5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Singing and Dancing
Published on March 8, 2000 by amn1964

3.0 out of 5 stars Barney is fine
We bought this for my son but he isn't into Barney turns out. Barney is fine we just haven't watched this much because he has other DVDs that he prefers.
Published 22 months ago by Syble Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of Singing and Dancing, March 8, 2000
"amn1964" (Pennsylvania, USA) - See all my reviews
My one year old daughter loves this Barney video more so than the other Barney videos we have. This video is a delight to watch because it has beautiful props, costumes, and backgrounds. My daughter enjoys all the familiar Barney songs and the video keeps her attention from beginning to end because there isn't much of a "lull" between songs. It is one song and dance after another. I enjoyed seeing the "reunion" of old cast members with the new cast members. This video is more of an entertainment video than it is an instructional one. We watch it everyday after breakfast! My husband and I catch ourselves singing Barney tunes throughout the day!

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best Barney video there is!, September 26, 2001
My baby loves this video. She is not the type to sit still and watch anything, except the active Wiggles, but this tape she claps and kicks her legs to in delight. She is 13 months old. She loves all the songs. There is not one bad song in this video. I have seen several other Barney videos and none of them compare. This one is full of non-stop singing and dancing. Also the production is supurb compared to all the others. It is movie quality and the children in it don't look like they are acting, like in all the other Barney videos. They look like they are truly enjoying the 10th Anniversary sing along. It is full of bright colors and activities that follow the songs. Like "Grampa's Farm" is sung at a real farm. And "Green Grass Grows Around" is sung while camping at a real campground! Plus there is storybook land with candy, castles and magic. My baby adores this video and although I have never been a Barney fan, I find myself singing all these songs to her and she giggles in delight. Top notch entertainment. Buy this one, it is a cut above the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT AND FUN VIDEO!, December 15, 1999
A. White "searcher for truth" (Lancaster, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My just turned 3 year old daughter and I LOVED this video! It's full of our favorite songs and the current kids are fun to watch. What I liked best about it though was seeing the old kids again. They are all grown up and it was such fun to see and hear them again! My favorite part was seeing "Kathy" sing 'Me and My Teddy' with little "Linda". All Barney fans will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Barney Video out there !!, November 13, 2003
Amazon Customer "snazzy4e" (OZONE PARK, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best and most well sung collection of Barney songs there is.... Barney invites his friends for a sing a long , some of the older cast members show up along the way too. They go to the farm, a pretend camping trip and inside storybook land.. This video is well choreographed and have what I believe to be the best versions of all of Barneys songs !!Every family member that previously disliked Barney has now become a Barney fan and sings along to these songs. My 2 year old sings along and mimics all the dance moves and clapping that the children do. I like the fact that this is not a sit still video, he will get up and jump around and have fun watching this video....(getting in some exercise) I take it everywhere, Grandma's house, the babysitters, aunty's house so his cousins can all watch, the van on long drives( built in vhs). This video is a great introduction to Barney if you are looking for a first video, and if I could only have one this would be it ! Wish I could get it on DVD !!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was absolutely SUPER-DEE-DUPER!!!, May 29, 1999
By A Customer
My little sister loves Barney and says that "Sing and Dance With Barney" is her favourite Barney video! she loves singing, so a BARNEY video with 27 songs in less than an hour is perfect. Actually, even I sat down and watched it (for a teenie while) and enjoyed seeing some of Barney's old friends (Kathy, Michael, Tosha, Min, and Jason)! It includes some of her favourite songs like "Mr. Knickerbocker", "Baby Bop's Yellow Blankie", and "Just Imagine"! This video rates 5 stars for us!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Preschool Viewing, September 12, 2001
Sarah L. Rinelli (Sacramento, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This video is the essential compilation of 10 years of the Barney and Friends PBS show and the Barney videos (think of it as "Barney's Greatest Hits!").
Combining favorite child stars from current shows (Hannah, Robert, Stephen, Ashley, Denny, Jeff, Keesha, Kim, and Adrienne) and Barney stars from the past (Min, Kathy, Michael, Tosha, and Jason), this video features a sing-along reunion party theme that moves quickly from one favorite song to another.
As always, the choreography is seamless, and the songs are enjoyable for little ones. My children really enjoy this one. My little Susan, age 6 months, became very upset (crying!) when Mommy turned this video off the other day. I had it on for my 2 1/2 year old, and I wasn't even aware that Susan was enjoying it so much. As soon as I turn it back on, Susan became happy again and stopped crying!
We also enjoy seeing the kids from the previous shows. It's nice to see how Barney has evolved over the years. I really think if you like Barney, your family would enjoy this video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the Past meets Musical Extravaganza, April 28, 2000
This 10 Year Anniversary/Reunion video is a musical treat filled with lavish sets that are candy to a toddler's eyes. If your child loves to sing and dance (and especially if he or she is familiar with tunes sung on the Barney show), this is a must have- it is one of my 3-year-old's favorite videos. For us parents who have followed Barney from his humble Texas beginnings, with his various costume changes and cast changes, it's neat to see how far the show has come and how much it has improved over the years. I remember seeing Michael as a tiny boy when the show first started (my nephew was into it back then, and I remember thinking that the original Barney costume was quite ugly- he's much cuter today), so it's neat to see Michael now as a grown man. This is a great video that both old and new fans will enjoy- it's definitely one of the top 5 choices out of all the Barney videos out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever idea...., October 10, 2004
I was impressed with how they got the former Barney friends into the newer Barney show. It was very cool seeing Michael, Kathy, Tosha, etc. back with our favorite dino. I highly recommend this if you are a fan of the old Barney episodes and are curious as to how the castmembers grew up. It would have been awesome if Tina could come back, but oh well...

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't wait a second... It's a total fun !, December 2, 2005
I had never actually watched Barney before I bought my 8-month-old son this VHS. He loves watching Barney. He watches this video straight through. Moreover, he is mesmerized by this video while sitting in front of the TV. Colorful TV commercials or Cartoons don't work as much as Barney to help us at the time of baby meals. It is a winner among all other baby materials. I wonder what it is about Barney that is so appealing. Is it normal for a baby to watch it three times a day? I am afraid to have VHS torn out soon.

I also like this video because the characters are warm and friendly while having lots of fun and singing and dancing. Due to my son's interest to this video, I have already ordered 4 more different Barney VHS/DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incedible! Best movie ever made!, July 23, 2003
This movie is unbelievable.
It puts "Gone with the Wind" and "Lord of the Rings" to shame!
It helps me get through all my hard times and lifts my spirit like i have just grown wings.
Whenever i am feeling not so grand, i pop this movie in and watch all my cares go away!
I am 74 and i still love this movie.
I don't like it when they call these movies preschool movies, i think everyone should watch these movies, even teenagers.
This movie is stupendous!