Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on February 8, 2013
These are very classy looking, high-quality shoes. They seem to be well-built and are comfortable. There is a small name patch on the bottom of the sole, and while it looks cool, no one will ever know it's there but you. However, these shoes seem to have a design flaw, in that the heels are, first, made of a somewhat spongy material, and secondly, (and worse) there are several grooves that run across the heel that love to trap pebbles of every size! It never fails that I get at least one pebble that lodges in one of the grooves and it stays there tightly until I am able to remove it. It doesn't matter if the pebble is 1/8" or 3/8" it will get trapped in one of the grooves. I can see where it might be a real problem if you go from outside to inside where you have a hardwood floor. The heel should be redesigned. Otherwise, it is a very nice shoe that never goes out of style.
22 comments30 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2014
Have owned many Bass products in the past, all high quality. These shoes are nowhere close. The "Bass" label on the bottom looks sewn on and as soon as you pull out the liner that says "Bass" from inside, you can see the soles are not made by the same company.

Very disappointed in how this product is represented and the very poor quality of it upon arrival.
22 comments28 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2014
The shoes came promptly in the mail. When I received them I didn't care for the shoes at all. They look good in the photos and In person. The problem is that they are cheaply made. When you wear them you can instantly feel them stretch causing you to feel like there about to slip off your feet during every step. I wear a size 13 and that's what I ordered. I wouldn't advise buying.
22 comments21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 12, 2015
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT! Having been a Bass loyalist for over three decades, this product is crap. After wearing it to the office for one month, it disintegrated. the upper sole detached from the lower.
review image
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 7, 2014
Shoe wore out very quickly, seams came apart and frayed, heel wore down very quickly in comparison to other shoes I have.
on July 16, 2013
Incredibly versatile shoe, goes with almost everything. Very comfortable and durable. Don't get it wet. I've had this shoe for over a year (this is my 2nd pair) and it still looks good even if it's all beat up and scuffed. Fits as expected.
on April 1, 2015
I bought a total of 4 different Bass Men's Buckingham Oxfords: Tan, Taupe, Petrol Blue and Hummus. I ordered the hummus only because I saw it was on sale for around $35 dollars and, considering how amazing the previous pairs were, I had no doubt the latter would be as perfect. As I suspected, the look and feel of the material of all are amazing; however, size wise, the hummus differs from the others.
When I ordered the Tan and Taupe oxfords I tested a variety of other sizes such as the 8.5 and the 9.5. After receiving them, I realized that they were all the same size. My suspicions were confirmed with the Petrol Blue oxfords. Thus, I ordered the Hummus size 9 without any backups; however, when it arrived, it was noticeably smaller than the other three. Even so, I attempted to wear them after heavily adjusting the laces but it still proved too painful. Even though I would like to replace them, it seems that option is unavailable.
on November 4, 2015
I would give these GH Bass Suede Buckingham Oxfords a zero star rating but it wasn't possible. The suede is more like cheap velvet and scuffs very easily. Right after the warranty expired the inner heel piece snapped off a metal brace holding it in place. I called GH Bass, but they would not stand behind their product, and said there was nothing they could do for me. These shoes were not inexpensive, but are constructed very cheaply. They obviously do not care about their customers,so I am leaving this review to warn others from being ripped off. Save your money and look elsewhere! Buyer beware!!,
review image review image
on May 30, 2013
No shoe offers the classic summertime fashion style better than white bucks. Bringing cool to all my summertime events! Thank you Amazon for always coming through, for all shopping needs.
on September 17, 2014
My husband has two other pairs of Bass oxfords, both 10.5 M - this one is smaller and narrower. Had to return. VERY disappointed!
11 comment4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse