Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 13, 2010
I had high hopes for this book. With two bathroom remodels in my future, I expected/hoped to find info. and ideas that I wasn't already aware of through other sources.

To be honest, I found it about as useful as walking through my local home improvement center, or taking a home tour. Pretty pictures (great for dreaming of that mansion you might live in one day), a small section on products available, nothing more, nothing less.

I was also hoping for a book that offered at least a few ideas for smaller baths. Not all of us want a spa in our home, nor do we want or have a bathroom that fits an entire family. Some of us live in older homes with no room to 'borrow' from, and no way to expand the room we have.

When I saw the picture on page 14 for the 'compact master bath', not only did I laugh, but I thought, these people have no idea what compact is!

And they don't, as is evident by the rest of the book.

There is nothing in this book that isn't already covered in the other bathroom books I've seen (and with more detail). I expected more from Taunton Press.

If you have lots of room to expand, or already have a large bathroom and want ideas of the high end ways you can update, go for it.

If you live in the real world and need ideas for real bathrooms, save yourself the money and check this book out of your local library if you think you might be interested.

If you have a small bath that you need/want ideas for, look elsewhere, like perhaps an IKEA catalog.
on October 25, 2011
As with "Bathroom Ideas That Work" the "Bathroom idea books is very (very) short on ideas, simplicity, and design; however, it is very long on the "grand bathroom photographs". Both books are great if you want to look at photographs of bathrooms in the"Baroque style".
on March 11, 2013
We're redoing a bathroom and saw this book at a home improvement store being used as a reference book. If you're looking for ideas, it has a lot of nice pictures that may give you some inspiration. It's interesting to see some of the novel ways people have used spaces and materials to create some great bathrooms. We got a few good ideas we're using for our bathroom. If you are looking for a how to or instruction manual, this is not your book. But it you just need to get some ideas on the possibilities, there are a lot of great ideas here!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2015
Many great ideas for a remodel.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse