Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

on May 15, 2010
I've always had problems finding dress shoes for work that would go with dress slacks, yet still be comfortable for the half mile hike to and from the bus. I rediscovered Bass Penny Loafers (I'd worn them in college), and love them. I have a black pair and this burgundy pair, and am thinking of purchasing the tan pair.

The only drawback was that this pair was a little narrower and stiffer than previous pairs, but I was still able to break them in fairly soon. They polish well, and are comfortable enough for walking all day on carpet and outside on rough asphalt and concrete. As long as Bass keeps making them, and keeping them at this reasonable price, I'll keep buying them.
on March 12, 2013
I had such faith in these that I ordered two pair. Not the best decision. The shoes look great, but the leather is so rigid and inflexible, they feel like wearing blocks of wood. I waited several weeks to write this review, hoping that the break-in period on the first pair would solve the problem, but that really hasn't worked out. Also tried leather condition on the interior (which is raw exposed leather, not tanned).This really is a disappointment, because I love the style. There's a reason these shoes are so inexpensive...
33 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2012
Received the shoes in late November last year and the front of the right shoe's sole has worn through and broken off. I'll bring it to the shoemaker and see if a repair can be made, unlikely since they'd have to sew a whole new sole on. Dexter's used to last up to 2 years, this is my second pair of Bass which has worn out early (the first actually appeared to be cheap knock-offs, so this time I bought from another supplier). Get what you pay for I guess. Really miss those Dexter outlet stores in Maine, loafers for $45 that really held up.
on December 16, 2012
The top leather separated from the side piece around the outside after less than 6 months of light wear. Something tells me that construction quality has suffered quite a bit. I never had such a problem with several previous pairs that had been re-soled at least twice each. Sorry, Bass, you have lost a customer.
on January 26, 2012
The Bass Weejuns are classic and you can't go wrong wearing these with just about anything. That being said, these shoes were too narrow and had to be returned. I wear a size 12D, which is what I ordered and what was delivered, but there was no way these shoes were going to fit on my clod-hoppers. I decided to return them and shop for shoes in real life so I could try them on before I bought them. Hence three stars. Classic, good looking shoes, but not true to size. Your mileage may vary.
on March 9, 2014
I was very dissapointed because I buyed these shoes two times before and then I was very satisfied because they lasted much longer than they have done this.

The new ones I buyed before that I could use them for a week the right side one splited... I wish I did not throw away the money...
on March 31, 2014
This shoes run really small and feels so cheap. I hate the. They are literally two size smaller. I ordered 10 but they really feel like 8. So please think twice before you get it.
on November 17, 2010
I've been wearing Bass Weejuns for 40 years. I love them. Anymore they're hard to find in my size at ordinary retail stores. Thank God for Amazon in making these wonderful shoes available once again in my size. Bass Weejuns, if properly cared for, last forever.
on April 20, 2015
These are beautifully made shoes, but they are all sized 1/2 to one full size too small and perhaps one size narrower than stated. I have all size 11 shoes width d, which is what I ordered, but there was no way I could wear these. Couldn't even get my foot in without extreme discomfort.

Somebody has given them the wrong pattern for sized. Amazon really needs to read all of the posts from different sources and see about working with the vendors to at least improve their disclosures if not change the sizing to be correct.

All that being said, I sent them back but will prob still order the next size and width up because they are beautiful.
on August 3, 2015
I have worn this Weejun shoe for nearly fifty years -- back when they were around $18 a pair! Bass has added many models since then, but the "flat-panel" shoe is the original profile. The design was inspired by a Norwegian shoe , thus the name "WEEJUN."

There will always be a pair of Weejuns in my closet -- even though they are now made outside of the United States and the soles wear out quickly if they are worn regularly. I know, because I ordered two pairs maybe fourteen months ago, and one pair is giving out. That they "last for years" is not an accurate pitch. I wear mine a lot, and they probably last a year or so. The tops remain in great condition, but the soles are not especially hearty. Great look, but there are limitations. Having a pair re-heeled and resoled is more than the cost of two new shoes, so I will dispose of mine when the soles go.