Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: PaperbackChange

on July 7, 2011
I have come to realize after years of coaching one of the problems my teams had was executing under pressure. While all but one of my teams have had winning seasons, we have always struggled to win the "big one." I realized it was because we did not execute fundamentals against the really good teams and that was my fault.

So I have been working on becoming a better practice coach and better at teaching fundamentals. This book is a great source for learning all the basic skills of basketball and how to teach these skills. I wish I had gotten this book years ago.

It has potos, diagrams, etc that really help in the process of learning what you are supposed to teach, why the skill is done the way it is when done correctly and how to teach the skill.
on April 15, 2014
I like this dvd, it is more for a serious player. The drills are a bit boring for younger players. My 13 year old daughter lost interest because of it. I think a high school player who is really serious about developing their game would get a lot out of it.
on March 4, 2012
great book!! I've been coaching youth b-ball almost 20 years and I've learned a great deal about fundamentals!! Excellent explanations, great photos, DVD. Coaches and players could learn from this book!!
on August 27, 2008
Jerry Krause and Don Meyer really bring home how to teach fundamentals of basketball through progression. They break down defensive stance, passing, cutting, screening, and more like I've never seen before. The DVD brings any confusion to a halt by explaining drills and the exact sequence needed for players to fully understand how to play the game of basketball. This book/DVD combination is a must have for all coaches!!
on July 22, 2010
I would highly recommend for any basketball coach at any level. I have been playing basketball for 30 years and found several new techniques, ideas and concepts in this book. Very well done.
on February 13, 2013
Book is great for explaining basketball terms and strategies, as well as drills. It is easy to read, simple to understand, and effective at teaching basketball from inexperienced to college level.
on July 4, 2013
I bought this book for a young coaching friend of mine. he loved it. this is the best book I have ever read in regard to the teaching of fundamentals.
I had the distinct privilege of working for coaching legend Don Meyer for 16 GREAT summers at his Bison Basketball Camp when he was the coach at Lipscomb University. I got to meet Jerry Krause, the coach who mentored Coach Meyer on teaching fundamentals. Meyer is a master teacher of the basics of the game, but he learned a lot of it from the author of this book,Coach Krause.

This book is a great tool for beginning coaches, youth coaches and recreational coaches who want to teach more than a play or two and how to run a zone defense.

It is also a great reference for the serious high school coach who really wants to master teaching the essential fundamentals of the game of basketball. If the skill and how to teach it cannot be found in this book, it is not worth knowing about.

Kevin Sivils - author of Game Strategy and Tactics for Basketball
Game Strategies and Tactics for Basketball: Bench Coaching for Success
on January 28, 2014
This book has a lot of great drills to help someone (or a team) improve basketball skills. My favorite part of this purchase, however, is the included DVD. The DVD allows a coach to see exactly how some of these drills should look on the practice court. Diagrams in a book don't always do a drill justice...the DVD makes that happen.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2016
I really enjoyed reading this book. I had no working knowledge of how to play basketball until I became learned the technical terms from this book. It inspired me to learn how to play.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse