Questions about the Catholic faith? Basic Catechism
Structured around the four pillars of the Catechism of the Catholic Church-Creed, Sacraments, Morality, and Prayer-this guide presents the fundamentals of the Catholic faith in a handy Q&A format. Whether you are looking to learn the faith, grow in your faith, or pass on the faith, you will find that this resource captures Catholic Church teaching in a concise and approachable way. Content covers all of your questions relating to the faith: Does God exist? How should a Catholic prepare for confirmation? Are the Beatitudes truly practical? Why do we not always obtain what we pray for?
First published in 1980, this 8th edition of a perennial best-seller is revised to reflect recent changes in the liturgy due to the new translation of the Mass and expanded to incorporate Church teaching on challenges facing the faithful Catholic in today's society.
Features & Benefits:
- Publication history of over thirty years
- Revisions and expansions incorporated into best-selling title
- Numerically references the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Presents content in a Q&A format
- Includes a section of basic prayers and guidelines for Christian living
- Defines terms and phrases
- Contains a topical index
- Features clip art-style illustrations of the liturgical vessels and vestments used at Mass
- References current societal issues including contraception, abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment, evolution, terrorism, pornography, same-sex marriage, and divorce