5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, Great Price!
Published 24 months ago by Ivan

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst pair of boots I have ever had
The zipper broke on the first pair I purchased, I sent them back for a replacement and the zipper broke too. I needed to keep wearing them because I didn't have the funds to replace them and they fell apart at the seams
Published 7 months ago by Brady C Young

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, Great Price!, September 24, 2012
If you are looking for boots that will withstand rain, mud, dirt, rough terrain, etc then look no further. These combat boots will keep your feet comfortable and dry. I bought mine for paintballing. The type of paintball I play is in heavily wooded areas. The fields have creeks, mud, swampy areas, trees, vegetation, hills, and more. I've played in the rain, hot weather, cold weather, etc and these boots have kept my feet feeling good. One day it started raining and didn't stop. While all the other players feet felt like they were swimming, my feet remained dry. I don't get blisters or any other problems with these either. And yes, I walk and stand for HOURS on in.

Pros:

- Price; that's always a first right? These boots aren't price crazy (I've seen combat boots for over $200).
- Durability; rough terrain isn't an issue for these boots
- Comfortable; while walking, running, and standing for hours, my feet didn't hurt too much
- Side Zip; makes the boots feel more secure around the ankle
- Lightweight; they don't make it feel like you are walking in water

Cons:

- I have yet to find anything wrong with these boots

===Bottom Line===

These boots are comfortable, durable, lightweight, and awesome looking. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking to get combat boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars The most comfortable general purpose boot I've ever owned, September 15, 2012
Lightweight, comfortable, inexpensive, good wear length... For the price, what more could one ask for?

While not an insulated boot, if you wear good winter socks, plenty warm enough for tramping around in light snow.

When I ride to Sturgis, I wear these instead of my regular riding boot because they are that comfortable. Have walked 23 miles in a pair of these without any aches or blisters.

Only gets four stars because if you don't unzip them all the way and try to force your foot into or out of them, you can damage the zipper. Use the zipper properly, and you will have no problems. Would prefer a metal zipper instead of nylon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be sure of your actual size before ordering., February 6, 2013
So. I have always had large and irregular feet, so normally I get extra wide shoes/boots. This is the first time I ever had boots "too wide". I wish I could send them back but I have worn them and I'll just have to get inserts.
Very good boots, though. Oh well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wide boot!, June 25, 2011
I need a VERY wide boot and I tried many brands and many styles without success. This one worked! I did try other Bates boots and found that they were not as wide as this style. They fit right away, were comfortable to wear - surprisingly short break in period. I love these and plan to order another pair right away as a back up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable Tactical Boots, November 29, 2008
These boots are great. It took one day to break them in & they are totally comfortable, low maintenance (haven't had to polish them at all). I'm on my feet all day at work & I never feel like I wish I have to take them off.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new CAP cadet likes them, May 11, 2012
I bought these for my son who just joined the civil air patrol. He was pleasantly surpised at the style and is quite impressed with how comfortable they are. He hasn't worn them for any extended time, but I expect them to exceed his expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meets all expectations, January 6, 2013
My husband loves this shoe. It is very comfortable, although it did take a couple weeks to break in. He walks for long hours a day and he typically has swollen feet afterwards. Since these shoes he hasn't had an issue. We're glad we purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Product, January 2, 2013
The boots are comfortable and leaves enough room for circulation. They look great and they feel spectacular. I would definitely recommend them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst pair of boots I have ever had, February 9, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, January 5, 2014
bought these for my sons and myself. Size is good and the boots are very comfortable. I will buy another pair when I wear these out

Bates Men's ZR-8 Side Zip Military Boot