Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 26, 2013
Bottom line: great value.
That said, the sizing seems to be European (not that there's anything wrong over there!).
I wear men's small in most things, medium in boxers. This fit is not as generous as some other bike shorts I have -- also made in Europe.
Not strangulation, mind you, but a bit tighter than a mature chap may prefer.
However, the padding is more than adequate and strategic.
Probably the large would be around my knees, but some guys taller than I (5'8") may want to go up a size..
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
These shorts are amongst the most comfortable I've owned in 25 years of cycling. As others have pointed out, the amount of padding is "just right" and in the right places. I prefer these over my Cannondale and Specialized shorts costing 3-4 times as much.
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2014
I ordered the size of Large because the instructions told me that would fit my waist size (32-34). When I tried them on, I found them to be much too small, especially in the thighs. So, I gave them to my teenage son and ordered an XL pair for myself. Those seem to fit much better and I do like them. So, if you are getting these shorts, consider buying them a size larger than you would have thought.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
My husband is big clydesdale - waist size 44" and these fit in 3XL. He says that the padding is in the right place and not too "bunchy". They washed easily and dried quickly. I am ordering more today.
on November 22, 2013
I compared this Aero Tech to the "Baleaf 3D Padded Coolmax" during multiple rides.

The Baleaf might be good for "comfort bikers" who want more padding than a standard bike short.

But for rough mountain mountain biking on trails, where your butt is moving around on the saddle and being placed in front and behind for different conditions, this Aero Tech is far superior. The Baleaf definitely rides up if you move around, whereas the Aero Tech has rubber grip areas on the legs that keep it in place.

I was really amazed the first time I did a rough ride with the Aero Tech. It did not move a bit and the padding was just right. I did not realize that a cycling short could be this comfortable.

My waist is 36 and XL is a good size for this product.
33 comments24 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
I'd normally wear a medium, but ordered a large based on other comments about the sizing. And sure enough, the large size is about right for me. Not having used them much yet it's difficult to comment on the durability and so forth, but they look well made.
on March 14, 2013
These are very comfortable and fit just like I had imagined. They are not to tight and have enough padding. They have saved hours of pain.
on May 23, 2013
They fit just right, with just the right amount of padding! Great for mountain or road bike riding. I would recommend this product.
on February 2, 2014
These shorts are decent quality, and run a little small (I usually wear a medium, ordered a large based on other reviews).
They're my first biking shorts, I wanted to go with something "affordable" to make sure they're something that works for me.
The good part is: The padding works well, much improved comfort on the seat, and the shorts material is great for not riding up/binding on the legs.
The bad is: The chamois is super long front to back. It's so long that if I have the rear padding between my rear and the seat, the front side curls up and pinches/bunches up. This requires... ahem... adjusting the chamois back into position pretty much anytime I break contact with the seat to stand on the pedals, get light in the seat, etc.
These accomplished my goal of wanting to know if shorts would work for me, I'll be heading out to buy a better/more expensive pair that has less padding where it's not needed.
on July 1, 2014
Well, I did it - Finally bought the mountain bike of my dreams. But, what good is a $4,000 bike if you're still wearing crummy cargo shorts and hanes beefy-T's, right?

I'm normally not a "compression wear" type of guy, but I've been feeling more confident lately and took the plunge on these shorts. I ordered an XL thinking that would at least give me some breathing room, but when I tried them on they were very tight.

I used them anyway, thinking they just need a break in period, and voila! On my first ride I felt an almost immediate break in - great flexibility, great ventilation, my "beak" was very happy.

Until...

I got home and my youngest son pointed out a massive rip in the front area! Guess that's what was providing all the ventilation :)

I must have ridden around town for 7-8 miles with my beak flopping around in the wind. Thank goodness not too many people saw me and my tip didn't get caught in the chain or shifter cables. I'm not saying I'm necessarily huge down there, but, as my son told me, I have a "Chode" (not 100% certain what that means, but my wife thinks it's slang for "well-endowed")

All in all, not such a bad experience, but definitely get a size bigger than you think you need!
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse