Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on May 20, 2006
I live in an old apartment by the college that use to always be musty and mildewy all year. There is moisture no matter what and even lysol wouldn't take the mildew smell out. Then I bought 4 buckets of damp rid and a refill box. It works like magic! The moisture is absorbed by the damp rid "chalk chips" and then the sludge falls into the bucket, fused into a gel that won't evaporate the captured water. After a while I saw just how much moisture my apartment carried that was now stuck in the damp rid bucket! No more bad smell, no more mildew and mold. Worst place for moisture happened to be in the cabinet under the kitchen sink.....collected about a cup or so of moisture a week. Unfortunately, if you have a lot of moisture you might have to refill the buckets with fresh damprid chips often. I went through a whole refill box in about a month. luckily it's cheap.
on September 12, 2009
Bought this product and refills to use in our finished basement which is very damp and started to smell like mildew. I setup 4 of the canisters in different area's of the basement, the mildew smell went away and it is much less damp down there now. The DampRid crystals dissolve into water which you should empty every once in a while and refill the canisters as well. I have also purchased many refills of this product, it's great. Note: This cost $11.99 online, at Lowes it was $3.77 for the same item, I ordered this online before I checked Lowes, obviously the price is much better at the store.
on May 2, 2013
Long story short, my closet decided to enter into a relationship with mold without asking my permission first. I understand my closet is a lone standing being, but all of my stuff is stored in there, so it would have been nice had it considered discussing this with me first. Now that I have Damp Rid, the mold is afraid to come around. It works better in these kind of torrid relationships than a father cleaning his shotgun while meeting his daughter's significant other.
on June 12, 2010
I do not leave reviews until I am 100% sure that something work/the service is great.This is actually my very 1st review besides the customer service ones on EBay.I'm doing it because I have found customer reviews are extremely useful so I want to contribute to help out others.

Recently I found out my son also have allergies like me, and he also have asthma so I'm more concerned with living in a walk-in/basement apartment which I can I see mold in the hallway (which share a wall with my landlord's garage & she has tons of mold on the other side of the wall.She doesn't do anything about it either.) & the bathroom.

I bought 2 dampRid (1 bathroom hook on to the tank & the 2nd 1 in my hallway which I use as my closet.).I always question if they actually work until I move the hallway damprid into my livingroom/kitchen to see how much water I have in the air for 2 weeks.In those 2 weeks, I noticed after a couple days that my hallway had a bad smell in the air from the humidity/wetness.I didn't like it but I didn't want to go buy more for the rest of the apartment until I know 100% sure that they work.I noticed that there wasn't a lot of water collected in the damprid while it was in the livingroom comparing to when it was in the hallway.I moved it back into the hallway. After a week of it's being in the hallway, I do NOT smell any of the staleness/humidity.Plus the water has filled up to the "full line" so quickly comparing to when it was in the livingroom/kitchen (bigger area).

I always question if the water is caused by the crystal & not the water in the air.However, the staleness scent in my hallway is definitely GONE now.I concluded that it WORKS perfectly as they say. I save so much money on electricity from buying DampRID than the electrical dehumidifier.Simple & Easy to handle.Takeup very little space.I went back to HomeDepot & got 2 more for each of my bedroom,a big version for my livingroom/kitchen, & a box of refills.
I’m a Gulf Coast native and understand the importance of a dehumidifier, but sometimes it is not practical to have a dehumidifier in a specific location or running all the time. I was introduced to DampRid when I worked in the residence halls, we’d put it in a few of the buildings if there was a mildew problem, it wasn’t a permanent solution, but it was a short-term solution that helped.

I now use it all the time in my house. I have three refillable buckets that I keep in my office. I have them positioned strategically near the sources of paper. If you live in a humid area and you find that your printer jams a fair bit, a lot of it may have to do with the humidity in the paper making it thicker than normal, or simply not as stiff for printing purposes. This has helped alleviate that issue in my laser jet printer, as well as keeps the papers in my standing files a bit crisper.

I’ve been using the refillable plastic containers for about a year, the same ones, and it is getting to the point where I should probably replace them. Once the DampRid works its magic, it pulls the moisture into the bottom of the container, but what you think is “water” is more of a sticky weird textured sludge. I wouldn’t recommend it for any place where it has the potential to fall over (such as a moving car), but over time it kind of makes the container itself feel weird from the times you pour it out and some inevitably gets on the sides.

The refills are great and rather inexpensive. In one bag I get about four refills in the 10.5 ounce container and depending on the season, usually lasts about a month and a half or more.
on July 26, 2015
Our house is older and we had a problem with getting mold in our closets along with a musty smell. I thought we would give this a try and it works great! Our closets no longer grow mold on our shoes and bags! It's really easy to use, just poor the crystals into the refillable container and when it all turns to water you empty it out and refill it! So easy! I'm so glad I found this stuff, worth every penny! Thanks
A ton!
on May 27, 2010
This product is hard to find, both the holders and refills but would not use anything else in our motorhome. We have wintered in Texas along the gulf and this product worked great for pulling the humidity out of the air. Whenever we store the unit, at least two holders are in the kitchen sink and bathroom sink collecting moisture. We also place at least one of the hanging products in our closet. Thanks Amazon for carrying hard to buy products!
on June 22, 2015
This stuff really works! Had mold/mildew in my car trunk. I got rid of the mold/mildew and this DampRid is keeping my car trunk dry. I also have it on the floor of the back seat. I'm in Seattle so being aware of mold/mildew is necessary.
on November 10, 2015
I have bought previous DampRid products and again, this one has yet disappoint me. I am always tired of moisture in my closet and rooms so a little bucket of it in the corner does its job perfectly. There is not much to say about this refill pouch other than that it's :

-Perfect size for refills
-Has a ziplock seal for times where you don't use up the whole bag,
-Easy to pour and durable bag so no contents rip and spill out.

Would buy again definitely if i continue to use DampRid.
on February 7, 2014
the bags are much less money than buying the containers over and over again. one bag will refill the small container about 20 times. I have a very old house with too much moisture in my closets, these are just enough to help in the closets. the only complaint would be that once opened I had to store in a food storage zip type gal bag. the built in closure on the bag of crystal doesn't work very well.