5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual dress shoe for all occasions
Published on October 15, 2010 by W. Bucher

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size
This shoe seems to be longer than other brands we have purchased. The eee is great but it seems that this shoe is quite a bit longer than others in the same size. I am sure we will love it once we find the correct size.
Published on January 25, 2011 by Robin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great casual dress shoe for all occasions, October 15, 2010
W. Bucher (Salisbury, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Since the Bass shoes I usually buy are not easily found locally (Salisbury, NC) I usually have to travel to find a seller that not only has a decent selection, but my size (13D). Just got my first pair online and this is the review. Not every Bass shoe line has a 13D, but this one does. This Bass "Larson" is one of several relatively inexpensive Bass "Weejun" style loafers that typically fit comfortably and wear extremely well. The open footwell easily accommodates a larger foot without being so open that the shoe falls off the foot. The Burgundy (cordovan) color is very versatile and the high quality leather buffs easily to a lasting shine with little effort. I just had another pair of these resoled after a year because they are my favorite work shoes and the uppers still look great. Many less expensive shoes have rubber bottoms which are arguably quieter walking down an office hallway, but I've found that they wear out faster than the leather soles on the Weejuns. I've tried others but I keep coming back for the comfort, wear and reliability of the Bass Weejun brand.

The only con I know of is that prices appear to have gone up in the last several years. I used to get mine for about $65/pair at an outlet in the mountains, but I don't travel that way anymore.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not true to size, January 25, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style and Great Fit, January 20, 2013
You can't go wrong with these classic shoes that are well made and built to last. This is my 2nd pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoe, buy two pairs!, November 25, 2013
Liked this shoe so much I bought another pair in another color. Very high quality all leather shoe that even smells good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, October 19, 2013
I've worn Bass loafers for as long as I can remember. Great shoe for casual work and weekends. The fit is true, never had any surprises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes, but..., September 15, 2013
Good fit. However, width is a little tight. Still love the look of the shoes. I would recommend them to a friend.

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong sizing on Larson Bass shoes, May 8, 2014
This is the second time I have ordered a pair of Bass mens Loafers in 9.5 D as my husband has 4 existing pairs in that size, but each time the shoes are too small. either these are not real Bass or the manufacturer should be ashamed for producing wrong sizes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Fit around the heel is very loose. First time I've encountered this in a shoe. I really should return this purchase., January 10, 2013
Very loose heel fit. I should return this purchase. These were not worn, but box was opened. Still, it was a well-made product. Unfortunately the size just wasn't for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars too long, too narrow, September 15, 2014
This review is from: Bass Men's Larson Penny Loafer (Apparel)
I have had a 8.5 3E burgundy Larson and it was too narrow in the toe box. Since I need a pair of black, I went and ordered a 9.0 3E thinking it might be proportionately wider. Well, it is still not wide enough and they definitely look long. I think the manufacturer needs to adjust the length-to-width ratio and make the toe box a little rounder/roomier and shorten the length a bit. To address the heel slipping problem, I would suggest lowering the profile of the tongue a little to stop the foot from slipping forward as you walk. Once the foot is kept in the rear part of the foot bed, the shoe would bend at proper line as you walk and the heel would then stay with your foot. For my current new shoes, I put in tongue pads to make the shoes work for me. Enough reviewers have been pointing out too long and too narrow and wondering why wouldn't the manufacturer do something about it? btw, I got this pair of black from Amazon for ~$65, way too cheap, cheaper than my tennis shoes and they do look plastic like and leather is thin. I would like the manufacturer to up my price but put in some quality.

2.0 out of 5 stars Improper sizing, September 8, 2014
This pair of shoes looks nice and vintage but very disappointed with the QA who are unable to improve the sizing issue.

I'm fit to size 8M or 82E. Based on the feedback, I ordered size 8.5 D black for the last couple of week. Arrived 10 days later and quite frustrated with the size which i had difficulties putting in my foot. The length and width are terribly tight. Because i like the shoes decided to order another pair and common sense will tell for the next size meaning 9EEE. Arrived 8 days later and worst, its like size 10EEE very big. I don't really understand what's wrong with the QA over there.

Halim Darus (Singapore)