Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on May 4, 2014
Everyone raves about Barrons but I was disappointed by this prep book. It's supposed to contain the most basic, relevant information that you need, but it glosses over or skips topics that are relevant or related. It doesn't even explain topics any better, or more succinctly, than a textbook or online search/video would. Frankly, it hasn't been much use to me; even the practice tests aren't great - the format (wording/style) can be a bit confusing and do not match or even closely resemble AP-style questions. The free response sections are useful enough, though.
I purchased the Barron's flashcards and find them more useful as a supplement/review tool.
on February 14, 2016
This is a really good book to prep for the AP exam and I would recommend this one over the Princeton Review. It has more information and it has practice question at the end of each chapter. I didn't pay attention all year because my teacher would get off track really easily but I studied this book along with the Barrons AP Psychology flashcards for just one month and got a 5 on the AP exam. I felt really prepared just from studying out of the Barrons.
on May 13, 2015
took the test last week and felt very well prepared. all u need to do is read the book ONCE and study the vocab terms in the beginning of each chapter (that is, if youve taken the AP/IB psych course already in school.)
on May 17, 2016
I bought the Barron’s AP Psychology 6th Edition book to self-study for the AP Psychology exam. The content is well-organized and written in a clear, concise way. I found no extra information in it that wasn’t on the test, so the content is accurate to what you need to know for the test.

While this book contains all information you need to pass the AP Psychology test, I found that Hank Green’s Crash Course Psychology videos are a great supplement to this book. His videos are even organized exactly like the chapters in this review book.

Overall, I would recommend the Barron’s AP Psych book to anyone planning to self-study the AP Psych test. I am not affiliated with the College Board in any way, I’m only sharing my experiences with review materials and how effective they are in preparing students for AP tests. I highly recommend this book to anyone planning to self-study AP Environmental Science!

If you found this review helpful in any way, please kindly vote ‘yes’ with the button below. Thanks, and good luck on the AP!
on May 30, 2015
Extremely helpful. I never took the AP Psychology class, instead I just self-studied from this book. I thought the book's content was engaging and not a drag to read through. The practice tests at the back were helpful as well. Afterwards, I found that I knew things that my friends who took the class didn't! I also feel like I performed well on the AP test, but we'll see exactly how well in July.
on June 18, 2016
Extremely helpful. It really helped me in class. I thought the book's content was engaging and not a drag to read through. The practice tests at the back were helpful as well. Afterwards, I found that I knew things that my friends who took the class didn't! I also feel like I performed well on the AP test, but we'll see exactly how well in July.
on September 1, 2015
This book contains a lot of extremely good questions as practice for the AP Psych Exam, I got a 4 on my AP Psych exam purely learning from this book. (I did not have an ap psych class, but I still took the exam)
on May 7, 2016
I wish I had more time to study the book closely. Though it is lengthy as times but the examples do help. As always, these review books are excellent preps for the FRQ portion, at least on this year's test. It has chapter quizzes and 3 full length practice tests I believe? I needed to study for 5 other exams so I only went through 2 tests. They certainly helped on the MC portion. I recommend it, but for people who plan to self study like I did, use it along with other resources and read the book carefully! Good luck. P.S: I'm feeling at least a 4, Barron's + Crash Course videos (free), humble guess ;)
on May 27, 2015
Detailed enough for AP Psychology test. Does not cover some concepts and the Multiple choice does not accurately reflect the test and concentrates too much on trivial detail. For example, it asks you the specific ages for Jean Piaget's stages of development. The test is easy and you will get a 5 easily enough by self studying only by this book.
on May 3, 2016
Has everything you'll need to take the AP test. I started cramming two day before the exam (which is the weekend because the test is held on the first Monday) and still managed an excellent score. Good luck to those of you who are planning on taking it!