Top positive review
18 people found this helpful
Great for Add-Ons
on October 4, 2013
My wife has been piecing together a Catwoman Costume for the last few months and saw these. The goggles were much better than we expected. They had a good shape and look, but a little hot glue was needed to secure the lens into the latex/rubber frame better. However, please note, they do not found up to form the ears (as they do in the movie), instead there is a separate headband set for the ears. The goggles on that headband are just cheap black plastic with no lens or ability to swivel/etc (without eventually breaking them at least). Therefore, you either wear the headband with the black plastic ears or the goggles. This was not good enough for my wife so she asked me to redo them, which I will mention below. The mask is good enough, it has the general shape and looks fine. In summary, this product set is a good purchase.
What I did to Improve this Product for Little Cost (about $15 extra):
First off, the original headband ears dug into my wife's head, so I ordered a new comfortable satin black headband (about $6) for her. I then purchased four 1/4 inch Chicago screws ($0.88 each). As mentioned, I utilized a little hot glue to seal the lens into the goggle frame since it started falling out. I then pulled all the strapping off of the goggles (which was surprisingly easy) and pulled off the support arms of the original headband piece. I then lined up the harder plastic support pieces from the headband (that I took off) to the goggle sides and measured where the Chicago screw would have to be placed where it would allow it to swivel up and down like in the movie. After this, I drilled a hole large enough for the Chicago screws in both sides of the goggles and the plastic support arms. Then I had my wife wear the headband and I marked where the ends of the plastic supports would need to be to accurately swivel up into place. I then placed the headband on a curved surface and drilled the appropriate holes and mounted the Chicago screws, linking the headband to the goggles via the plastic support arms. Afterwards, I took the old costume plastic headband, and carefully heated it to where I could hand bend (don't burn yourself please) it around the top of the new headband and then formed a mount that clipped directed into the goggles when they swiveled up, this allowed them to hold perfectly in place while blending into the black satin headband. I then used a little Loctite on the Chicago screw threads to avoid them loosening overtime (which they started to do). Finally, I found little finger LED party lights, took two that were blue and secured them onto the plastic support arms in a way that mimicked the movies blue lights. I sprayed the little rectangular LED housing black along with the silver Chicago screws so they wouldn't stand out. Now my wife has a goggle headband set that lights up, swivels up and down, holds secure, and looks very similar to the movie version. Total, I spent about $15 on extra supplies, but since my wife wanted this costume for years to come, the price was worth it. I could have started from scratch and done better, but why waste the movie and time when half of the work is already done when purchasing this product. I hope this helps.