Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 26, 2012
For the person looking for an emergency fishing kit, this has all the essentials. Sadly, this is entirely too expensive for what you get. Rinse out an Altoids tin and raid your tackle box for these items (or ask your buddy who fishes if you can swipe some stuff from his/hers). There is maybe $3 worth of actual gear in this kit. If you were to go to Walmart and buy these items however, you'd probably pay about $20 and have significant excess, so I can see how some people might prefer this kit.

For the city-slicker, looking to flesh out their bug-out bag, this is a fair item. For most of the rest of us, this is way too much money for not very much content.
44 comments| 162 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 25, 2011
It could have contained a few more items in the extra space with minimum cost to the manufacturer. I used this as a kit to "build on". Added a few more hooks, small bobbin of about 20ft of kevlar thread, razor blade, folded 4"x4" piece of foil for adding "flash" to the bait. I put it in with my speed-hooks, and yo-yos for camping/survival fishing.
on February 21, 2014
There are better options.

This fishing kit had a bag of hooks all stuffed together. If you put this together in a bag of some sort, very good for survival kit, and a lot of other weight, bobber, and lure options. I literally got way more options than this kit offered, in about the same space, for less price. Also some of the hooks are already tied with fishing line, ready to be clasped. This minor stuff can really save time in an emergency situation, and in an emergency time can be everything.

Still, the items I used out of this kit were the round jig heads, bobbers, fly, salmon bait, and am planning on keeping the tin for something else. What I took from it not really worth the price, but the jig heads were painted with eyes and were not bad.

Can I recommend this to someone else? No. Am I unhappy with my purchase and looking for a refund? No.

If you want an already assembled BARE MINIMUM emergency survival kit that takes up the space of a tin, and requires no effort on your part, buy this.

If you want an emergency survival kit that is slightly larger but will be a little more forgiving, have enough supplies to last more than a few days, and not rattle, buy a bar minimum tackle kit, and some fishing line, and a storage bag of your choosing.
on September 11, 2013
I should have listened to the other reviewers since the items inside could have been collated together with some time and effort expended. It's assumed that the user has some experience fishing as there are'nt any instructions included, and what's inside are really very basic items. The 50 ft. fishing line supplied is limited to 12lbs. and as an afterthought, could be augmented by a more stronger line as you'd hate to be in a REAL survival situation where the fish took the bait & your line broke.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2011
Just what you need in a pinch and nice and small. Although if I had payed attention to the shipping cost that was one dollar less than the cost of the item, I would have put my own together with an Altoids box.
on February 2, 2014
The kit cam in a zip lock bag. NO neat little tin like you see in the picture. What a rip off.
on January 13, 2014
If you're looking, like I was, for a simple kit to throw in a bag for emergency use that has the basics required to make an attempt at catching fish, this kit covers your bases. It is however pretty skimpy and if you know any avid fishermen that have extra tackle, you could build a much better kit using their stuff. I think I am the most disappointed with the 12lb line. Not that I expect to go deep sea fishing or anything, but that seems pretty weak if I find myself in an emergency I may have to try to shoo away any decent size fish for fear that they will break the line.

Bottom line, if you don't have ANY tackle and don't know anyone with tackle and you want to have the basics of a simple fishing setup for emergency use, this is decent. If you have friends, family, or co-workers that fish a lot, offer to pay them $10 - $15 bucks to put together something similar for you and put it in a small tin and call it good. You will almost certainly end up with better quality materials and a wider variety of tools to use. And if you are in an emergency, trying to feed yourself by catching fish you want to have the best gear possible!
on July 24, 2014
Its very pathetic. I could have built a much better one myself.
I have been a Survivor since day 1 and when I left the ARMY I lived next to the Delaware River.
I was asked so many times questions on wilderness so I opened up Wilderness Elite Wilderness Training.
I started showing my students how you can stay alive with trash people leave in the woods.
I only added 2 things to this kit.
A tiny mirror I cut from a broken piece and flint for starting fires.
Also to boil water.
This little kit was thought out well for fishing.
Like any other survival gear,just use your imagination and stuff it with what you feel you may need.
This is like a mini fishing box and all you need for a meal is in that box.
When doing SAR,I found several people who were lost but survived catching fish with a few hooks they had but this fishing survival kit as it all.
Remember,He who fails to prepare for the night fails to be prepared for the day
BOB AF2DX

Wilderness Elite Survival Training/
Search and Rescue/
Severe weather-Swift water Pet Rescue
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2014
Best survival fishing kit I've found for the combo of content and cost. Well thought out and even costs a bit cheaper than putting a kit together yourself. I keep this in my survival gear and carry it with me when hiking or on outdoor adventures.