4.0 out of 5 stars Barnett Vengeance
I received the Barnett Vengeance crossbow yesterday in the mail and took it to the range for the first time today. I'm just going to post a review of my initial observations and I'll post again when I have a chance to spend some more time with it.

Published on October 19, 2012 by Xtremgrl

1.0 out of 5 stars Barnett Vengeance initial review UPDATE 2014
The same day that I received my Barnett Vengeance I assembled like a kid at Christmas. The excitement was just too much...
Published 16 months ago by John

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Barnett Vengeance, October 19, 2012
This review is from: Barnett Vengeance Crossbow with 3x32mm Scope Package, 140-Pound Draw Weight, Carbon Black (Sports)

Assembly: The bow went together fairly easily. As they mention in the instructions, it has very high fit tolerances, so it takes a lot of pressure to get all the parts to line up flush. A rubber mallet would probably be beneficial so you can tap on it without fear of damaging it. Once it's together, 5 stars for appearance. The assembly instructions leave A LOT to be desired. The pictures aren't good and the explanations are very specific with regards to parts and placement.

Also, with regard to instructions for operation and assembly, the instructions that come with the scope are almost worthless. They don't explain how to operate each of the knobs for zeroing. If you don't have previous knowledge on how to zero and use the scope, you will have to find out the information elsewhere.

Cocking: The rope cocking device works perfectly... if you are over 5'8" tall. I'm 5'2 and it is probably impossible to cock this crossbow without modifying the rope. However, the rope was easily modified and now I can cock it without a problem. Pulling requires only a moderate level of strength.

Construction: The bow is very sturdy and there aren't any parts that appear to be weak or flimsy. After firing several times, however, the two rubber string dampeners at the front of the bow popped off. We had to spend some time looking for them. They reattached easily, but I will have to put some super glue where they attach to keep them from falling off and losing them.

POSITIVES: The looks are by far the best part of the crossbow. It looks sleek and high-tech. The trigger pull is crispy and quick. The crossbow is BLAZING FAST and extremely accurate. The reverse draw makes it well balanced compared to other traditional crossbows.

I would definitely recommend this crossbow to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars First thing assembly is true with others who have written about this it is left to be desired but if you YouTube search barnett, July 10, 2014
I'm writing this review to help someone who is interested in purchasing a crossbow. I have shot a lot of crossbows from ten point,different barnett, to Excalibur and many more so I have some experience with crossbows. First thing assembly is true with others who have written about this it is left to be desired but if you YouTube search barnett vengeance assembly it goes together like a dream. Second factory strings are ok but the servings are a little cheaply served. I expected that anyway from any factory bow. I always put custom strings on my crossbows and vertical compound bow anyway, but for someone who doesn't they are fine. Once assemble I purchased a Pursuite X1 3x32 crossbow sight with a HHA optimizer. This is not needed cause the optics that comes with the bow are spot on also I just use the scope that came with it and put it on my other Barnett Recruite. For 800 to 900 dollars people you will be hard to find a more quiet,fast,light and accurate crossbow out there. It looks amazing I have the black carbon look one but am considering buying a camo one also. I 3d shoot and hunt deer and turkey. Last year people where complain about at the end of the cocking cycle that the rope cocking brace was scratching the stock and mine does very slightly but I put a little string wax back on the sides of the Harrell and it helps out tremendously. Performance wise this is an absolute tack driver out to 100 yards no lie. I'm holding 3 inch groups paired with some gold tip laser 3 pro shaft with 2 inch helical fusion vanes done with an Arizona ez bolt fletcher. It's so accurate a Doe was taking with this a 70 yards with a pass through with schwacker 2 in broadheads and she drop in 30 yards. 10 point buck was shot at 45 yards quartering to me through the front leg shoulder area into heart and exited out the other side with same broadhead. This crossbow is amazing people I know there are more bows faster than this but it's ghost and extremely accurate. I wrote a review on this bow before but I finally got the right combination of arrow weight and spine stiffness and broadheads with proper weighted inserts. Crossbow hunter who pay attention to accuracy and their equipment know exactly what I'm talking about with arrow combination. You won't be diss appointed with this bow with any crossbow you have to find the right arrow combo for every crossbow to achieve great accuracy. Sure out the box with the head hunter arrows I could hold a 3 inch group to 45 yards but I am shooting game farther and can hold a 1 1/2in group at 45 yards and 3 inch group at 100 yards. If this doesn't convince you then that's ok cause I will be purchasing another in camo real soon. God bless and keep shooting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Barnett Vengeance initial review UPDATE 2014, August 12, 2013
Assembly instructions are o.k. but the pictures are hard to make out. I preferred watching the assembly on YOUTUBE and following his instructions. Assembly is fairly easy except for the two small screws that hold the string supresser on the end the rail. The holes for these two screws do not line up. If you are not careful, cross threading can occur.
Here is the good part.....
First shot at target from twenty yards, everything worked as designed. I even managed to hit the target. Six inches low of bullseye, but yet still, a hit. Second attempt to cock the bow, the string would not lock. Numerous attempts were made after that, to no avail. At this point, my excitement from an all time high had crashed to the lowest low.
I also noticed that the cock rope device does scratch the paint on the shoulder stock right under the scope mount. The steel bar on the cocking devise is the cause of this. Be sure to keep the arrow rail waxed or the same thing can occur here also.

Called Barnett for instructions to send back for repair and explain the issue. Had to disassemble, re-package and send off. This whole process from sending and receiving repaired bow from Barnett took approximately seven days. The people at Barnett are very friendly and helpful. No complaints here. According to Barnett, my bow had a faulty trigger locking mechanism and was replaced. It was also shot 15 times, after replacement, with no issues.
Since I received the repaired bow, I have also shot it at least 15 times with no issues.
Scope is an o.k.scope. (will probably change later, depending). Was very easy to sight in. Bow is deadly at 60 yards. (my final practice shots).
I sure hope that this was the only bug in this bow. I would hate for this to happen during hunting season.
I really like the look and the way the bow feels when shooting.

john

Let me just start by saying that this review is just my personnal experience with the vengeance crossbow. I am sure that many people have purchased this crossbow and have had a better experience....well, I hope so anyway...

On a good note, I did kill a few deer last year (2013) with the vengeance. Deadly accurate.

Just guessing, with hunting and practice shots, I may have shot this bow 75 times. 8 shots for practice this 2014 season.

The first day of the 2014 hunting season, I was sitting in my stand with bow cocked and arrow in flight track when the RISER broke in the area where the right limb bolted to it. The impact caused the cam to hit and bend the flight track, also shearing the string dampener on one side. The only parts that were still usable was the scope and foot stirrup.

Barnett did replace all damaged parts except they forgot the string dampener. I am waiting for it to arrive. Will miss another weekend of hunting because of this. No, they did not give me a total brand new bow package as you see in stores.

Needless to say I lost three weekends of this 2014 hunting season.

You guys may not agree with this, but I will give the vengeance another try. Too much money invested not too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bow, TERRIBLE SERVICE!, November 10, 2014
First off, Sportsman Supply treated me great!
My issue is with Barnett and their customer service. When the bow first arrived in it's factory sealed box most of the assembly bolts were missing. Sportsman Supply was able to get me these through Barnett. Barnett took 4 weeks to ship the bolts to Sportsman supply. Sportsman Supply took two days! Thank you Sportsman Supply for battling Barnett for me! Got the parts on a Friday night, nothing quite fit, With lots of effort I finally got to the riser assembly, nothing I could do with that, the rail holes were not aligned! I guess this was never assembled at the plant. After several weeks of contacting Barnett I got a shipping tag, (they rudely told me they sent one earlier). Four weeks later I got a box from Barnett, cool, I thought, they sent me a replacement. I was wrong, it was the same one, same serial #. The butt and stock were scratched up and there were vice marks on the Butt! But I could tell they reworked the holes so I went ahead and assembled it..... Almost! The riser did fit now and everything was looking ok till I couldn't find the Foot Stirrup. Called Barnett, did you look in the box? Yes. Well, you must not have sent it back. No. I finally got them to send me another Stirrup.
Wasn't sure till it arrived as all my communications with them has been one sided. I guess they have never heard the term, "Communication is Key!"
The stirrup went on fine and I pulled out the scope, the silicone moisture control pack had broke in the scope box and scratched up the outside of the scope!

Last straw, I called them up again and complained about service and scratches, etc... Their reply was roughly -- What do want US to do about it, you got your bow.

THANK YOU BARNETT!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a great crossbow!, October 7, 2013
it's really nice. It's accurate and very fast.I can't shoot a regular bow because of a shoulder injury but I can shoot this crossbow. I like the way it's balanced. It's great. I love shooting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome. Best bow ever., November 6, 2013
Compact, easy to cock, fast, powerful, silent, deadly accurate. The reticles in the scope are dead on. Sight in the top at 20 yards and you can throw a bullseye at 30, 40 and 50 every time.

2.0 out of 5 stars mixxed feelings about QC but all in all i love it after some work, March 26, 2014
ok where to start. well first off i love this bow now but it took some work. out of the box it would not assemble properly. the holes in the riser werent drilled all the way and were kind of cockeyed. this meant i had to take a dremel and straighten them out but before that i had to sand down the riser and the frame some because the rise wasn't cut to size and you couldn't physically make it fit even with force. i consider myself fairly handy and i'm willing to ask for help if need be, and my local guy said that there wasnt anything i was doing wrong that this must have been a dud. I watched videos and read the directions over and over to see if i was missing something. I followed the directions to the letter after not being able to do it with out them, and it was still to no avail. then i resorted to the sanding and the dremel. after fixing some of the problems it went together like a glove and preforms flawlessly. i love the bow itself but this thing was borderline a lemon out of the box. QC at barnett needs to step it up this is over an $800 bow and you should never have to do what was required out of me to put the bow together. hopefully no one else has this expierince with this bow because now that it is together it is one of my favorites.

2.0 out of 5 stars Other than not being able to fire the crossbow was pretty nice. The safety and trigger mechanism failed and ..., October 19, 2014
Had mechanical failure soon after removing from box. Other than not being able to fire the crossbow was pretty nice. The safety and trigger mechanism failed and would not allow me to cock the bow.

4.0 out of 5 stars The crossbow is great. The scope is really bad, October 24, 2014
The crossbow is great. The scope is really bad . Barnett should never install such junk on a good crossbow. They really need to rethank this pachage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Barnett makes some nice crossbows the only thing is that it's still heavy ..., August 29, 2014
This was no surprise. Barnett makes some nice crossbows the only thing is that it's still heavy like my c5 but I still like it a lot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›