Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 15, 2010
Since the Bass shoes I usually buy are not easily found locally (Salisbury, NC) I usually have to travel to find a seller that not only has a decent selection, but my size (13D). Just got my first pair online and this is the review. Not every Bass shoe line has a 13D, but this one does. This Bass "Larson" is one of several relatively inexpensive Bass "Weejun" style loafers that typically fit comfortably and wear extremely well. The open footwell easily accommodates a larger foot without being so open that the shoe falls off the foot. The Burgundy (cordovan) color is very versatile and the high quality leather buffs easily to a lasting shine with little effort. I just had another pair of these resoled after a year because they are my favorite work shoes and the uppers still look great. Many less expensive shoes have rubber bottoms which are arguably quieter walking down an office hallway, but I've found that they wear out faster than the leather soles on the Weejuns. I've tried others but I keep coming back for the comfort, wear and reliability of the Bass Weejun brand.

The only con I know of is that prices appear to have gone up in the last several years. I used to get mine for about $65/pair at an outlet in the mountains, but I don't travel that way anymore.
on January 25, 2011
This shoe seems to be longer than other brands we have purchased. The eee is great but it seems that this shoe is quite a bit longer than others in the same size. I am sure we will love it once we find the correct size.
on May 24, 2015
These might not be the good old American made Bass Weejuns, but I wouldn't know the difference. That said, what else can one about say about a classic, iconic, well made shoe that was hip 50yrs or so ago, and still is? Well made, comfortable, and always stylish, good for weddings, funerals, bluejeans and sockless.
Anyone remember when jeans were so stiff, it would take weeks for them to soften up, get "broke-in", and last for years? Bass shoes are like that, durability built in, comfort for years; they will last forever if you take care of them.
on November 26, 2015
I have found that most leather-sole penny loafers are pretty tight when they're new (My last pair was Florsheim). I'm a 12, and I need EEE due to a painful bone spur, even though my actual width is D or E. With these types of shoes, the extra width has never been an issue because they're usually cut a bit small. But these are a bit large on me.
Anyway, these are comfy right out of the box. I'll just wear thicker socks to take up some room.
on January 3, 2016
I would recommend this shoe for every walk of lifestyle without reservation. The price was very reasonable. I've owned Sebagos most of my life and still have three pair. They are leather lined which I wish these were. For the money you cannot and will not go wrong. The guys at Church are all asking me where did I get them and I respond, AMAZON proudly
on January 20, 2013
You can't go wrong with these classic shoes that are well made and built to last. This is my 2nd pair.
on February 3, 2015
I guess the best thing to say about these shoes is that you get what you pay for. They're not especially comfortable and are not really durable. I don't really put these shoes through any rigorous program just for general wear around a typical office setting, but I would not recommend these if you intend to stand or be walking excessively. The black leather feels cheap and the soles feel cheap, a couple months of wearing these and I had received a hole in the bottom of the right foot. All in all these shoes are meh.
on June 11, 2015
Positive: Nice design, good quality.
Negative: Since many years I am ordering shoes size 8W. This shoe is definitely narrower than what I had before. It was really painful to break in the shoes and it took me about 2 weeks. They are still not as comfortable as I want but I can walk and I hope it gets better. The other negative point is the color. This burgundy color is too reddish for my taste. I wish it would be darker.
on December 30, 2014
Fit was perfect, they loved the shoes. I've owned several pairs over the years, the quality still looks great unlike so many other companies that have cheapened the product to keep costs down. It's always best to try on loafers before purchase, so many factors make loafers fit well. There's no laces to make adjustments, they have to just fit out of the box. I always prefer getting loafers slightly tighter than my usual fit as they will break in over time, and can become too loose if they fit perfectly on purchase.
on December 28, 2013
Bought these out of nostalgia as one of my first penny loafers were BASS loafers. Shipping from i-Parcel tool a while, got caught up with the Xmas stuff, but that's not Amazon nor Bass' fault.

Back to the shoes. They fit well. I normally wear 9 to 9.5 depending on shoe type, but for loafers, I tend to be more conservative at 9 (since I don't wear them with thick socks nor do they come with laces) and they fit perfectly.

The leather's a bit stiff and the shine is in between regular and patent, so it's not very common, it'd look better in the wine maroon colour than black, but still, when you wear these with trousers, or even dark jeans, they look really nice.

Fit is fine and comfortable with good support.

Bass from 8-10 years ago seem to be better made, but that may not be a valid comparison as I no longer have the old shoes for side-to-side comparison.