Industrial-Sized Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: HardcoverChange

on January 1, 2005
I'm currently working through it, and am finding it really good. The approach is to present geometry as an ideal axiomatic system and show how all statements flow logically from others. Although all books on geometry are supposed to do this, it's not always presented as clearly as it should be.

I feel I'm getting what I need from this book. The other book I tried was the Jurgenson text, which is a standard high school textbook, but I found it to be somewhat childish and unfocused. This book is written in a more mature and serious style, and gets right down to it. Although I'm not that far into it yet, so far it seems very good for someone interested in introducing themselves to the logically systematic groundwork of mathematics, geometry, or, as in my case, both.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Customers who viewed this also viewed
Algebra by I. M. Gelʹfand (Paperback - July 9, 2003)

Algebra and Trigonometry (2nd Edition)
Algebra and Trigonometry (2nd Edition) by Judith A. Beecher (Hardcover - April 16, 2004)

Elementary Euclidean Geometry: An Undergraduate Introduction
Elementary Euclidean Geometry: An Undergraduate Introduction by Christopher G. Gibson (Hardcover - April 5, 2004)