Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2011
I knew I had a 50/50 chance of getting the cover I wanted. When I opened the package and realized I got the Catwoman cover... I was elated! The Batman cover has the same image found on the game disc and manual. Why would I want more of the same? Plus, I found playing as Catwoman extremely fun and am happy to have her on the cover as memorabilia.

Presentation
The cover and lithographs are very attractive and of amazing quality. The poster is a single double-sided one; two separate ones would have been better. The guide pages are thick and vibrant.

The Guide
First of all, there is nothing here you cant find in an online guide, for free. That being said, this guide is a helpful... to a degree. I did notice that tips for completing challenge rooms are very general and many of the Trophies/Achievements lack any tips at all.

DLC: The map packs are covered, but Robin and Nightwing are not. They have unique gadgets and you wont find any help for using them in this guide.

Collectables: The main ones (Trophies and Riddles) have photos, but unfortunately, the side ones (penguins, Harley heads, etc.) are only icons on a map.

Walk through: I won't be using this (why read the game when you can play it?), but it does seem thorough.

The extras (Lithographs, beautiful cover, etc.) is what really makes this a great purchase.
on January 5, 2012
Like a number of reviewers, I was frustrated by the seeming lack of choice in specifying my preferred cover. I may have discovered a solution. Granted, you have a 50/50 chance of getting the cover you want anyway, but I think doing the following will put the odds in your favor.

Before you submit your order, click on "Add Gift Options" on the left side of your screen. On the subsequent page there is space on the right to write a note. That's where I very politely asked for the Catwoman cover in capital letters. Lo and behold, that is what I received. I tend to think that whoever packed my guide listened to my request, because my gift note was not included in the package. In any case, it can't hurt to try.

Best of luck to everyone, and I'd love to get feedback from others who try this.
44 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
Let me begin by praising the artwork and detail of this product! The amazing hardcover is beautifully concealing the many lush easy-to-follow strategy guides within. This book was written in such a way that secrets are still kept from the gamer who doesn't want to be too spoiled; however, continue to page through at your own discretion.
My only critique is that various side-quest details are absent as well as other extra Riddler's riddles. This quibble is minute compared to the vast information within this limited edition guide. This guide relieved me of so much potential frustration!
Please, buy this book if you wish to have a comprehensive Dark Knight experience.
on December 22, 2011
Aesthetically, I love this game guide. But, I will say that unless you are using this game guide every step of the way, it cane be difficult to find the spot in the book that corresponds to where you are in the game.

Pros:
- Boss fights are broken down and easy to find via the table of contents
- Directions are relatively easy to follow with only very few exceptions
- Visually stunning art work
- Lithographs that come with this game guide are really cool

Cons:
- Difficult to find the spot in the book that corresponds to where you are in the game

Off the top of my head, that is the only negative thing I have to say about this game guide. I have enjoyed looking through it, and when I do find where I'm at, it is most helpful. Overall, I would recommend buying this game guide to anyone who wants the collectible lithographs and cover art. If you're looking for a good quality game guide, but don't care about the art, then get the standard version.
on January 13, 2015
The Guide came in practically mint condition i expected that there would at least be a slightly beaten up a little bit but no, perfect condition. The book itself again is beautiful again probably the best looking game guide I've ever purchased, but there is one small issue when i clicked on the guide one site cat woman was on the cover, but once the order was complete batman was on the cover it made no sense and the guide i got had cat woman on the cover.
on March 22, 2015
Now this right here is the hardcover edition of the batman arkham city strategy guide. It comes with 5 pictures of the villains and a poster. Now i got the batman cover because their is also a second one to and that's catwoman. I never cared for arkham city i like arkham asylum the original one. Now the reason i got a Xbox 360 again was so i could play arkham city but i didn't care for it.
on January 16, 2012
I did not use this for the walkthrough at all. The game is too easy for that. I used it for the riddler trophies and the side missions. Throughout the game, you do get the riddles and trophies to show up on your map but the guide will give a screen shot and how to get it. However I did not like how it was organized. I feel like one map should be before the other (starting from left to right in the in map) and I found myself flipping back and forth. The other downside is that it only shows a top down image of destroyable objects (harley heads, Demon head) and not an exact location which I think is very much needed. One thing I really loved about this guide is what it came with. I really think other guides should include poster and lithographs like this one did. I love art for this game and I plan to frame and hang the lithographs up. There are two versions of this guild one with Catwomen on the cover and one with Batman.
on December 14, 2014
This book helps you when you play Batman on PS3 system. It helped you out a lot with the game. They came on time and is worth every dollar that icepack. If you are a fan and need help playing the game go out and go buy it today
on February 26, 2013
Arkham City is an amazing experience on PS3. A awesome story, and better yet... it lets us take control of the Dark Knight. Arkham City itself is gritty, tough and most of all absolutely beautiful. If you are a hardcore gamer, and want to scour the city, and find all that there is to offer, this strategy guide is perfect.
on March 28, 2013
Nice quality paper, really cool lithos of all the major characters. Also very detailed walkthru a little hard to follow at times because the game is soo massive. I was very happy with this guide and a collectors guide that actually had some cool extras.