4.0 out of 5 stars great book
bought this for my brother and he has been using this for a class. very informative and give you exactly what you need.
Published 23 months ago by W

Book contains errors and the explanations of problems are far too short.

Published 6 months ago by Starsword

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, February 18, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good AP prep book, October 5, 2013
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
This book is a good AP Test prep book, especially the multiple choice question. My son got a 5 and this book was definitely of great help - improves the MC speed thru practice. This is not a textbook although a few of the concepts were better explained than his school book. A definite buy for AP students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great practice exams, November 4, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
I can't say I read much of the actual review chapters. I bought the book mainly for 8 practice tests. I took AB last year and I can say that the tests in this book mimic the AP test very well; some problems are even more challenging than the ones on the AP test. I took two practice tests and got a 4 on the exam. I plan on using the rest of the AB tests and the BC practice tests to help me get a 5 on the BC exam in May!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid prep book, October 2, 2013
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
This is a good prep book. The problems sets/practice tests are well designed and the explanations are simple and to the point. It isn't a substitute for taking the course.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help with Calc? This is the book, November 16, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
Great book! I have used this along with my Calc class to have practice problems and I have purchased another one for a friend because I find it extremely helpful. Anyone looking for a lot of practice problems with tons of examples, this is the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
Barron's helped me through all my AP classes. Would reccomend for any high school student, even if they are not struggling. The book has a way of simplying problems in a way that sometimes even teachers can't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good explanations and answer keys, November 7, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
My daughter has found this to be invaluable tool to get her through fast paced high school AP Calculus. Good explanations and answer keys.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's your favourite error? Mine is the on page 33 where ..., July 12, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
Book contains errors and the explanations of problems are far too short.

What's your favourite error? Mine is the on page 33 where they claim essentially that a local minima exists at a certain point even though to the left of the point the function decreases (gotta check that crossing over the y axis guys). It's my favourite because, even if that part wasn't blatantly incorrect, the rest of what they wrote there would still be wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, July 25, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
Lot of questions. Few on explanation. Overall it's a well-qualities product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wish there is a negative star, December 27, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition (Paperback)
BUYERS BEWARE!!This is a horrible book!!There are no explanations for the problems,and they assume you already learned Calculus before. Dude, if I had learn Calculus before, why would I waste my money on a book that has bizarre questions with no explanations? I can download as many questions as I want from the internet for free. Again, this book is totally pointless and not recommended for those who actually want to learn AP Calculus by themselves.

Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition
Barron's AP Calculus, 12th Edition by Shirley O. Hockett (Paperback - February 1, 2013)
$18.99 $10.71