5.0 out of 5 stars Love this sandal
Published on July 28, 2010 by D. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars These Sandals Broke the First Time I Wore Them
I wore these sandals and they broke apart the first day I wore them after only about 2 hours of use. The pin or rivet holding 2 pieces of leather together broke and the sandal was useless. I am surprised such a well known shoe maker would produce such a poor product.
Published on April 7, 2012 by drex

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this sandal, July 28, 2010
I had been searching for this sandal ever since the old pair I had bought many years ago, finally wore out, the soles had been worn down, and still I couldn't seem to part with them. Then I figured if any where has it, it would be Amazon.com. Low and behold they sure did. This sandal is extremely comfortable, with a soft padded insole, and a great outer sole. They fit terrific, so comfy to wear all day long, I love them so much I bought two pairs. If your looking for a great casual sandal, this is it.

1.0 out of 5 stars These Sandals Broke the First Time I Wore Them, April 7, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if they didn't "hiss", May 4, 2012
This review is from: Bass Women's Joanne Sandal (Apparel)
What's up with the air in and out noises when walking in these?? They look great and I really want to wear them on my island vacation coming up but am hesitant to keep them because of the "whoosh" and "suck" sound they make when walking in them. Really annoyed and bummed out, because I really want to keep and wear these!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One in a million, March 26, 2013
I have very special feet that need a very special shoe. My feet are narrow and sensitive to the surface they touch. I looked through hundreds of shoes to find these, and they are perfect. The footbed is soft - no stitching or advertising patches to irritate my feet. The front top of the shoe is adjustable, great because each foot is a different size of narrow. The leather is soft, I put them on and spent the whole day at work without any rubbing or blisters. I plan on buying more colors. My new favorite shoe!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great find, July 16, 2010
This review is from: Bass Women's Joanne Sandal (Apparel)
I have short but very wide feet. Sometimes I feel like a duck, LOL. I wear a six or seven, depending on the shoe. In athletic shoes, I wear a quadruple wide, and in dressier styles I wear a double wide because that's the widest that anything cute comes in.
Anyway, I've been wanting a good, comfortable pair of sandals that don't look like something you'd see in nursing home for years. And so I was ecstatic to find this pair of sandals--cute, summery, and most important, comes in my size! And the color/size combination I wanted was on sale, too! I ordered this in a black 6 WW. They were very comfortable right out of the box. The arch support is pretty good for a fashion sandal. I have weird archches, but these support them fairly well. They are the perfect width for me, any looser and they'd fall off, any narrower and they'd rub. The ankle strap buckles comfortably even at the end of the day, which is another huge plus because my ankles are thick to begin with and when I've been on my feet a lot they swell. But these shoes have nice long ankle straps.
There's only one problem. Either they run large or my feet are smaller than I had thought, because a size six in these is about 3/4 inch longer than my foot. But I have no plans of returning them. I'm willing to put up with the extra 3/4 inch in front of my toes because everything else about these shoes is so great.
I would recommend these for anyone because the size range is so big, but would especially recommend them for any woman who struggles to find cute shoes for her wide feet!

3.0 out of 5 stars air sound when walking, June 17, 2011
Amazon Customer (ARLINGTON, TX, US) - See all my reviews
I really like the sandals - they are very comfortable and look great. The only problem is an air escaping noise from the sandal when I walk. I thought that after wearing them a few times this would go away but it hasn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars another defective?, July 18, 2012
These sandals are comfortable, but they make a whoosh sound when you walk from air pushing out the sole. Also I only wore them 4-5 times before the part below the buckle tore apart right at the insertion to the sole. They were clearly defective. I was going to order them again but then I saw someone else had a defective pair. I have had a pair of other bass sandals I wore for years. Maybe they have switched manufacturers or something or downgraded materials?

1.0 out of 5 stars Shocked that this is Bass., June 5, 2012
These sandals were terrible! I'm so surprised because they are Bass who is usually an excellent company. The first thing horrible, was they made annoying squishing sounds every step you took. If that wasn't bad enough, after wearing them for only one day, the ankle strap split in half, and not at a sewable seam, right down the middle across my instep! Very poorly made. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars noise, May 25, 2012
making awful noise when walking, though look quite nice,and the quality is not bad but it's impossible to walk in this sandals because of the air sounding when walking, can't do anything about it

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, April 21, 2012
These sandals are very attractive and comfortable. However, they make a sound that sounds like air is being released when walking. I am going to try to cut a little slit in the insoles to see if that helps. They are very pretty and can be worn to work.

Bass Women's Joanne Sandal