5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Informational and Fun to Read!, October 19, 2009
Alix Kolar (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 (Paperback)
This book came as a real surprise to me. I'm not a huge basketball stats junkie, but I soon found out quickly that you don't have to be to enjoy this book. For any fan of NBA basketball this is an essential read. It has detailed commentary on every player in the league, which are not only insightful and informational but also very interesting to read!

My favorite team, the LA Lakers are covered in such detail, that I learned new things about players I've been watching for years. I really like the projected stats for players for the upcoming NBA season. It's really interesting to see which players are going to have breakout seasons and which players are going to decline.

There is also some good stuff I've used for my fantasy draft. There is a round by round draft order that helped me draft well after the first four rounds.

Basically, as a fan of basketball this books sheds light beyond what we see on the court and does so in a fun and enjoyable fashion. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Next Episode, October 20, 2009
David Sykes (Atlanta, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 (Paperback)
Doolittle and Pelton capture the thrills and frills of the upcoming pro-basketball season in this soon-to-be classic, Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-2010. Basketball Prospectus serves as a meaningful guide for both the avid fan and the novice. Pelton, a pioneer in the usage of APBR metrics in professional basketball, uses expert analysis to assess the viability for success of each franchise. Alongside the statistics is an upbeat narrative giving the reader an inside-look into the league. The book uses both trends, expert opinion and a keen knowledge of team personnel to forecast success.

Basketball Prospectus is a must-read for industry-insiders, sports writers, avid fans and those wanting to learn more about the promise and excitement of this year's pro-basketball season.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a fun read., July 31, 2010
This review is from: Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 (Paperback)
I like this book wery mutch. This is a book about stats and i like that but i would have like evenmore stats like the players avg in PTS,reb,ast,blk and so on to be somwer in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every NBA fan, October 28, 2009
This review is from: Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 (Paperback)
An informative, well-written, all-encompassing book that gives you every angle of every NBA team and player. A must read for any NBA fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 8, 2015
This review is from: Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 (Paperback)
Great book - prompt shipping!

Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10
Pro Basketball Prospectus 2009-10 by Kevin Pelton (Paperback - October 14, 2009)
$12.95 $10.88