Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Size: One Size|Color: As Shown|Change

on November 3, 2008
I purchased this item for my 2 year old son and was disappointed with how the flashlight was made. My husband had to solder it after one day of use. I know it's meant for costume purposes and maybe for one night only. However the light is dim and can't really be used for trick or treating on Halloween or as a safety light as the packaging says. I may have just gotten a bad light, but for [...] dollars retail you'd think it would work better and be brighter. I also don't know if on the packaging it says it is "for play only" which would explain a lot. The Bat-a-rangs are hours of fun for the right age group, and I would recommend it for you if you have a Batman crazed child like mine, they'll still love the flashlight just because they would have their very own Batman signal.
on October 11, 2012
Just got this, put it together with its included batteries, doesn't work at all.

Great. *dripping sarcasm* Now I have a 4 year old who just got thrilled over this toy and I have to tell him it needs to be returned.

Be wary. Hoping a new set will do the trick, but I don't have high hopes given the reviews.

I did not expect high quality. I expected it turn on however.

Edited to add, new batteries did work. Pointless to include dead batteries.

Edited again to add: This still a piece of junk. In order to get it work we have to bag the light on the bottom. Fortunately my son has figured out how to make it work, but there is some sort of short in it. For six bucks, he loves it however, and I suppose that is what makes it worth something.
on November 25, 2011
This is a good toy. My son loved it and is fascinated that he can make the bat signal on the wall. The biggest issue with the toy is how easy it is to knock the battery back out of place. If the toy is even softly dropped on a carpet it is necessary to unscrew the top and put the batteries back into the battery pack.
The batarangs are pretty cool and aren't too easy for boys to hurt themselves with, a BIG bonus.
Toy is fun but sometimes a pain to keep working.
on November 1, 2009
Within a few minutes of using the flashlight for the first time it stopped working. I have to bang it against my hand for it to come back on. You have to hold the button down for it to shine (does not stay lit like a regular flashlight). The light is dim. Besides that my son LOOVES it and it was a very cool addition to his Batman Costume. I would buy this for costume purposes but not for actual play (won't last long!).
on November 17, 2012
I bought this flashlight as part of my son's batman costume. He loves it! The flashlight is actually pretty sturdy and I've used it a couple of times when I can't find a regular flashlight. It really does show the bat signal. He was so excited to show his friends. It's been used for hours, dropped many MANY times still works great. The batarangs, not sure what the point of these are and they have been lost into the abyss of my house.
on October 31, 2011
I bought this toy along with the grappling hook. The flash light is durable and has the Batman S.O.S. symbol when illuminated. The batarangs are not hard plastic which is good, since they are meant to be thrown.
on December 2, 2011
So this was for my son's Halloween costume - he is 5. I connected the batarangs to a clip with a hair tie - so he could attach them to his candy container or his belt - worked fine. The flashlight was trickier, the connection inside wasn't that good - I opened it up and messed with it the best I could, but it still ended up being a bit finicky. The light doesn't shine that brightly - but of course it can't cause it's displaying Batman's sign! Overall, was good for Halloween, but isn't used for much else.
on October 15, 2012
Right out of the package (and yes I tried changing the batteries) the flashlight will only work if it is pointed at the ground. My five year old son shakes it and can sometimes get it to work pointed up at the sky. He is so crazy about it despite the fact that he can only get it to work 10 percent of the time that I am buying another one hoping I get one that is made better. Any tips on how to jerry rig it to work more consistently? Seems like a bad connection. I gave it one star because it only works part of the time.
on October 19, 2012
As other people have stated, the light is pretty dim. Definately not a safety light, i had to get right up to within several feet of the wall to get the batman sign to be visible. Also, not sure if the batarangs have changed, but the ones we got are hard as a rock. Hollow plastic, and about 4 inches in width (that's a guess). Fun for kids, but pretty low quality, which is apparently the only way they make anything for kids' costumes. The light has a screw to hold the top on, that had to be removed to take the top off. We haven't had the batteries slip out of place (yet). Hopefully this thing actually lasts until halloween...
on May 30, 2013
Definitely not a high-quality toy. Cheap flashlight. The "bat signal" was not impressive. Bat-a-rangs broke pretty quickly. The flashlight doesn't work well and is made of very cheap plastic. Only good if you need accessories for show for the Dark Knight costume, but don't expect high function. Decorative, not useful.