Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 15, 2010
Since the Bass shoes I usually buy are not easily found locally (Salisbury, NC) I usually have to travel to find a seller that not only has a decent selection, but my size (13D). Just got my first pair online and this is the review. Not every Bass shoe line has a 13D, but this one does. This Bass "Larson" is one of several relatively inexpensive Bass "Weejun" style loafers that typically fit comfortably and wear extremely well. The open footwell easily accommodates a larger foot without being so open that the shoe falls off the foot. The Burgundy (cordovan) color is very versatile and the high quality leather buffs easily to a lasting shine with little effort. I just had another pair of these resoled after a year because they are my favorite work shoes and the uppers still look great. Many less expensive shoes have rubber bottoms which are arguably quieter walking down an office hallway, but I've found that they wear out faster than the leather soles on the Weejuns. I've tried others but I keep coming back for the comfort, wear and reliability of the Bass Weejun brand.

The only con I know of is that prices appear to have gone up in the last several years. I used to get mine for about $65/pair at an outlet in the mountains, but I don't travel that way anymore.
on February 3, 2015
I guess the best thing to say about these shoes is that you get what you pay for. They're not especially comfortable and are not really durable. I don't really put these shoes through any rigorous program just for general wear around a typical office setting, but I would not recommend these if you intend to stand or be walking excessively. The black leather feels cheap and the soles feel cheap, a couple months of wearing these and I had received a hole in the bottom of the right foot. All in all these shoes are meh.
on January 25, 2011
This shoe seems to be longer than other brands we have purchased. The eee is great but it seems that this shoe is quite a bit longer than others in the same size. I am sure we will love it once we find the correct size.
on May 24, 2015
These might not be the good old American made Bass Weejuns, but I wouldn't know the difference. That said, what else can one about say about a classic, iconic, well made shoe that was hip 50yrs or so ago, and still is? Well made, comfortable, and always stylish, good for weddings, funerals, bluejeans and sockless.
Anyone remember when jeans were so stiff, it would take weeks for them to soften up, get "broke-in", and last for years? Bass shoes are like that, durability built in, comfort for years; they will last forever if you take care of them.
on November 26, 2015
I have found that most leather-sole penny loafers are pretty tight when they're new (My last pair was Florsheim). I'm a 12, and I need EEE due to a painful bone spur, even though my actual width is D or E. With these types of shoes, the extra width has never been an issue because they're usually cut a bit small. But these are a bit large on me.
Anyway, these are comfy right out of the box. I'll just wear thicker socks to take up some room.
on May 16, 2016
These shoes were just what my husband wanted, but Amazon did not have his size. We ordered up 1/2 size and they were too long. I expect the correct size would fit okay. Had to return them. (As for the arch support, we really don't know. My husband tried them on, took 2 steps, and took them off. So he didn't wear them long enough to know.)
on January 3, 2016
I would recommend this shoe for every walk of lifestyle without reservation. The price was very reasonable. I've owned Sebagos most of my life and still have three pair. They are leather lined which I wish these were. For the money you cannot and will not go wrong. The guys at Church are all asking me where did I get them and I respond, AMAZON proudly
on June 4, 2016
I love these shoes, I prefer the wide, I like to dance, and the smooth soles on these shoes make me appear to be a good dancer as I can really slide and move my feet. In addition to that, they look really nice. Good quality, should last the average person a long time.
on January 20, 2013
You can't go wrong with these classic shoes that are well made and built to last. This is my 2nd pair.
on June 11, 2015
Positive: Nice design, good quality.
Negative: Since many years I am ordering shoes size 8W. This shoe is definitely narrower than what I had before. It was really painful to break in the shoes and it took me about 2 weeks. They are still not as comfortable as I want but I can walk and I hope it gets better. The other negative point is the color. This burgundy color is too reddish for my taste. I wish it would be darker.