the "shape" creation. I think having one of each is essential depending on what you're wearing.

Barely there is perfect for:
-having legs not rub together with a skirt or dress
-being loose and comfortable for dresses that are form fitting (tight spanx might cause you to bulge over the top of the spanx in a form fitting dress)
-smooths things out :)

love love love

4.0 out of 5 stars good, June 30, 2013
I purchased these to wear under summer dresses to reduce thigh friction. They do the trick. I wore them for a day of shopping. It was quite warm and a bit humid. They were cool enough and didn't ride up. They didn't feel binding either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, August 24, 2013
I was skeptical at first because I didn't know how they would fit, but they stretch so they fit snug but are not too tight, I love having them because I am able to wear my jeans and not have my old underwear ride up my behind. Best bargain for my money!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars sizing, August 15, 2013
although I bought an identical pair in white that fit absolutely perfect, the black fit somewhat small and much lower waist...well, not even waist, the white pair fit on my waist whereas the black was below my hips....not sure if I received a defective pair or what....