5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual dress shoe for all occasions
Published on October 15, 2010 by W. Bucher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size
This shoe seems to be longer than other brands we have purchased. The eee is great but it seems that this shoe is quite a bit longer than others in the same size. I am sure we will love it once we find the correct size.
Published on January 25, 2011 by Robin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual dress shoe for all occasions, October 15, 2010
W. Bucher (Salisbury, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Since the Bass shoes I usually buy are not easily found locally (Salisbury, NC) I usually have to travel to find a seller that not only has a decent selection, but my size (13D). Just got my first pair online and this is the review. Not every Bass shoe line has a 13D, but this one does. This Bass "Larson" is one of several relatively inexpensive Bass "Weejun" style loafers that typically fit comfortably and wear extremely well. The open footwell easily accommodates a larger foot without being so open that the shoe falls off the foot. The Burgundy (cordovan) color is very versatile and the high quality leather buffs easily to a lasting shine with little effort. I just had another pair of these resoled after a year because they are my favorite work shoes and the uppers still look great. Many less expensive shoes have rubber bottoms which are arguably quieter walking down an office hallway, but I've found that they wear out faster than the leather soles on the Weejuns. I've tried others but I keep coming back for the comfort, wear and reliability of the Bass Weejun brand.

The only con I know of is that prices appear to have gone up in the last several years. I used to get mine for about $65/pair at an outlet in the mountains, but I don't travel that way anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size, January 25, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style and Great Fit, January 20, 2013
You can't go wrong with these classic shoes that are well made and built to last. This is my 2nd pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, buy two pairs!, November 25, 2013
Liked this shoe so much I bought another pair in another color. Very high quality all leather shoe that even smells good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, October 19, 2013
I've worn Bass loafers for as long as I can remember. Great shoe for casual work and weekends. The fit is true, never had any surprises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, but..., September 15, 2013
Good fit. However, width is a little tight. Still love the look of the shoes. I would recommend them to a friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong sizing on Larson Bass shoes, May 8, 2014
This is the second time I have ordered a pair of Bass mens Loafers in 9.5 D as my husband has 4 existing pairs in that size, but each time the shoes are too small. either these are not real Bass or the manufacturer should be ashamed for producing wrong sizes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fit around the heel is very loose. First time I've encountered this in a shoe. I really should return this purchase., January 10, 2013
Very loose heel fit. I should return this purchase. These were not worn, but box was opened. Still, it was a well-made product. Unfortunately the size just wasn't for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sized too small and narrow, September 27, 2013
The Bass shoes were very good and the size was always corect, I order a pair my size, 11.5 M and they happem to be too samall in tjis moment based how they are sizes I would need at least size 12 and maybe M so if you buy a Bass shoe, be carefull with the size

1.0 out of 5 stars :-( was way to big, February 9, 2014
Just Me "Just Me" (Indianapolis, IN USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered the size I normally wear in shoes and these were way to big. I tried them on with dress socks and they kept falling down off the heal of my foot and my feet were both slipping as I walked 4 steps, returned for a full refund.

Bass Men's Larson Penny Loafer