5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource book for coaches
I have come to realize after years of coaching one of the problems my teams had was executing under pressure. While all but one of my teams have had winning seasons, we have always struggled to win the "big one." I realized it was because we did not execute fundamentals against the really good teams and that was my fault.

So I have been working on becoming a...
Published on July 7, 2011 by Red

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
good
Published 2 days ago by Marco Marchetta

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource book for coaches, July 7, 2011
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)

So I have been working on becoming a better practice coach and better at teaching fundamentals. This book is a great source for learning all the basic skills of basketball and how to teach these skills. I wish I had gotten this book years ago.

It has potos, diagrams, etc that really help in the process of learning what you are supposed to teach, why the skill is done the way it is when done correctly and how to teach the skill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching book, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
Book is great for explaining basketball terms and strategies, as well as drills. It is easy to read, simple to understand, and effective at teaching basketball from inexperienced to college level.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!!!!, March 4, 2012
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
great book!! I've been coaching youth b-ball almost 20 years and I've learned a great deal about fundamentals!! Excellent explanations, great photos, DVD. Coaches and players could learn from this book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice DVD, April 15, 2014
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
I like this dvd, it is more for a serious player. The drills are a bit boring for younger players. My 13 year old daughter lost interest because of it. I think a high school player who is really serious about developing their game would get a lot out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jerry Krause is the coach who mentored Don Meyer on teaching fundamentals!, October 7, 2009
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
I had the distinct privilege of working for coaching legend Don Meyer for 16 GREAT summers at his Bison Basketball Camp when he was the coach at Lipscomb University. I got to meet Jerry Krause, the coach who mentored Coach Meyer on teaching fundamentals. Meyer is a master teacher of the basics of the game, but he learned a lot of it from the author of this book,Coach Krause.

This book is a great tool for beginning coaches, youth coaches and recreational coaches who want to teach more than a play or two and how to run a zone defense.

It is also a great reference for the serious high school coach who really wants to master teaching the essential fundamentals of the game of basketball. If the skill and how to teach it cannot be found in this book, it is not worth knowing about.

Kevin Sivils - author of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball
Game Strategies and Tactics for Basketball: Bench Coaching for Success

5.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentals taught by the book!!, August 27, 2008
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
Jerry Krause and Don Meyer really bring home how to teach fundamentals of basketball through progression. They break down defensive stance, passing, cutting, screening, and more like I've never seen before. The DVD brings any confusion to a halt by explaining drills and the exact sequence needed for players to fully understand how to play the game of basketball. This book/DVD combination is a must have for all coaches!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good instructional book and cd for any age., July 22, 2010
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
I would highly recommend for any basketball coach at any level. I have been playing basketball for 30 years and found several new techniques, ideas and concepts in this book. Very well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars great learning tool, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
I bought this book for a young coaching friend of mine. he loved it. this is the best book I have ever read in regard to the teaching of fundamentals.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great complement to any basketball coach, May 26, 2014
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
some drills repeat , some are explained differently, in the end, these will be as effective as other drills if applied regularly to build coordination and confidence and a winning team

5.0 out of 5 stars must have!!!!!!!!!!!!, May 1, 2014
This review is from: Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition (Paperback)
Great book and the bonus dvd is worth it alone.
Is good to have visual to more clearly understand some of the things covered in the book

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition
Basketball Skills & Drills - 3rd Edition by Jerry Krause (Paperback - August 29, 2007)
$24.95 $14.16