5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing animal book is a winner with my 1 year old son!
My son Ian is now 17 months old and during his short lifetime, my wife and I have bought Ian many books for him to read and enjoy. One of Ian's alltime favorite books is Sandra Boynton's "Barnyard Dance."
Published on August 5, 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars not ready yet for 15 month old
It is a bit too soon to introduce to my 15 month old grandson. It is now part of the collection of saved books for a later time.
Published 9 days ago by deeedee

5.0 out of 5 stars Dancing animal book is a winner with my 1 year old son!, August 5, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
There are several reasons why Ian loves this particlar book. First, Ian loves Sandra Boynton's whimsical animal illustrations. To see a cow or a pig or a mouse done a la Boynton never fails to elicit a giggle from Ian.
Second, the story has a nice rhyme and cadence to it. Kids seem to love a book that flows well.
Finally, what Ian really likes about this book is the way Ms. Boynton has the animals dancing and prancing about. My wife taught Ian to "dance" the way the animals in the story dance and everytime we read the book, Ian always follows along by dancing and prancing just like the animals. It is priceless.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story and activity book combined!, December 10, 2004
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Another winner from Sandra Boynton! This wonderful book combines her classic, adorable animal characters with square dance-like commands to make it a participatory activity. Even the youngest of toddlers should be able to follow the simple instructions such as "bow to the horse - bow to the cow." As they get older, they will love repeating the fun sound effects as well, from "cheep cheep cheep!" to "quack quack quack!" Of course, each stanza also rhymes beautifully, further delighting the little ones and making it a joy to read for parents. When my niece was about 20 months old, she never tired of hearing this book and doing the dance--there was nothing cuter than seeing her do her little bow to start it off! This book will provide hours of fun for both the kids AND the adults--highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Your baby will love this funny, little, board book!, May 15, 2002
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is my FAVORITE Boynton book! It is just plain SILLY; square dancing with farm animals. Indelibly endearing, the characters come alive when the fiddle-playing cow begins to sing, "Bow to the horse. Bow to the cow. Twirl with the pig if you know how." The rhythm is so musical, it's addictive, and GREAT fun to read aloud, or sing as in my case. "Prance with the horses, skitter with the mice. Swing with your partner once or twice." Simple, silly, animation; your baby will love this funny, little, board book! As an education tool, children will learn to recognize farm animals, and associate simple verbs to the action, such as bow, bounce, swing, and leap. WARNING: Barnyard Dance! may cause dancing, and the reader may develop a musical twang. Birth and up.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, February 26, 2002
C.S. (Cleveland, OH) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
My son is 11 months old, and the first Boynton book we got was Moo! Baa! La-la-la! He loves that one, laughing and giggling. And he's enjoyed every other Boynton book I've bought him (they're addictive!) But this one - Barnyard Dance is our favorite to date! I was reading it to him tonight and trying to kind of sing it, and he was bouncing and pointing and smiling. And I couldn't help but laughing with him. It's really as fun as it gets.
This book is terrific. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FUN, September 20, 2001
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is a fun book to read.
I look for books that have simple pictures that help tell the story. (I believe sometimes the pictures in childrens' books get too distracting with too many things going on.) I look for books that have bright colors that keep my child interested in the pages. I look for books that we can do more than just read the book.
This book fits all those catagories. This pictures are simple and yet exciting enough that the keep my child's attention. We like to try to act out the dance the animals are doing after we have read the book. Sometimes we sing this book to a country music type of tune. The rythm of this book makes it a lot of fun to read. We are able to count the animals, make the sounds the animals make and in general have a great time with this book.
All of the books by Boynton are fun. However, this is among my son's favorite books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun For All!, April 5, 2003
"dnggibby" (Greensboro, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is a great board book--perfect for infants and toddlers (and up!) It has cute animal illustrations as well as rhyming lines. My daughter was read this book when she was days old and it is still one of her favorites at age five. Also, I find that it makes the perfect baby shower present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave my daughter a GREAT start!, September 23, 2002
Thea M. Ryan (South Dakota, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I believe this book was instrumental in making my daughter a reader. The cadence you achieve when reading it is catchy. My daughter is six years old now and I still have the book going through my head. We just bought it for some friends who are having twins. I'm positive it will be as loved as when we read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter smiles when I pick up this book!, November 10, 1999
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
She is only 4 months old, but I have been reading to her for 6 weeks. Of approximately 12 books we read, this is her favorite - she laughs and smiles as we go through the pages. A "must have" for your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! This book is a must for toddlers of all ages., February 10, 1998
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Barnyard Dance was given to my son three years ago as a baby gift and remains one of our family favorites. The square dance rhythm is exciting to hear and fun to read. The Boynton barnyard animals enjoy the dance, and so will you. Your foot will be tapping and your child will be dancing before you are finished reading. This book is now a must as part of every new baby gift we give.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hannah's favorite book!, April 22, 2011
kathycooks "kathycooks" (Fort Lauderdale, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I figured I'd review this even though it is overwhelmingly popular already. My granddaughter loves this book! She's just getting to the stage of being anxious when mommy and daddy leave for an evening out and reading this book puts her right back in a good frame of mind. At 10 months, she already tries to "cheep, cheep, cheep" along with the chickens. It's sooooo cute! I'm online now, buying more Boynton board books!

ARRAY(0xa5760cb4)

Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board)
Barnyard Dance! (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - October 1, 1993)
$6.95 $4.39