4.0 out of 5 stars Classic shoe
I've always had problems finding dress shoes for work that would go with dress slacks, yet still be comfortable for the half mile hike to and from the bus. I rediscovered Bass Penny Loafers (I'd worn them in college), and love them. I have a black pair and this burgundy pair, and am thinking of purchasing the tan pair.

The only drawback was that this pair was a...
Published on May 15, 2010 by J. Stephens

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Weejuns we used to know
Published 17 months ago by ram16821

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic shoe, May 15, 2010

The only drawback was that this pair was a little narrower and stiffer than previous pairs, but I was still able to break them in fairly soon. They polish well, and are comfortable enough for walking all day on carpet and outside on rough asphalt and concrete. As long as Bass keeps making them, and keeping them at this reasonable price, I'll keep buying them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Weejuns we used to know, March 12, 2013
I had such faith in these that I ordered two pair. Not the best decision. The shoes look great, but the leather is so rigid and inflexible, they feel like wearing blocks of wood. I waited several weeks to write this review, hoping that the break-in period on the first pair would solve the problem, but that really hasn't worked out. Also tried leather condition on the interior (which is raw exposed leather, not tanned).This really is a disappointment, because I love the style. There's a reason these shoes are so inexpensive...

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality contruction, December 16, 2012
The top leather separated from the side piece around the outside after less than 6 months of light wear. Something tells me that construction quality has suffered quite a bit. I never had such a problem with several previous pairs that had been re-soled at least twice each. Sorry, Bass, you have lost a customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bass Weejuns, November 17, 2010
I've been wearing Bass Weejuns for 40 years. I love them. Anymore they're hard to find in my size at ordinary retail stores. Thank God for Amazon in making these wonderful shoes available once again in my size. Bass Weejuns, if properly cared for, last forever.

3.0 out of 5 stars They run small, January 26, 2012
J. G. Wright (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
The Bass Weejuns are classic and you can't go wrong wearing these with just about anything. That being said, these shoes were too narrow and had to be returned. I wear a size 12D, which is what I ordered and what was delivered, but there was no way these shoes were going to fit on my clod-hoppers. I decided to return them and shop for shoes in real life so I could try them on before I bought them. Hence three stars. Classic, good looking shoes, but not true to size. Your mileage may vary.

3.0 out of 5 stars A size too small, January 27, 2012
This review is from: Bass Men's Logan Flat Panel Loafer (Apparel)
Good workmanship. Nice finish. They run a half size or so small. Width (EEE) was accurate. 5 stars if they were properly sized.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soles lasted less than 8 months, July 13, 2012
Sailin' Steve (Franklin, MA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bass Men's Logan Flat Panel Loafer (Apparel)
Received the shoes in late November last year and the front of the right shoe's sole has worn through and broken off. I'll bring it to the shoemaker and see if a repair can be made, unlikely since they'd have to sew a whole new sole on. Dexter's used to last up to 2 years, this is my second pair of Bass which has worn out early (the first actually appeared to be cheap knock-offs, so this time I bought from another supplier). Get what you pay for I guess. Really miss those Dexter outlet stores in Maine, loafers for $45 that really held up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good Fits Bad, May 11, 2010
C. Corp "NAK" (MISSOURI CITY, TX, US) - See all my reviews
Returned this pair because it was to narrow and would not fit. If you have to buy these shoes get 1/2 to 1 size bigger and wider.

3.0 out of 5 stars poor quality leather..., September 20, 2013
poor quality leather...good for a $20 shoe but not for $80....a better quality leather would enhance the look and stabilty of the shoe

will not purchase anothe Bass shoe after this expeerience thanks e hagburg

2.0 out of 5 stars Since when did Bass skimp on the leather?, September 18, 2013
I have worn Bass Weejuns since I was in high school. Literally, most of my life has been spent with a pair in my closet as my kick-about, weekend shoes. Maybe they are making them in China now and the manufacturere is skimping on leather to shave some $'s. But these are the first pair I have ever bought that I had to take to a cobbler to have stretched. The section just under the penny insert, the knuckle of the foot was too tight to the point that the shoes were distorted.
A few months ago I broke the bank and walked into Gucci and bought a pair of black loafers and they were an epiphany. I had bought my first pair in 1970 - I got married in them - and they are still the most comfortable shoes on Earth. I mention this so that someone doesn't think that my foot has changed shape over the years, No. This is Bass changing not so much their 'last' as the amount of leather used in making the upper shoe. It was a disappointment. But Bass was the only maker with the 'tan' color I wanted.

Bass Men's Logan Flat Panel Loafer