4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collector's Item; Average Guide
I knew I had a 50/50 chance of getting the cover I wanted. When I opened the package and realized I got the Catwoman cover... I was elated! The Batman cover has the same image found on the game disc and manual. Why would I want more of the same? Plus, I found playing as Catwoman extremely fun and am happy to have her on the cover as memorabilia...
Published on November 4, 2011 by Abel

3.0 out of 5 stars Guide or Collectible?
For a guide, this product is satisfying in paperback for the cheaper price. As a collectible, I suppose it's worth the extra money.

I only had one use for this guide, really; completing all of Riddler's Side Mission. There's an entire section in the back devoted entirely to the side missions, and most of my review will focus on this section. The main gameplay...
Published on November 7, 2011 by Simple Student

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collector's Item; Average Guide, November 4, 2011

Presentation
The cover and lithographs are very attractive and of amazing quality. The poster is a single double-sided one; two separate ones would have been better. The guide pages are thick and vibrant.

The Guide
First of all, there is nothing here you cant find in an online guide, for free. That being said, this guide is a helpful... to a degree. I did notice that tips for completing challenge rooms are very general and many of the Trophies/Achievements lack any tips at all.

DLC: The map packs are covered, but Robin and Nightwing are not. They have unique gadgets and you wont find any help for using them in this guide.

Collectables: The main ones (Trophies and Riddles) have photos, but unfortunately, the side ones (penguins, Harley heads, etc.) are only icons on a map.

Walk through: I won't be using this (why read the game when you can play it?), but it does seem thorough.

The extras (Lithographs, beautiful cover, etc.) is what really makes this a great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possible Solution To Getting The Cover You Want, January 5, 2012
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
Like a number of reviewers, I was frustrated by the seeming lack of choice in specifying my preferred cover. I may have discovered a solution. Granted, you have a 50/50 chance of getting the cover you want anyway, but I think doing the following will put the odds in your favor.

Before you submit your order, click on "Add Gift Options" on the left side of your screen. On the subsequent page there is space on the right to write a note. That's where I very politely asked for the Catwoman cover in capital letters. Lo and behold, that is what I received. I tend to think that whoever packed my guide listened to my request, because my gift note was not included in the package. In any case, it can't hurt to try.

Best of luck to everyone, and I'd love to get feedback from others who try this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batman's go-to guide., November 5, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
Let me begin by praising the artwork and detail of this product! The amazing hardcover is beautifully concealing the many lush easy-to-follow strategy guides within. This book was written in such a way that secrets are still kept from the gamer who doesn't want to be too spoiled; however, continue to page through at your own discretion.
My only critique is that various side-quest details are absent as well as other extra Riddler's riddles. This quibble is minute compared to the vast information within this limited edition guide. This guide relieved me of so much potential frustration!
Please, buy this book if you wish to have a comprehensive Dark Knight experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
The book is so worth it, for the help on some of the riddler's puzzles. The bonus character cards are cool too.
Good condition, quick shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide, January 16, 2012
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
I did not use this for the walkthrough at all. The game is too easy for that. I used it for the riddler trophies and the side missions. Throughout the game, you do get the riddles and trophies to show up on your map but the guide will give a screen shot and how to get it. However I did not like how it was organized. I feel like one map should be before the other (starting from left to right in the in map) and I found myself flipping back and forth. The other downside is that it only shows a top down image of destroyable objects (harley heads, Demon head) and not an exact location which I think is very much needed. One thing I really loved about this guide is what it came with. I really think other guides should include poster and lithographs like this one did. I love art for this game and I plan to frame and hang the lithographs up. There are two versions of this guild one with Catwomen on the cover and one with Batman.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review on Batman Arkham city limited edition guide, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
First i have to say i am not a very expert reviewer. But anyways lets start:

1)Shipping: As always the shipping of amazon is first class. They said it will take 2-3 business weeks to ship in Canada. But i got it in 1.5 weeks. That's super fast. The packaging was great. The price is decent.

2)Guide: This guide has two type of covers. One is batman and other is cat women. I was hoping to get the cat women one and when i opened the box its cat women. The limited edition has six litho of joker,riddler,penguin,two face,mr freeze and Harley Quinn. Those are great if you are a collector of artwork and this type of staff.

The walkthrough in the guide is decent and well explained. They try to explain every feature and approach to go along with the game. The side quests were explained well. It had also covered the catwomen Dlc part in the walkthrough.

Only drawback seems to me is that on Riddler trophy section where they should have explained more. Some trophies are hard to locate with only the location on the map. cause they are well hidden.

Overall the guide is a good collection to have. Its recommended for those who likes the all extra stuff in a game and wants to complete it 100%. Or simply for those who likes to collect a decent collector edition guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon LLC, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
The item is great love the art work and extras. How ever Amazon LLC shipped the item very poorly . Both book had damage on the corners, convent for them it's xmas and only 2 day before it to . Also both items listed as new only one was wrap the other not . I feel had cause I can return them and be without gifts till ? or keep them as is

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Art, December 22, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
Aesthetically, I love this game guide. But, I will say that unless you are using this game guide every step of the way, it cane be difficult to find the spot in the book that corresponds to where you are in the game.

Pros:
- Boss fights are broken down and easy to find via the table of contents
- Directions are relatively easy to follow with only very few exceptions
- Visually stunning art work
- Lithographs that come with this game guide are really cool

Cons:
- Difficult to find the spot in the book that corresponds to where you are in the game

Off the top of my head, that is the only negative thing I have to say about this game guide. I have enjoyed looking through it, and when I do find where I'm at, it is most helpful. Overall, I would recommend buying this game guide to anyone who wants the collectible lithographs and cover art. If you're looking for a good quality game guide, but don't care about the art, then get the standard version.

5.0 out of 5 stars The must have strat for a must have game!, December 3, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
First and foremost the Cat woman cover is a must. Not only is this cover HOT it's also very hard to find in my local retail stories. Game Stop only received a few copies per store. I didn't reserve it because they couldn't assure me which cover I would get. Once again Amazon saves the day..
They had the Batman fan in mind when they made this strat guide with the six character lithos and the detailed character backgrounds are awesome. This strat covers almost all the villains Batman has ever faced. This is only one of a few strat guides worth collecting this season, and let's not forget the pin up posters of Cat woman and Harley Quinn...Niiccee :). The only thing that would improve this collector's edition would be to add the concept artwork and more hand painted characters rather than just computer generated ones. Overall I am very happy with this guide as you will be too. So buy and be ready to fly...

5.0 out of 5 stars bad ass, November 25, 2011
This review is from: Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition (Hardcover)
Love this book. My wife uses the book and guides be to my achievements. Beautiful cover detail. It came with awesome mini posters that I will be framing soon. Great buy.

Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition
Batman: Arkham City Limited Edition by BradyGames (Hardcover - October 18, 2011)
Used & New from: $21.04