5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, perfect partner to class textbook
Published 13 months ago by Brandon

3.0 out of 5 stars Flashcards were better
I personally preferred the flashcards to the book. The book had many spelling errors. I liked the questions at the end of each chapter in the book but I think there was still some information that could've been left out of the book.
Published 13 months ago by AO

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow, perfect partner to class textbook, June 8, 2013
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
As a student who just completed AP United States History, I can easily recommend this review guide for students looking to quickly brush up on topics before class tests or the final AP Exam. I assume students who are buying this book have owned Barron's books in the past, so the structure of this book is identical to other history class books. A few of my peers at school purchased the Princeton Review book, but I still feel Barron's does the best job preparing students for the final exam!

The book covers most of the APUSH curriculum topics, but it is certainly not as in-depth as the actual textbook (it isn't meant to be anyways). My study method usually consulted the Barron's book to brush up on topics or to quickly re-learn stuff that wasn't covered that well in class. All in all, I think the book really helped with my preparation for the final exam.

One gripe I have about this book is that FRQs are not well-explained. Like other Barron's books, this one gives you examples of FRQs, but they fail to show how to write the actual essay. Nevertheless, that's nothing a simple Google search can't fix.

If you're a student or the parent of a student who is enrolled in AP United States History, I HIGHLY recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, November 16, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
A great review book! The writing is easy for teens to understand and makes great summaries on specific topics that you need. The chapters in the review book correspond to my AP US textbook. I recommend this review book for anyone that wants to read these quick summaries and answer the sample questions involved in each summary. Also there are sample regents at the end of the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
I like the timeline that it gives of the major historical events at the beginning of every chapter. It really helps me out when I'm reviewing for cumulative tests, and the small quizzes at the end of the chapter helps finalize what I"ve learned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a 5 in APUSH! Love this book, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
I reviewed for APUSH exam with this book and it helped me get that 5 I wanted so badly :D I would definitely recommend this, and the Barron's AP US History flashcards for study on the go. Happy studying!

5.0 out of 5 stars AP United States History, May 26, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
This book was a great help to read before taking the AP History test. Be sure to order it early enough to read through it before the test.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, May 2, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
I found this book very helpful and easy to use while I study for the AP exam, covers all topics and not difficult to understand, one of the best AP books out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
What I especially liked about this review book was that the questions were challenging. The ones at the end of each chapter are certainly helpful and I found the practice tests at the end to be the best for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very beneficial aid, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
As a current AP US HIstory high school student, this book is a very beneficial tool in providing clear explanations of all important topics for the APUSH exam. The only negative is found in that it only gives a couple review questions at the end of each chapter and the FRQ questions are too simple/irrelevant. However, its test-taking strategies and tips are helpful. Also, its text boxes in the side margins are very useful. Very good and written study guide tool overall. 4.5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars AP exam, May 22, 2012
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
This book was really awesome!!!!! I found it too be really useful right before the AP exam. The book offered a little bit of everything we needed to know for the exam. I was able to take notes while reading the book and highlight the key points. It offered notes on the side and key ideas that were essential to writing my essay during the exam. There were references made in this book that couldn't be found anywhere else. I found that most of the topics written were on the exam. There was even a DBQ on the exam similar to the one in the book. I highly recommend this book to all high school students who plan to take AP US history or is currently taking this course. If you slacked off like me during the year and need to make it up for it, I would suggest purchasing this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great results!, July 18, 2014
This review is from: Barron's AP United States History (Paperback)
I bought this book at B&N not Amazon. Still, I used this book and I found it very helpful. In fact, after taking the APUSH exam in 2014, I found the Multiple Choice in the book harder than on the test. I felt confident due to the prep in this book. Anyway, I got a 5 (the highest score for AP) on this test. This book was great and I recommend to everyone!

Barron's AP United States History
Barron's AP United States History by Eugene V. Resnick M.A. (Paperback - February 1, 2012)
$18.99 $12.86