Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 11, 2006 4:19:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 20, 2008 12:26:10 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2006 9:51:24 PM PDT
I too heard the interview. It is important for everyone--Christians and non-Christians alike, to hear and know this information. She is very well-spoken! If the book is anything like the interview, then it is a important book that willl also sell very well.
By the way, for the time being, the interview can be heard via the npr website: go to the "Programs and Schedules" drop-down box and chose "Fresh Air with Terry Gross", then "Christian Nationalism" (search if it's no longer on that day's page). StoryId= 5398604

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2006 3:14:57 AM PDT
Yes, I agree this this is an important book. For example, on the Fresh Air show the author discussed how research is showing that sexual abstinence education programs do not work. An Indiana congressman found out about a panel that was convening to talk about this and termed it not balanced because it did not have pro-abstinence advocates on the panel. So, people were added to the panel that were purported to be "experts" who advocated something not supported by research. The same kind of thing happens with respect to the subject of evolution vs. creationism. Critical thinking goes out the window. I do have faith, however, that Americans are waking up to this, though it will continue to take some time.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2006 6:11:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 12, 2006 6:12:29 AM PDT
Next, an Indiana rep will demand "experts" who claim the earth is flat and is the center of the solar system.

Paul Schumacher

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2006 8:35:39 AM PDT
So true. I saw another article somewhere not long ago where the HPV virus could be easily treated or prevented or something like that...but the Flat Earth types keep it from happening because they don't want to do anything that lessens the risks of sexual activity.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  May 11, 2006
Latest post:  May 18, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism
Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism by Michelle Goldberg (Hardcover - May 11, 2006)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (119)