- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
Bat out of Hell II: Back into Hell
|Listen Now with Prime Music Join Prime||Prime Members|
Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
So here's the list:
* Lie to you (and that's a fact)
* Never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way
* Forgive himself if you don't go all the way tonight
* Ever do it better than he does it with you (so long, so long)
* Ever stop dreaming of you every night of his life (no way)
* Forget everything and "see that it's time to move on"
* Let it all turn to dust so we'll all fall down
* Be screwing around
For those of you really curious about the inner workings of his heart and level of commitment, here's what he will, in fact, do for love...
* Run right into Hell and back
* take a vow and seal a pact
* be there til the final act
* do anything you've been dreaming of
* Raise you up and help you down
* Get you right out of this Godforsaken town
* Make it all a little less cold
* Hold you sacred and hold you tight
* Colorize your life because you're so sick of black and white
* make it all a little less old
* make you some magic with his own two hands
* build you an emerald city from grains of sand
* give you something you can take home
* cater to every fantasy you got
* hose you down with holy water if you get too hot
* take you places you've never known
*all items listed are from the Meat Loaf song "I'd Do Anything for Love (But I Won't Do That)" from the album Bat Out of Hell 2
This album, every time I put it on, gives me a wake-up call. Meat Loaf/Jim Steinman's music is so emotional, so human, so real, artistic, accessible - this album is where everything came together (again!) and reminded a few million people why music is so important in one's life. I think the most important purpose about music is that it makes a person feel. It moves you. And very few things out there are more intense than this. Warning: this album is not for the casual fan of bland music. Not everyone deserves these songs. But if you think you are human, you may just pass the test.
I'm not going to waste any more than this lone sentance to utter what a shame it is that some call this music cheesy, campy, pompous, etc. - give us a break. This album is one of the best ever made. There's so much to say, it's probably doing more justice to analyze minimally here. Even nostalgic people from the first Bat Out of Hell era love this album - and THAT's a rare thing indeed, to have an album that easily rivals another classic from its own lineage-and by the same fans.
These songs address life. There's not a weak spot on the album, and not a wasted minute. I saw an interview once where Meat was asked to respond to the criticism of his songs being so long. With impeccable retort, he reasoned that none of these songs are as long as life itself.Read more ›
As Meat's old fans know, it represented his metaphorically return to the front line of the music industry. After years of staying in the shadows without any real worth mentioning big hit, came "Bat" no. II which namely was a sequel to his former major hit album and all time classic "Bat Out of Hell" (see my past review) and functioned as a continuance to the latter.
One fact must be cleared - under no circumstances does this album put his predecessor to shame. It's a unique achievement in the rock genre without any alike around. With titles like "I'd do anything for love...", "objects in the rear view mirror", "lost boys and golden girls" - soon enough you realize that someone has done a great deal of work for you ,and you better listen ! Pay extra attention to the unforgettable "Out Of the Frying Pan (and into the fire)" a fantastic action performance.
I can determine safely that this is a masterpiece .I do not give that honor easily, but believe me, this album deserves it. It had made his advent appearance at the end of 1993, and I've been listening to it enthusiastically ever since. Time hasn't diminished the power and depth of this super fine music creation; there is only a low depreciation over this CD,so you can listen to it time and again and, to me, that's the definition of a classic music.
All in all, if consider yourself a rock fan you should buy it, you wouldn't regret your decision.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Son has become hooked on Meatloaf! Songs continue to be fun and quirky!Published 17 days ago by Bear1964
Definitely my favorite Meat Loaf album. Really picked me up after a rough week.Published 2 months ago by AWCB
Love Meat Loaf. He will always be one of my favorite singers of all times.Published 3 months ago by K nurse