Batman: Arkham Asylum - Best Game Ever???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 27, 2009 2:19:49 AM PDT
It has my vote. What do you people think?

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 6:20:53 AM PDT
M. burns says:
Not even close. While a good game, it is still light years behind MGS4.

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 3:07:01 PM PDT
Every person who has rated Batman has given it 5 stars. 25% of the people who rated MGS4 gave it 4 stars or less. Sorry M. burns but I think you are the one that is not even close here.

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 8:24:33 PM PDT
S.Papstein says:
What? Best game ever? I think I'm gonna speak for the majority when I say that there is no doubt that Batman AA is a outstanding game for sure, but in no way, shape or form is it the best game ever made...I'll let the guys below list the games that are better than it, cause I know you all are gonna. But still, my point remains

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2009 11:11:42 PM PDT
Q. Tran says:
Why do you care what others think? Whether something is best or worst is entirely subjective. If you like it, then it's best for you. There's no use convincing other ppl to think the same. Everyone is entitle to his/her opinion.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 7:16:20 AM PDT
Greatest Comic Book game ever made. Period. GOTY (Game of the Year) contender in the Action genre. Garunteed.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 10:05:26 AM PDT
MoultonHawk says:
The dude from IGN said it well, the best superhero game ever, that's it. Really cuz Infamous was pretty bad ass as well. If you are a uber Batman geek, then of course you are going to say it's the greatest game ever. You are the same one that bought the game for $40 more and all you got was a useless boomerang attached to a stand, a bat box that takes up space, a sticker, and a bunch of manuals you'll never read.

Posted on Aug 28, 2009 2:10:45 PM PDT
I am not a Batman freak by any means. I was just going by the combination of great graphics, gameplay and voice-acting. It also is longer than most games IMO so you get your money's worth. That is a rarity nowadays. Q. Tran probably said it best that "best game" is a matter of perspective and individual tastes. I just wanted to bring it up for some discussion. I did not even decide to buy this game until after it came out and I had already tried the demo.

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 11:04:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2009 11:17:43 AM PDT
Mia says:
I regretted my purchase of MGS4 the minute I started playing it. It really didn't live up to all the hype. If only the trade in value on Amazon was a little higher, I would have traded it in and gotten a discount for Batman. I'm not even a comic book fan by any means, but Batman: Arkham Asylum has been one of the best games I've played this year.

For me: Batman: AA >>>>> MGS4

Posted on Aug 29, 2009 12:58:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2009 1:00:28 PM PDT
thanos says:
I would rank as follows: (As a PS3 owner)

1. MGS4
2. Uncharted
3. Batman
4. Dead Space

Keep in mind, I am only 50% completed on Batman so it may take the number two spot!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 10:01:28 AM PDT
Murat Ozkaya says:
I would rank as follows: (As a PS3 owner)

1. Uncharted
2. Dead Space
3. Batman
4. Killzone 2

I think MGS4 was one of the most boring games I've ever played

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2009 10:46:08 AM PDT
thanos says:
A least we have three games in common!

I agree MGS4 is not for everyone.

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 4:15:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 1, 2009 4:17:50 PM PDT
Watcher says:
The Wolverine game is the best superhero game in my opinion. Batman was alright but there's not much freedom to do many other moves except the limited one button pushes that set off an action sequence that seems sort of... less interactive that usual in games in general. Of course, Wolverine is one of my favorite characters.

Posted on Sep 1, 2009 7:49:39 PM PDT
R. Cox says:
Batman's simplicity is what kills it. The gameplay gets old fast. Don't get me wrong, it's a GOTY contender, but would we be having this conversation if the game was released at the end of the year/early 2010? Best comic book/superhero game ever, maybe. Best game of this generation, no.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 10:11:56 AM PDT
I haven't played the game yet, but it sounds like a real good one and worthy of buying. I'm going to take the plunge. When you start talking best of anything it will always start some debates, but it seems little question its a great game for its genre. The Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 game is suppose to be pretty special also, so I'll reserve judgement until I play that one.

Posted on Sep 2, 2009 2:01:37 PM PDT
John Randall says:
Batman is a very good game. I have yet to play metal gear Solid 4. I have to say still Uncharted was an awesome game and is still my favorite.

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 12:04:25 PM PDT
*Spoiler Alert*

I thought the scarecrow hallucinations made this game even more awesome. Im not talking about how you have to evade his eyes/stare. Im talking about when your in the morgue and he unzips the body bags, or later when he turns into Bruce Wayne as a little boy. Little touches like this really made me like the game even more. I freaked out when I thought my PS3 froze on me but that was all part of the game!

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 2:51:13 PM PDT
I just purchased infamous and only had a chance to play up to the practice session and now there is Batman that everyone swears is the best game out there. Are we ranking third person shooter games? COD4 was good, but the best game so far has to go to Bioshock even though its a first person shooter. I played it four times, and 2 is coming out. I tried playing Uncharted and only got through the first first part. I put it down, but if everyone swears by it, I'll give it another try.

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 8:47:36 PM PDT
Rat Skellum says:
Arkham Asylum is great in many aspects, but try and go for the Big Boss Emblem in MGS4. The gameplay demolishes Batman's. Plus the PS3 version doesn't even support 1080p.

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 12:56:18 AM PDT
Nice to see so many responses. I have now finished Batman and loved it. Great game. My favorite though is still Uncharted. Glad to see that it makes everyone's list. Can wait for Oct 13th!!!

Posted on Sep 4, 2009 3:08:04 AM PDT
J. Garmenn says:
Best games are always subjective but I didn't think the demo of Batman was that great. It's your typical button masher with eye candy, in many ways a pretty update to the brawlers of old (Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc.) If you like those types of games, I could see you liking this game immensly, however it wasn't for me as many people said above that MGS4 wasn't for them. I also really didn't like the slowdown to focus on finishing moves. Really detracted from the speed and realism (as far as comics go) that the game was otherwise going for with graphics/storyline and added another layer of repetitiveness.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2009 6:41:28 AM PDT
I didn't care for the Batman AA demo, but I bought the game anyway due to recommendations from friends. I loved it. The demo doesn't do it justice. At least give the game a rent, otherwise you're missing out on a great game.

It reminds me of how I didn't care much for the Uncharted demo, yet I really enjoyed the full game.

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 9:18:59 AM PDT
Chris Reyes says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 12:59:59 PM PDT
T. Lee says:
1. MGS4
2. Uncharted
3. Batman AA
4. inFamous
5. Resident Evil 5

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 1:00:48 PM PDT
T. Lee says:
Although... Uncharted 2 will probably take the #1 spot when it comes out.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  30
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Aug 27, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 23, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Playstation 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Playstation 3 by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (406)