Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 11, 2011
I was originally disappointed in my purchase due to the size of the battery. It did not fit in the battery inset properly. The seller reached out to me and sent a replacement and I am a very happy customer. The replacement battery is much smaller while being the same capacity. It fits in the drone without problem. From what I understand, all new purchases will recieve the new smaller battery.

The fact that the seller took the initiative and contacted me to offer a replacement gives me great confidence in his product. I would purchase again from him.
55 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2011
battery itself is of good quality, but connector is installed wrong. I connected this battery to my unit and it fried the circuit board. When I check to see what went wrong, I noticed that the battery connector was installed reversed. Let this be a warning to others to double check first.

Update:
Bastens CS has responded to this review, and I appreciate their efforts to correct the problem. Fortunately for me, it is a minor repair on the circuit board, and I corrected the polarity issue on the battery connector. This review was not meant to bash the product or the company, I would do business again with this company knowing they are willing to correct any problems. However, this is written as a warning to others, including myself to always double check the connectors. Mistakes do happen.
on July 7, 2011
This is a must have item. Like all of us, I was wishing for a battery that would give me longer flying time without electronic or performance problems. One flight with the new battery showed me I'd made a good choice. I'm an aggressive flier, so I tend to burn batteries quickly, but this one gave me all the performance for at least 20 minutes.
I'll be looking to purchase a second one, and will seriously consider the higher rate charger and battery bundle.
on May 9, 2012
I bought the battery and charger here on Amazon I received both 3 days before the delivery date. The battery had about a 40 % charge so I plugged it into the Drone 2.0 and I began flying it got almost a 10 minute flight at only 40% awesome. I then went to charge it I could not get it to recognize the battery I sent an email to Basten's less than 5 minutes I got a call from the owner Patrick who walked me thru hooking the battery up, I over looked the part in the instructions about hooking the banana clips to the discharge of the battery then plugging it into the charger oops. Patrick also gave me a quick and informative walk thru on understanding how the battery works. That is more than any other battery retailer would have done. I am so impressed with this seller I am ordering another battery. If you are looking to buy spare batteries for your Drone look no farther this battery is all I expected so far, the charger is awesome about 27 minutes after the cool down before charging and you are ready for another almost 20 minute flight !!!
THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT PRODUCT AND AS FOR SUPPORT NOT EVEN AMAZON CAN COMPARE TO THE SPEED AND ABILITY TO RESOLVE A PROBLEM AS PATRICK DID, DO NOT GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT THIS IS THE QUALITY PRODUCT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
on November 17, 2012
This battery gives some extra minutes to standard AR.Drone 2.0 flight time!
The nicest feature is it's ability to be charged with a professional balanced charger but someone will object you CANNOT CHARGE IT with the Drone supplied silly charger!
Be ready to get a better charger for this, but you will fly longer and will last a lot!
on January 6, 2012
I bought this battery expecting the 20 minutes i really got about 11 but that was just with the second flight(the charger status light was flashing green and red never had than happen!). I don't know much about Li-Po batteries the (the only type of batteries i know nothing about...). I don't have any major problem fitting the battery into the compartment it is firm ,but i would rather have longer flight time than have to worry about fitting a battery. I will keep using the battery in hopes of increasing flight time and shortening charge time. This battery is better than the one that came with it, it took approximately 2 hour to charge that battery which wasn't even what AR Drone said it was but their flight time was 6.5-8 minutes which isn't enough to really enjoy the helicopter. Bastens battery is a good battery just some minor issues will time the charge time and test in just hover flight.
on August 23, 2012
As usual with Amazon, was delivered within a week as planned by UPS. No problem.
Regarding the endurance for a drone AR 2.0, yes it does increase it beyond the 12mn of the original parrot battery. However, I did just reach 16 mn and, as AR drone's owners know, when the battery reach 16% (ich), the drone goes down...
So, a good buy, yes, but not extending hugely the endurance of the drone.
on November 7, 2013
I've purchased three of these batteries. All of them performed as expected, giving me much longer flight times than the battery that came with the Parrot 2.0 Drone. However, the outstanding thing about these batteries and the company behind them is the customer service: Immediate, accurate, and very helpful. Like me, you've probably had many frustrating experiences with companies, trying to get stuff made right after the sale. Not with Bastens! I had a problem with one of my batteries giving a strange message when I tried to charge it. I sent them an email from the Contact page on their site (bastens dot com) and got back a very prompt, very detailed, very helpful reply. After a few more exchanges, we determined that the problem was that one of the connectors had gone bad--my problem, not theirs. Everything turned out right in the end.

My advice: If you think you have a problem with one of their products, give them a chance to make it right instead of broadcasting the issue to the world as an Amazon gripe. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised.
on April 9, 2012
Picked up 2 of these and the lipo charger for my AR Drone 2.0. These charge quickly ( under 1 hour) and last longer than the original battery sent with the drone. I'm getting in the 18-20 minute range of flight time on each battery. These fit the AR Drone 2.0 well and have made it much more fun to play with. If there was a bundle deal on more than 1 battery and/ or the charger I'd give this 5 stars. Overall I would recommend this item.
on June 16, 2013
My original battery died, so I started checking out alternatives. They were pretty straight forward:
- an Authentic AR.Drone battery @1000ma, merely costing my first born (which was under consideration, I assure you)
- a Chinese knock off of the AR.Drone V2 battery, at 1800ma (which I admit, I purchased)
- the Bastens AR.Drone battery @1300ma and very reasonably priced.

the Chinese knock off sounded like a winner - but 1800ma comes with one little caveat that V1.0 users HAVE to deal with....it's too damned heavy, and makes the Drone unstable.

The Bastens, however, worked flawlessly. SLIGHTLY heavier than the original battery (but in the Drone, with the outdoor hull, it still weighs less than the stock battery in the Drone with the indoor hull), it gives you a good five minutes more of fly time. It charges relatively quickly, and at the end of the day, more fly time is what it's all about, right? Totally worth it.