4.0 out of 5 stars My child was fascinated for hours
Published on May 14, 2007 by C. Ridings

1.0 out of 5 stars phoney 500 baseball cards
Before Xmas, I ordered a baseball card collector's box of over 500 cards for my grandson from Amazon. Amazon subcontracted the order to a firm known as " The General Store". My grandson recently opened the box (actually 2 boxes) of 500 cards. Here are some examples of what was in the 2 boxes:
--25 Mickey Tettleton cards;

--35 Joe Oliver cards;
--25 Ken Caminetti cards;
--20 Joey Meyer cards;
--15 Pat Kelly cards;
--15 Tim Naehring cards and so on and so forth.

Since I expected 5oo different cards, what I show above is a travesty and, what I consider, false advertising. Please take " The General Store" off your list of subcontractors!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money!, December 23, 2011
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
This product was a huge disaapointment. It was purchased for my 12 year old son who is an avid card collector. Not only were there no cards from the 50's, 60's or 70's (which were specifically mentioned in the description) but there were many duplicates. Doubles would be no big deal, but in some cases there were up to 21 of the same card! There was not a single card older than 1992. This was a total waste of money and I would not recommend it to anyone other than someone with a 5-10 year old who is looking to bulk up a collection quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Even 1 star is too much, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
I understand and accept that there will be some cards that are going to be repeated, but when you find 8-10 in one 'handful' and a few others that go 4-6 of several other cards, I think this is unforgiveable. Since this gift is going to a 9 y/o as part of his first collection, it doesn't set a very good example. What really 'set me off' was opening the US Postal box and finding the cards there....no separate container, just the cards laying there, a couple of them bent at the corners. I took some cards from my own collection and made up the difference, found an old container to put these cards in and he won't know the difference.....but I will and it will be a while before I order anything like this agin.......if at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
I ordered this for my grandson for Xmas, ther were alot of doubles @ triples, some had even four of the same card.I needed it for Xmas or I would have sent it back. I'm really disappointed in Amozon.

4.0 out of 5 stars My child was fascinated for hours, May 14, 2007
C. Ridings (Richboro, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
My 8 year old son loved this gift. He poured over the cards for hours, sorting them, pulling out his favorites, and putting them back in "special spots". Be aware that the box is full - you won't be able to put in any of your other cards you may have. Also the "collector" box is just a plain cardboard box - nothing fancy. This didn't matter to us, and it is a heavy, durable cardboard. The only downside to the gift was that some of the cards were duplicated in the box.

1.0 out of 5 stars Baseball Cards, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
I got 15 of the same card in this batch. They were in good shape, but there was a lot of repeats.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., February 8, 2011
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
This was the 2nd time I have ordered this box. Now the 1st time there was no option to write a review. Despite not recieving the 1 card from the 1950s or 2 from the 1960s as promised in the description and one of the main reasons I purchased this item, the 1st box had a decent amount of rookies and inserts including numbered cards. Although disapointed from no vintage cards the inserts and rookies I did gain, which were almost a 1/4 of the 1st box I felt made up for it.
As a avid collector of baseball cards I felt it was a good buy and I would get a another one. This time I got one as a birthday gift. Let's just say I am glad this time my money wasn't used to purchase the item, but instead a gift card. Out of over 500 cards I recieved only 13 were rookies or inserts. The rest were just mostly complete sets of cards from the late 80s with mostly no names. I will give credit where it is due, I did recieve my one card from the 50s and 2 from the 60s as promised in the description as long as being shipped in a penny case then a hard case, to which I was very happy about. However, the 5 cards from the 1970s were not the best condition. The corners showed signs of rounding and wear. Of those 5 cards from the 70s, one was a checklist. If your not a true collector or want some vintage cards then buy it. Otherwise unless you need a paperweight or some kindle for fires, I'd stay away. This item is a GAMBLE. Caveat Emptor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed but not a total loss, July 23, 2011
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
I received cards from the 80s and 90s, which of course was when cards were mass produced. This was expected. But what made me buy this box was the chance of having older cards from the 50s 60s and 70s which the box is described to have. I would have settled for a few cards in the 70's but did not receive any card older than 1986. Very disappointing. There were a couple of nice bonus cards added based on where I live I'm assuming and its appreciated but they are from 1994 and does not nearly make up for the absence of the promised bonus older cards. I knew there'd be a chance I wouldn't get any but I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky few who have written previous reviews and seem to have gotten a few of them. On the bright side it was only around 20 dollars including shipping and handling so I won't make a fuss about returning it for not being given what was offered. And as I most likely have the cards that were given to me in my collection already I will definitely not order this again and will not recommend it unless you are getting it for a child to start a collection like others have said. Just don't expect to get any cards older than the 80s.

2.0 out of 5 stars Storage Box?, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
The cards are a gift so I am not going to review them as I don't know much about them. I will say however that the listing is deceiving - it says " Packed in a 550-count storage box" so I assumed that the cards came in some sort of box. Instead they were just stuffed into USPS shipping box which I would think would not be the best way to handle something that could be collectible. Seeing the presentation has made me now start to question the quality and "realness" of the cards. A little disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards (Sports)
Trying to have my son start his first baseball card kit he loves them I will be ordering more soon.

Baseball Card Collector Box With Over 500 Cards