Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Barron's SAT Math Workbook, 5th Edition
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 16, 2013
20+ years ago, I wanted to go to grad school and had to take the GRE, GMAT, or LSAT. So I started with the GRE. In high school, I was misinformed about test prep. Like so many of the previous generations, I went along with the myth that a student could not prepare for the SAT. So, I didn't.

I remember well the day I took the SAT. And I'm still mad. I was an AP Calc student being tested on middle school math at best. It wasn't that I was not good at those types of problems, I was just rusty and ran out of time. So when I was preparing for the GRE, I got a hold of a Barron's math guide and did every problem over and over. It worked well enough to get me a 790.

Now that I tutor full time, when a top student finishes all of the College Board problems and asks, "What else can I do?" my answer is always the same, "Go get Barron's and get going."

This book does not cover everything, that would be too big. It does cover enough to score over 700. The difficulty level is spot on and sometimes a little tougher than the actual test, which is a very good thing.

How to use this book: First do every problem in the College Board study guide and make a list of the types of problems that you keep missing. Get tutoring, or look up lessons online, and learn or refresh the concepts of the problems you missed. Then go and do your weakest concepts in this book. Do not focus only on your strengths it is in doing the painful work on doing what you do not want to do that real improvement is achieved.
on January 1, 2013
By far the most comprehensive math test prep book. I've taught an SAT course in my high school for 16 years and have considered at least 7 other books. It includes strategies, lots of examples, and whole tests which are quite comparable to actual tests given by College Board. My students marvel at how many questions are almost identical to ones they find on the "real" test they take - the author is excellent at predicting just what students need to know, and then coaching them to understand just that!!
on February 5, 2013
Better by far than the Kaplan or Princeton study books, Barron's problems are very/most similar to the CB SAT actual problems. If Math is your weaker part of the SAT, which it is for my son, try adding this and having them study weekly.
We set up Saturday mornings for SAT review only and it went along way to helping to improve scores in math. Add in completing the SAT Question of the Day from CB, once a month doing all that months problems (takes less than an hour), then you are well on your way to an improved SAT score.

Update, Well it works , it my son's SAT Math score from 680 which is OK o a 750 in october 2013. Would suggest you can move of +60 points easily by using Barrons Math workbook, it worked for my senior
on October 20, 2015
I am a big fan of the Barron's books because they provide SO MUCH practice. I am a tutor, and it is way more convenient to have access to this book, than to find questions online or write them myself. The only downside is that some of the Barron's questions are WAY harder than the test, freaking out my students.
on March 30, 2015
My daughter aces the English questions on the SAT but struggles with math, so it's great to have a workbook that concentrates just on her problem area. It's also very helpful to have a book that really explains the answers. Barron's is a trusted authority, so that was just icing on the cake.
on January 4, 2015
This book was fantastic. I took the SAT in high school and scored a 500 on the Mathematics section. I later took the SAT during my first year of college, during which time I learned Mathematics topics covered on the SAT. I felt more prepared overall, but decided to get a workbook. I'm glad that I purchased this book. The problems in the workbook are slightly harder than those on the actual tests or practice tests in the Official SAT Study Guide. I took both practice tests in the workbook after successfully completing the entire text and scored 800 on both of them. I also own the Official SAT Study Guide, and scored close to 800 on all 10 of the available practice tests in the second edition. This book has been an absolute saving grace for me. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who is struggling with the Mathematics section of the SAT!
on July 23, 2013
I am a math teacher and I teach an optional after school or summer SAT math prep class. I have used this book every year so far (three years total) and love it. It covers every possible math topic. It breaks the concepts into small chunks and gives a wide variety of problem types. I would recommend this for a class or individual study.
on January 2, 2014
It might over prepare you and the content is pretty advanced but thorough. If you study very well with this, there is not reason why you shouldn't get close to a perfect on the math section.
on March 14, 2014
Bought this for our college bound teen. Plenty of practice problems that were relevant to the actual test. Highly recommend to other students looking for SAT prep guides.
on November 11, 2013
Great book for math prep for SAT. Nice to be able to carve out an area needing some work vs. the whole SAT prep. Very on point. Quick shipping, highly recommend!