Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on March 25, 2013
Nutritional yeast by itself does not contain vitamin B12, and it is not clear from the description whether this yeast has been fortified with B12. Here's a response from Barry Farms:

Here are the ingredients for the Nutri Yeast we carry.

Ing: Inactive Dried Yeast, Niacin(B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride(B6), Riboflavin(B2), Thiamine Hydrochloride(B1), Folic Acid(B9) and Cyanocobalamin(B12). All natural low heat dried nutritional yeast flakes are over 50% protein and are fortified with vitamins. They contain no additives of any kind other than the vitamins.
11 comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2008
I've been eating nutritional yeast or brewer's yeast on my popcorn for years and this brand has the perfect flavor and texture. It gives it that perfect, rich, almost cheesy flavor that I'm looking for.
on June 16, 2009
I wanted to try a recipe which called for Nutritional Yeast - something I had never heard of before. I did a little research to find out more about nutritional yeast and I was intrigued. It is very tasty. I sprinkle it on my fruit breakfast every morning. I have used it in soups, sprinkled on vegetables, on pasta. It adds a unique flavor, which I like very much. I have to trick my boyfriend into eating well and this is a great way to add Vitamin B12 to any dish.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2010
I've purchased several items from Barry Farm, and I have been impressed with the quality of their product, and the way they package it. I would highly recommend the products from this company. The only downside is they don't offer 'prime' shipping.
on June 9, 2014
I love making vegan macaroni and cheese with this product! It's also good sprinkled over spaghetti in place of parmesan cheese and sprinkled over fresh popcorn!

Of course it doesn't ACTUALLY taste like cheese, it's more of an alternative to cheese. It might even take you awhile to get used to the flavor, but when you do, you'll love it!

Tastes just as good as Bragg's. Actually, I can't even tell the difference.
on October 5, 2010
This is a good product. I've used it in several different recipes to increase the flavor and nutritional value. I couldn't find this where I live so glad to be able to order it.
on April 4, 2014
I've never had nutritional yeast before and I'm really glad I tried it. I don't find that it tastes cheesy like some people say but it's good for you and I would highly recommend this.
on December 20, 2012
I just got this today. I am trying to greatly increase my nutrition due to heath problems, and gave up meat because of the cruelty, which I simply cannot participate in. Put some in my drink and it tasted fine. Has a mild smell and taste. I also read that cats like it so put some out in a bowl; they loved it! I will order this again and continue to use it for the health benefits; may also sneak some into my husband and son's food, don't tell them!
on May 2, 2014
This yeast is tasty. It is just red star brand which is what every bulk-seller seems to sell these days. I was hoping to try a new brand, based on the picture it looks to be a different brand. The label on the bag I received says red star. It's ok though because it is very tasty as always.
on February 6, 2011
I can get this product in bulk from Wegman's for just a dollar more per lbs, but since this vendor has less expensive bulk Gluten and other vegan type products, it worth buying from here.