Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bates Men's Palomar Motorcycle Boot
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 13, 2013
These were comfortable right out of the box. They've got just the right look. A bit of work to get into, but that's the deal with slip-on boots.

I've been loving Bates boots, got three pair so far with My sights on a forth. The fit runs true, so if you wear a 10.5 EE and you order a 10.5 EE, you get a boot that fits just right. Too many manufacturers seem to pick numbers at random to describe their sizes, so obviously true fit is rather important in something you're going to order online.
on January 5, 2014
Mind, I've only owned a pair for the past less than a month and have never owned a pair of Bates before. I bought them to replace a two year-old pair of Ariats because I wanted a more durable boot with a mid-calf shaft length. The Ariats were fine in those respects, as I bought them with an above-ankle length and a lighter leather in mind. However, the leather soles were very hard and slippery new, and never got better despite two years of use.

The Bates boots and a softer rubberized sole which makes them quieter with better traction. The Bates trademark stamped into the front of the shaft is not especially prominent nor highly visible. So far, I have found them true to fit, and very comfortable.
on December 25, 2013
These are great heavy biker engineer boots. They don't have the old school feel of my red wings, but they are really well made and have vibram soles, as well as a thin insole, where the redwings have only a leather footbed.
The bates boots come up higher on my calf which I like for colder weather.
For a slightly more modern engineer boot, these are a great buy.
on June 27, 2013
These boots are well-made. They run a little wide but the length is accurate. Base your size on your leather street shoes not on athletic shoes or other boots. The problem is that "BATES" is stamped in large letters on the sides of the heels and on the front of the boot shafts. It looks ridiculous. That might be okay for yuppees but most bikers wouldn't even accept such big logos on their boots from Harley Davidson. I won't buy Bates again if the billboards remain on the front of the boots.
on January 6, 2016
Smaller than previous Harley Boots. Rubbed the calf and pinched the toes. Gave them away. Might be okay if you buy them larger than you normally wear. I'd say they are a size smaller than advertised.
on April 13, 2015
Overall these boots are very well constructed and fairly lightweight for riding boots. The only complaint I have is they are somewhat flat-footed for my arches. I bought some inserts but the boots need broken in a bit before the inserts will comfortably fit as they take up some space that otherwise the factory ones do not.
on June 25, 2015
Best motorcycle boots I've owned for a quite some time, I had searched for a decent pair for several years while my old Johnsons Engineer boots gradually disintegrated (15 years out of them), these are the 2nd pair of Bates' I have bought and have nothing but good things to say about them.
on January 16, 2015
I were these boots almost everyday, and almost always when I'm riding. I made sure to condition and water proof the leather as soon as I got them. The broke in perfectly and I have not felt water yet even when shoveling snow in this Chicago weather. My feet have never gotten cold.

Great quality boot for a good price compared to other brands.

I feel that the conditioning and water proofing is key for these to be as reliable and comfortable as they are.
on November 11, 2014
In my opinion, Bates doesn't make a bad product. I got these a while back and use them every day. They fit right and are comfortable. I will buy them again sometime but wont need to for years. They hold up well.
on November 3, 2015
I'm very glad I bought these boots. I would not hesitate to buy Bates boots again. They have the traditional MC look I want when I ride my antique and classic motorcycles, and they are comfortable and well constructed. I would recommend to a friend.