5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand!, June 10, 2010
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
I really did not expect to enjoy chemistry at all, let alone do well in the class. I'm half way into the book / class now and I'm really enjoying it and doing well. It's an online class so I owe almost all of this to my book. The authors are easy to understand and they explain concepts well, and their illustrations, diagrams and examples of how to work equations make it much easier for the concepts to "click" with me. The end of the book answers every other problem in the chapters, and they often explain why that is the answer, not just stating the answer. The end of the book / beginning of the book also contain an index, glossary, and tables that are helpful and colorcoded so they are easy to find. Some of the end of the chapter questions also test the theory you just learned, without pulling directly from examples in the chapter, which helps you process the information and test your knowledge. I definitely recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Deal, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Kindle Edition)
Renting this book was a lot better than purchasing through my university. blah, blah
Great deal, thanks for being resourceful!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOADED, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
This book was required for class. It has "LOTS" of information to be used during class and later as a reference!

5.0 out of 5 stars love the book, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
I particularly like this book from this authors as it is crystal clear in his explanation of topics. Shipped fast. I also got it at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Easy to Understand Textbook, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
Good to use for an Intro Chemistry Course in college (written in such a way that probably a high schooler can understand it).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, with omissions, August 24, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
While the text is thorough in most places, there are a few missing topics (that I can only assume were omitted due to being beyond the anticipated course expectations) that really shouldn't be missing.

Dipole moments are mentioned, but discussed very little, particularly with regard to what makes a molecule polar or nonpolar.

Oxidation reduction reactions are covered rather extensively in one of the chapters, yet there is no mention of oxidation states, oxidizing or reducing agents, or definitions of those terms.

4.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
The book came on time, was in great condition, and helped me out a lot in my class. As for the content, I won't review that because... well, it's a textbook!

4.0 out of 5 stars book, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
I was happy with the text it is what i needed it was in good condition and it works for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
Bought this book for my chemistry class. Received it in 3 days!! I've got to say this book is very easy to keep up with. You learn a lot from each chapter. I like all the little side notes they put in every page, helps you memorize terms and stuff.I highly recommend this book if you are learning chemistry for the first time.Basic Chemistry

5.0 out of 5 stars New Book, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Basic Chemistry (Paperback)
Brand new book was still in it's plastic wrap. It came within two days of placing the order.
I would purchase from them again.Thanks Amazon!

Basic Chemistry
Basic Chemistry by Steven S. Zumdahl (Paperback - January 1, 2010)
$208.95 $184.18