From the Back Cover
Based on criteria including lifetime stats, player durability and consistency; All-Star participation; MVP, Gold Glove, and Cy Young awards; individual statistical championships; personal and professional contributions to the game; sportsmanship; and election to the Hall of Fame, Baseball's Best 1,000
presents the greatest players of all time.
• Rankings of the greatest players of all time from 1 to 1,000
• Includes a player biography, photograph, lifetime statistics, teams played for, positions and years played, and other information for every player from 1 to 1,000.
• Includes Major League players as well as Negro League players in one definitive list.
• Spans the generations from the late 19th century to today.
• Special sections on the best Japanese players, the best women players, and the best "pre-historical" players from the time before statistics were available.
About the Author
Derek Gentile is a reporter for the Berkshire Eagle
and is the baseball historian for Berkshire County, Massachusetts. He is the author of Smooth Moves
and Baseball's Best 1,000
, both published by Black Dog & Leventhal. He lives in Great Barrington, Massachusetts.