Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on May 15, 2010
I've always had problems finding dress shoes for work that would go with dress slacks, yet still be comfortable for the half mile hike to and from the bus. I rediscovered Bass Penny Loafers (I'd worn them in college), and love them. I have a black pair and this burgundy pair, and am thinking of purchasing the tan pair.

The only drawback was that this pair was a little narrower and stiffer than previous pairs, but I was still able to break them in fairly soon. They polish well, and are comfortable enough for walking all day on carpet and outside on rough asphalt and concrete. As long as Bass keeps making them, and keeping them at this reasonable price, I'll keep buying them.
0Comment45 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
I had such faith in these that I ordered two pair. Not the best decision. The shoes look great, but the leather is so rigid and inflexible, they feel like wearing blocks of wood. I waited several weeks to write this review, hoping that the break-in period on the first pair would solve the problem, but that really hasn't worked out. Also tried leather condition on the interior (which is raw exposed leather, not tanned).This really is a disappointment, because I love the style. There's a reason these shoes are so inexpensive...
33 comments38 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2012
Received the shoes in late November last year and the front of the right shoe's sole has worn through and broken off. I'll bring it to the shoemaker and see if a repair can be made, unlikely since they'd have to sew a whole new sole on. Dexter's used to last up to 2 years, this is my second pair of Bass which has worn out early (the first actually appeared to be cheap knock-offs, so this time I bought from another supplier). Get what you pay for I guess. Really miss those Dexter outlet stores in Maine, loafers for $45 that really held up.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2012
The top leather separated from the side piece around the outside after less than 6 months of light wear. Something tells me that construction quality has suffered quite a bit. I never had such a problem with several previous pairs that had been re-soled at least twice each. Sorry, Bass, you have lost a customer.
22 comments16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 26, 2012
The Bass Weejuns are classic and you can't go wrong wearing these with just about anything. That being said, these shoes were too narrow and had to be returned. I wear a size 12D, which is what I ordered and what was delivered, but there was no way these shoes were going to fit on my clod-hoppers. I decided to return them and shop for shoes in real life so I could try them on before I bought them. Hence three stars. Classic, good looking shoes, but not true to size. Your mileage may vary.
22 comments15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2010
I've been wearing Bass Weejuns for 40 years. I love them. Anymore they're hard to find in my size at ordinary retail stores. Thank God for Amazon in making these wonderful shoes available once again in my size. Bass Weejuns, if properly cared for, last forever.
0Comment18 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2014
This shoes run really small and feels so cheap. I hate the. They are literally two size smaller. I ordered 10 but they really feel like 8. So please think twice before you get it.
on March 9, 2014
I was very dissapointed because I buyed these shoes two times before and then I was very satisfied because they lasted much longer than they have done this.

The new ones I buyed before that I could use them for a week the right side one splited... I wish I did not throw away the money...
on August 3, 2015
I have worn this Weejun shoe for nearly fifty years -- back when they were around $18 a pair! Bass has added many models since then, but the "flat-panel" shoe is the original profile. The design was inspired by a Norwegian shoe , thus the name "WEEJUN."

There will always be a pair of Weejuns in my closet -- even though they are now made outside of the United States and the soles wear out quickly if they are worn regularly. I know, because I ordered two pairs maybe fourteen months ago, and one pair is giving out. That they "last for years" is not an accurate pitch. I wear mine a lot, and they probably last a year or so. The tops remain in great condition, but the soles are not especially hearty. Great look, but there are limitations. Having a pair re-heeled and resoled is more than the cost of two new shoes, so I will dispose of mine when the soles go.
on June 30, 2012
Bought 2 pairs of Bass flat panel loafers of my size 11D. And true sizing must be 10 1/2 W. I almost can`t put my feet on them, of course can't walk. As I live overseas it was to expensive to send them back so I lost my money. I've bought in the past from Amazon, Sebago, Florsheim, Adidas, Nike, etc., and always the sizing was the correct one. It's incredible that a brand that intends to sell by internet where the customer can't try the fit, make their own smaller and narrower sizing different from the rest of the shoe brands. NEVER AGAIN I WILL BUY BASS SHOES.
11 comment8 of 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse