Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports STEM

on June 19, 2012
I love the "Bass Guitar for Dummie" its as easy as 123! Very clearly written, and I love the humor too :) I've been using it for a week now, and I'm loving it. Very easy to follow. I recommend it for beginners, because I'm a beginner myself, and it's very easy! Love it!
on June 8, 2012
After playing bass for about 35 years, my oldest son decided that buying me "Bass Guitar for Dummies" would be a hilarious "gag" gift for my 50th birthday. Wow, is all I could say after running through some of the beginning chapters. This is a book I refer to on a weekly basis (and I've had it for 3 years). I was a pretty good bassist but my playing has definitely improved since receiving this book. Thanks to my son...by the way, he's using it now too!
on May 10, 2013
This book is my guidebook and companion on my journey into bass-dom. I bought the paperback, but refer to the book so frequently that I just had to have on Kindle too. The author is generous, talented and funny. In reading this book, it more like a strolling along with one's best friend and talking bass rather than a dry "How-to" manual. Patrick's wit is only matched by his mastery and teaching. For the best experience, read and listen to the tracks. Wiley has made the tracks available for free for those who bought the eBook versions. The companion book "Bass Guitar Exercises" dovetails perfectly with this book. Same humor, same expertise with exercises for just about anything you want to conqueror. I have several instruction book, this is the one that I always come back to.
on November 16, 2011
If you really want to get up and running on bass in a hurry this book is for you. I'm a keyboard guy who reads music, so all of that timing and theory stuff came pretty quick. I just needed the grooves and the fingering to establish some muscle memory, and it's off to the races. Alot of the other lesson books start in kindergarten, and don't progress all that fast. But if that's where you are, then maybe that's OK. But for folks with a some music background, buy this, work at it every day, and it's lift off. In this case, the Dummies title is really misleading. It's OK for folks starting at ground zero, but fantastic for those who know a bit of music.
on January 29, 2010
This book is a must have! If there was a dictionary for electric bass, this would be it. I would suggest this book to Teachers, Students, and Pro's as the guide to GREAT bass playing. I would also recommend this to the Guitar Player who has to take the bass players role. This book has great information about Groove, Tone, Style and the intricacies of creating a bass line. Bravo!!!!
on May 14, 2013
I bought the first edition a few years back after playing for about 2 years. This book was instrumental in expanding my knowledge and physical skills. I'd say its a must have for beginners. I bought Pfeifers book of exercises too. I still reference this book today. The workbook references the 2nd addition so I bought that to see what he updated and to be able to use the two in conjunction. The CD really helps you hear what the exercises are suppose to sound like.
on May 9, 2011
I played Bass Guitar for many years with a band and enjoyed every minute of it. Being self-taught never seemed to be a detriment but now in my retired years I thought it might be fun to learn the right way. Well, turns out that I wasn't so very far off the mark but I have still enjoyed getting the background in theory and correct fingering that I missed. This book is clear and simple and I recommend it to Bass players just starting out and to those of us who should probably be ashamed of ourselves for playing incorrectly....but aren't!
on April 29, 2013
Well written, informative, instructive albeit a tad corny. After I had read the reviews on bass guitar instruction books as chose this one and was not at all disappointed. I find it to be written in such a fashion as to help build a strong foundation for playing the bass guitar. The accompanying CD puts the printed notes to life which helps both with rhythm and timing of notes and rests. I would recommend this as a good place to start learning with...
on July 24, 2012
I bought this for my fiancee who had no previous experience reading music. He says it is easy to follow and has been very helpful to him! Pretty soon our place will be rocking and rolling with his music!!!
on February 18, 2015
This book is pretty decent. I bought it after 17 years of playing. You heard correct. I never actually learned the "Music" behind what I was doing. Over time I caught on to a lot, and I have reached the point of being an extremely in the pocket/tight player, that can play most things by ear. I didn't really learn as much as I thought I would, but it did help a bit. I could see it being perfect for a brand new player. Don't be embarrassed to buy it, if you're a seasoned musician.