Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 4, 2013
My wife has been piecing together a Catwoman Costume for the last few months and saw these. The goggles were much better than we expected. They had a good shape and look, but a little hot glue was needed to secure the lens into the latex/rubber frame better. However, please note, they do not found up to form the ears (as they do in the movie), instead there is a separate headband set for the ears. The goggles on that headband are just cheap black plastic with no lens or ability to swivel/etc (without eventually breaking them at least). Therefore, you either wear the headband with the black plastic ears or the goggles. This was not good enough for my wife so she asked me to redo them, which I will mention below. The mask is good enough, it has the general shape and looks fine. In summary, this product set is a good purchase.

What I did to Improve this Product for Little Cost (about $15 extra):
First off, the original headband ears dug into my wife's head, so I ordered a new comfortable satin black headband (about $6) for her. I then purchased four 1/4 inch Chicago screws ($0.88 each). As mentioned, I utilized a little hot glue to seal the lens into the goggle frame since it started falling out. I then pulled all the strapping off of the goggles (which was surprisingly easy) and pulled off the support arms of the original headband piece. I then lined up the harder plastic support pieces from the headband (that I took off) to the goggle sides and measured where the Chicago screw would have to be placed where it would allow it to swivel up and down like in the movie. After this, I drilled a hole large enough for the Chicago screws in both sides of the goggles and the plastic support arms. Then I had my wife wear the headband and I marked where the ends of the plastic supports would need to be to accurately swivel up into place. I then placed the headband on a curved surface and drilled the appropriate holes and mounted the Chicago screws, linking the headband to the goggles via the plastic support arms. Afterwards, I took the old costume plastic headband, and carefully heated it to where I could hand bend (don't burn yourself please) it around the top of the new headband and then formed a mount that clipped directed into the goggles when they swiveled up, this allowed them to hold perfectly in place while blending into the black satin headband. I then used a little Loctite on the Chicago screw threads to avoid them loosening overtime (which they started to do). Finally, I found little finger LED party lights, took two that were blue and secured them onto the plastic support arms in a way that mimicked the movies blue lights. I sprayed the little rectangular LED housing black along with the silver Chicago screws so they wouldn't stand out. Now my wife has a goggle headband set that lights up, swivels up and down, holds secure, and looks very similar to the movie version. Total, I spent about $15 on extra supplies, but since my wife wanted this costume for years to come, the price was worth it. I could have started from scratch and done better, but why waste the movie and time when half of the work is already done when purchasing this product. I hope this helps.
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
So first of all the item pictured is not what you get. What you get is the headband and eye mask that can be found pictured on the listing for the Catwoman wig. So it's still perfectly suitable for your needs if this is what you purchased. However, it should be known that the headband is just that, a head band with the "goggles" attached. They do not swivel down to cover your eyes like the ones from the movie. They stay fixed atop the headband to look like cat ears. However, you can take the headband off and use the third piece of this set, which is a pair of google, but honestly, they are so awkward to use and don't fit well over the eye mask. But for the price, this will certainly fill your Catwoman costume needs.
on January 6, 2013
This was for a catwoman costume and thankfully she only had to wear it a short while. The face mask did not fit the contours of her face and buldged out at the bottom obscurring her view. We tried body tape but it didn't stick well to the mask. The elastic band only holds it around the head not against the face. The goggles are not attached so you have to decided wether you are going to wear them down or bobby pin them into your hair to look like ears.

It looks good from afar and it does look amazing in the pics. However, they are not practical to wear to a party. You'd get annoyed with the mask and end up taking it off rather quickly.
on October 25, 2013
I've seen other reviews stating that the catwoman costumes were cheaply made, so I decided to make my own costume and just buy the ears...which turned out to be a big waste of money. The headband cat ears are so cheap that they fall apart at the slightest touch, I can't even put them on my head without falling apart. The Design is a good idea, and would be better if they used a better plastic. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw these at a dollar store next year- they're that cheap. (I'm really not exaggerating)

I have nothing bad to say about the eyemask. It fits fine and is comfortable (as far as I can tell-I've only worn it for a few minutes) I'm hoping that super glue will hold the ears together for at least one night- which is a shame- I planned on using this for cosplay. I know that you can't expect a lot of an accessory for $20- but I would hope to get better than this.

It also came with goggles (not shown) made of rubbber and plastic which are a little bit better quality- minus the fact that the lenses were detaching from the frame when I received them. It's a shame there's no one else making ears for this version of cat woman, minus finding a way to make it yourself, which I think I'll be doing.
on October 28, 2013
This item consist of 3 pieces:
A vinyl mask, Goggles that are worn as goggles, and fake goggles that are the "ears".
That being said, you would only use one of the goggles at a time.
This item used with black spandex pants and a black turtleneck top make an affordable catwoman costume.
on July 22, 2013
So the goggles are a good price and in a bind they will do! Not my favorite... The mask doesn't look tht great on your face but if you double side tape it you'll be fine. Would have used them if I had to but had a friend watch a tutorial on how to make the way cooler ones. So I'll be wearing the cooler ones! As I'll let my kid wear these cause it honestly looked better in her she 4 yrs old but sz of 6yr old
on May 13, 2015
Looks great, fits great, wasn't aware goggles came with it as a 3 piece set. The goggles don't seem necessary so won't use them with the costume but the ear head band fits good, and the face mask fits nice.
on October 27, 2013
As a previous reviewer said, the ears are terrible. They are made of a very cheap plastic and come sort of twisted, but in a way you cant undo. They are just cheap and badly engineered. If you try to fi them, they just break.
on November 3, 2015
This doesn't fit like the picture. The ears point inwards and the mask is very flimsy. The nurse of the mask is very short making your nose look large bc it doesn't completely cover it. The googles have a much darker tint. Someone else would not be able to see your eyes if you wore them. If it's sunny they googles would work great.
on November 13, 2015
The face mask was too long, falling off my face but because it was a stretchy material I was able to tie it in a knot for a more customized fit. The googles seemed a little too constricting so I did not wear them and the headband was just fine and brought my whole outfit together.