Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 78 questions
votes
There is no internal light source in the Nook Simple Touch so the answer is no unless a light is on near it. This product was specifically designed to work well with artificial lights, daylight and especially in direct sunlight and it works just beautifully in direct sun, my main reason for purchasing it.
Feb 1, 2014 by Thomas Hopper
vote
Nook Simple Touch has micro SD card slot, supporting up to 32GB. I am using 8GB and find it more than enough for all books and comics i need.
Dec 3, 2012 by G. Penjin
votes
oh oh, you got me there Christon, I have never purchased a Kindle book so I can't honestly answer your question, perhaps call your local Barnes and Noble store and they could answer that question for you! I love my simple touch e-reader, it is the best thing! I can read all hours of the night without waking the family!
Mar 14, 2014 by Jan
votes
Yes, there are buttons at the right and left side of the screen. Page can by changed also by tapping left or right part of the screen itself.
Feb 9, 2013 by Piotr Kazanowski
votes
Hi Hildy, I bought the Nook Simple Touch, only comes in B/W. However did purchase a Nook Tablet in full color and HD . Love both of them
Sep 6, 2013 by jawjadon
votes
Nook Simple Touch is black & white and grey tones are possible too.
Jun 12, 2014 by Thomas Hopper
votes
Yes, the font size is adjustable.
24 days ago by Benjamin Aryee
votes
can you use adobe pdf Nov 25, 2012
You can. The PDFs can be loaded just as they are, but there is no zooming for them, which makes them pretty useless. I downloaded a program called Calibre to my mac (they make it for windows too). You can convert the PDFs to ePubs. Then you can highlight and take notes just like the books on the nook. Of course these don't sync to other nook apps or devices. It's not a perfect solution, but it works.
Nov 25, 2012 by Nikki
votes
no, it only comes with the USB cable. And you can connect it to your laptop, PC for charging.
Feb 3, 2013 by K. Nguyen
votes
It looks like you need a Nook Color, HD, or HD+ See: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Talk/Need-some-clarification-regarding-reading-CBR-files/td-p/1466234 See also: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104749
Dec 18, 2013 by prpathaven
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers