Customer Discussions > Batman Begins [Blu-ray] forum

Batman Begins - Blu Ray - Firmware Update required

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 9, 2008 3:50:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2008 3:56:00 PM PDT
Odii Gis says:
I tried to playing the bluray Batman Begins on my BDP-S300 and it did not work. The firmware was 3.7 (or something like that I can't remember) but all the movies I had played on it were fine until now. I remember I still had the firmware update 3.8 on CD (I never bothered updating because, like I was saying, all the movies were playing just fine). After I updated the firmware, BB worked. BUT, the BD menu on Batman Begins was acting real squirrelly. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Then I saw that there is another firmware update (slapping myself upside the head because I should have looked first although this whole process of putting the firmware updates on CD is a pain). SO, just to let you all know that your Blu Ray player may require the VERY latest firmware update in order to watch Batman Begins. Latest version for BDP-S300 is 3.95 by the way.
(I watched it again, of course, this time on Blu Ray and now I am salivating for TDK! The IMAX prologue in HD was awesome!)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2008 4:42:43 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 9, 2008 4:42:53 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2008 9:28:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 13, 2008 9:29:33 AM PDT
moviefan says:
Finally!! I have similar issues with this disc. No True HD audio signal shows on my receiver as do other blu rays I own, and I have no menu... just the pop up menu as the movie plays. Player froze as I was powering off. I was wondering if it was a firmware issue. Calling Panasonic tomorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2008 4:15:13 AM PDT
I have a Pioneer Elite Blu-Ray, its one of the top-of-the-line players...I have never had a problem until Batman Begins this weekend. It loaded, then 1/8 of a second into the WB logo and the score, it POWERED OFF my player! Then it automatically rebooted, reloaded, then at the same point, it powered down my Blu-Ray player AGAIN! I popped in a disc I watched a week ago, and it played fine...

PLEASE HELP

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2008 5:56:11 PM PDT
Watched it twice on a PS3 with the latest firmware update and have yet to experience any hiccups....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2008 9:29:30 PM PDT
proving once again that the PS3 is really the best blu ray player out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2008 5:19:00 AM PDT
What must I do to update my Blu-ray player to play Batman Begins????

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2008 7:17:18 AM PDT
eco10530 says:
You must get a PS3! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2008 8:48:26 AM PDT
Matt S. says:
You should be able go to Pioneers website and download it and rip it to a CD to put it in your player, or you may be able to hook up the player to the internet and it will get the update on its own. I have done this with my Samsung with no problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 1:19:49 AM PDT
i agree
updating a ps3 is so easy
i just download it to my computer
put it on a memory stick
plug it into the ps3
and presto
its so easy

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2008 11:03:27 AM PDT
Where did you get this firmware update?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2008 11:42:45 AM PDT
J. Deleon says:
Johnless says: I played the BB blu-ray, but the menu shows a true-hd and a dolby digital choice. I played the true-hd and it plays but the the display in my receiver reads dolby digital, but the one on my blu-ray player reads true-hd, Does anyone has had this problem? and is it playing correctly?. I heard reviews raving how good the sound is in these movie, but I just don't hear it as good. I'll appreciate any advice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 12:29:13 AM PDT
Sascha,

try this link for the latest 2.41 firmware update and follow the instructions exactly, especially about creating the two folders to ut it into

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/About/SystemUpdate

Howard

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2008 8:14:08 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2008 8:18:46 AM PDT
Tulk Hulk says:
Would not play on my Samsung BD-P1400 until I upgraded the firmware. I can't wait for "The Dark Knight"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2008 3:08:03 AM PDT
Raymon Hist says:
is this BD region free??

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 7:05:51 PM PDT
It can be even easier if you just plug the PS3 into a router. I love having true convergence in my living room!!

BTW- PS3 is definately the best BD player out there. I got one for Christmas this year and have only played a game on it twice. (Not enough time to dedicate to playing anything all the way through.) We got it as a BD player and LOVE it.

The only down side is that the remote has to be Bluetooth. My Harmony 880 won't work with it so we had to get the DVD remote. I was soooo enjoying only having to keep track of one remote. Ah well. Maybe in the next generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2008 8:26:39 PM PDT
SS says:
No problems on my Sony BDP-S350.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2008 1:35:07 AM PDT
A Customer says:
Denon 2500 upgrade available, Warner discs sometimes have big easter EGGs.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 6:05:27 AM PDT
BubbaCoop says:
"i agree
updating a ps3 is so easy
i just download it to my computer
put it on a memory stick
plug it into the ps3"

Naa. I just tell it to update itself since I have a wireless router.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2009 6:22:04 PM PDT
blaman says:
it dosent work on my bdp-s350 the second time i played it

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 21, 2013 8:46:27 AM PDT
c los says:
Harmony sells a PS3 adapter. It takes the RF signal from your remote and turns it into commands the PS3 accepts as input (Bluetooth). Or, you can go the cheaper route and buy a NYKO RF PS remote that comes with an RF dongle that plugs into the PS3's usb port. Then, you teach your Harmony remote all the commands. The only function it can't perform is the PS button (turning the system on, accessing the XMB while in-game or in-movie--not really necessary). So if you don't mind pushing the power button manually or keeping a controller nearby to turn on the PS3, you can then use the Harmony remote for mostly every function you need (pause, play, stop, fast forward, chapter search, menu access, etc.) NEW BluWave Remote for PS3 (Videogame Accessories) for the RF remote.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jul 9, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman Begins (2005)
Batman Begins (2005) by ABC (DVD - April 16, 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,961)