Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bates Men's Enforcer 8 Inch Leather Nylon Uniform Boot
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on June 8, 2009
These are spectacular boots for anyone in the law enforcement, corrections, or EMS field. I work at a detention center in Virginia and needed a sturdy pair of boots that provided a lot of ankle support since we are often running around tight corners when responding to emergency situations. That's why I opted for the 8" uppers.
I have owned these boots for almost a year and a half now and they have exceeded every expectation. The first week or two wearing them they were still pretty stiff and hurt my feet but after they were broken in, it felt like I wasn't wearing anything at all. The provide the much-needed ankle support for running around sharp corners. They are extremely durable yet still lightweight and don't impede movement
They are actually genuine leather and hold a shine pretty well (unlike other fake leather boots where the "leather" peels off after they get wet a few times).
For the price, these are an amazing buy. If/when they finally do wear out and become unusable, I will most definitely buy another pair.
I cannot say enough positive about these.

***UPDATE*** Approximately 3 YEARS after writing the above review, the same pair of boots are still going strong. In fact, I'm wearing them now. I'm about to purchase another pair b/c the sole is starting to show it's age. But I'll definitely be holding onto these as a back-up. And you better believe I'm getting another pair of Bates boots. I really hope to have the same experience the second time around.
on May 14, 2016
The upper part of the boots are holding up pretty good, but not so much where the rubber meets the road. To be fair with this review I work in construction and my gloves and boots get abused in a bad way, the soul's of the boots are too soft for what I do and probably would not be an issue if not worn for work, with that said ... very comfortable, very light, and made with some good leather. The soft rubber is my only reason for not giving five stars.
on May 21, 2016
To start off I have crappy feet so finding any boot/shoe that fits well is a challenge. I work in a job were im standing 7-12 hours a day with light walking, after a week with just an added generic cushion insole my feet feel good. NOT Water Proof but in my use I dont want it, I would rather have high breath ability then a water proof/resistant exterior. These boots are good quality for the dollar and have good ankle and heal support. There is plenty of instep room ( I have a very high instep ) and the toe box is large enough for a thick sock fitment. If you have a very thin instep a very thick sock or a double or triple insole will be needed. Light is an understatement, about the same feel on my feet as a pair of running shoes. I dont foresee them lasting under hard heavy repetitive flex of the sole, such as crouching on the balls of your feet or a roofing job....I could be wrong, time will tell. For the cost they are well worth it.

To Bates: The only improvement IMO would be a rubberized toe as these puppy's scuff up on the 1st bump, and loose the #2-3 plastic eyelets and use speed lace eyelets or lace hooks.
on March 23, 2014
This is my fourth pair of Bates boots and this pair won't last three months. I've worn them for five days and the sewn seams of the leather are pulling apart and the glued on rubber parts of the soles are starting to separate. There are several major stitching errors. WHY are they made in Bangladesh? At least the Chinese boots had some quality control. VERY DISAPPOINTED!
on March 10, 2014
I originally purchased Bates black leather boots similar to these. The main thing I miss on these beautiful boots, however, is the zipper on the side like my smooth leather black boots. Nevertheless, they're still 5 star gems that I wouldn't think of returning. I like what Bates has to offer so much that I'll continue to purchase their products in the future.
on January 8, 2014
I was in the USMC for 4 years and loved my Bates boots, so now that my fiancé and I are farmers I bought a pair for me and my man. He has never worn combat boots before but WOW he loves them!! GREAT quality and just as good as I remember them :D couldn't be happier!! VERY TRUE TO THEIR SIZE!!!
on October 3, 2013
The boots are great and very lightweight and very comfortable to wear even for long period of times (9+ hours at a time). The building quality and materials are superb and sturdy. I live in a relatively hot-weathered country and I've been using the boots daily for about a week now in temperatures ranging from (24C to 32C) and my feet never got hot and sweaty so great breathability and heat blocking ability. The missing star in my case is because the boots that I got was a little different in color than the on in the product image, the boots' color that I got is sand-tan kaaki unlike the product image (color tends to be more yellowish than brownish as in the image)!! But luckily I found it very nice too and decided to keep it
on October 4, 2013
Buying shoes on line is a hassle because you can never tell how the item will fit. My pair of boots are a little big in the front but not so much that I must return them. Overall they are comfortable and require just a little break in. I will be going to another style or brand next time.
on October 9, 2014
These boots' stitching came undone after 2 months at my deployed location. I'm sure that if I did more walking in them, they would have formed the hole much sooner.

These were also made in china. Don't be fooled by the paid-for reviews saying these things are awesome.

Yes, they're comfortable and lightweight, but don't buy them and expect them to stay in one piece for very long.
on January 26, 2014
Fit as expected, worth every penny. I strongly recommend everybody. The perfect military boots for eny season. I even wore on summer time an i'm extremly pleased about them....On winter time, Foot is dry, doesn't freeze,absorbs shock when you are walking, are light, perfect for running, you feel like wearing assics running shoe. definitely .....I bought two pairs, one for summer and another one for winter - it's my favorite brand BATES, definitely