Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 15, 2010
Purchased this unit as a replacement charger for my Cybershot DSC-W290. The sony battery is Type G, NP-BG1.
When I received the unit, the battery was nearly dead. Placed the battery on the charger, plugged into the wall, and battery was fully charged rather quickly. Charger has a light indicator that turns green when battery is fully charged. Excellent charger for just a few bucks.
on March 4, 2013
After looking online at many other chargers (I lost my original one) I couldn't believe they wanted as much for a charger as a new camera. I thought for sure I'd be buying an entire new camera, I didn't have to. This charger works great with my cybershot, and actually I have a new version of the cybershot and it is still the charger I use. It's portable, lightweight and durable. If you're searching for a battery charger look no further.
on December 22, 2012
It has two gold prongs on the charger, most batteries have 3 gold connectors. See the issue? Since the charger only has two connectors on the top of the charger it takes longer to charge a battery and also doesn't charge unless you ajar the battery on the edge of the slot so the pins can actually make contact with the battery.

Honestly it works if you mess with it a bit, just spend the extra money and get the Sony one.
on July 16, 2013
I'm not even sure that what they sent is the right product - the battery never even fit securely into this charger. I tried taping the battery to see whether it could get better contact and that might charge it, but no luck. The green light goes on as if everything is fine. So then I thought it might be my battery, so I got a new battery and even that will not charge. Its a waste of money...
on September 17, 2010
Works just as expected, cheap and reliable! It feels as though this charges the battery faster than the original :) The good part being that the light "shuts off" once the battery is charged - something not on the original sony charger!!! If you are looking for a spare one or if you lost your old one here's a tip: BUY IT :)
on July 21, 2011
This charger worked really well the first few months then all of a sudden it would only charge the generic batteries. Then that stopped and it would only charge the real SONY battery. The fact of the matter is that the chamber is too big for the battery that it states it's for. I have to have the charge the battery either perfectly vertical or perfectly horizontal or the battery will fall out, also I have to stick a piece of paper at the top so that the connectors touch.
on February 11, 2014
Lost my original in the move, had this for over a year and still charges like a champ! Haven't had the need to use the car charger yet but its a nice added bonus just in case of long trips where you are taking pictures from the car and can just conveniently charge in the car.
on December 5, 2010
GET THIS! I'm still in shock at how cheap it was, as I kept looking for a charger for my sony cybershot but they were too dang expensive. I ran across this & thought I'll get it but not expecting much, feeling ok if I had lost out on a few bucks. However, this thing works GREAT! I think you just pay for the label on the sony one IMO!
on November 3, 2010
I have used the wall unit a couple times, it works without any problems. Haven't got a chance to use the car charger unit yet, but at this price, I am very happy to find this deal on amazon.com.
on May 16, 2011
No problems charging battery after we lost the Sony charger. It took about the same amount of time as the factory charger so I cant complain with its performance. Cant beat the price!