Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Batman: Meet the Super Heroes (I Can Read Book )
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 23, 2010
This is a level 2 reader so it is good for someone leaving the begining reading stage or in my case a prereader who loves super heros. The books is a nice lenght that still leaves room for one more bed time story. An evil dragon attacks Gotham City and Batman can not stop him by himself, so he calls upon two of his friends Superman and Wonder Woman to assist. I like the team work angle and it delivers a positive message to my preschooler. Together they defeat the dragon and Gotham City is once again at peace. The book does a nice job as well, as giving a brief overview of who each super hero is in real life. Not a complete history, just enough info for little kids.
on August 23, 2011
I bought this book for my 5 year old girls. They love super heroes of any sort. It's a favorite because it has Wonder Woman in it. I like this book too. At least Wonder Woman plays a role in helping to solve the problem and isn't just a hot body in the book. Maybe not the way I would have written the book but overall it's good.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 29, 2015
I really appreciate the I Can Read book series because they always seem to be right on with what my early readers aged 6 and 7 can read. We just go along with the steps as they learn.

I got this for my Batman obsessed six year old and he loves to read it. It's a good story according to him and the fact that he can read it over and over again confirms that.

I like anything that encourages my kids to read and knowing what Step they are on avoids any frustration with words that are too difficult for them.
on July 15, 2013
Batman: Meet The Superheroes is an I Can Read book made for kids learning how to read and is based on the DC Comics Superheroes Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. In this tale, Bruce Wayne was invited to a party at the Gotham Museum, when a stone dragon comes to life and starting attacking the patrons, so Wayne jumps into action as the Batman and tries to stop the beast but know he needs help, so The Batman calls on Superman, the Last Son of Krypton and Wonder Woman, America's Guardian Angel for help. and the three Heroes were able to defeat the dragon. I really like how all three DC Superheroes wearing their classic costumes, especially the Batman's. His costume is a blend of the 1982-style blue and gray/yellow oval-black Bat symbol costume with the "Year One" utility belt. The writer and artist did not need to follow suit with the current DCU/New 52 storyline that has ruined the DCU for all its fans. Batman: Meet The Superheroes is perfect for young fans of the Darkknight Detective!
on August 3, 2015
My 7 year old grandson is just beginning to read well and this was a great inspiration for him to try even harder. He came running out to my daughter after taking it to his room and said "Mom, I know Batman's real name now!"
on June 16, 2015
My kids are eating these up. Love that they have a comic book feel while being early readers. The plot is...what you would expect from an early reader. My daughter is thrilled with the late but exciting appearance of Wonder Woman.
on April 26, 2013
Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in one book. What's not to like?

As I said in the title, this book is actually about how Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman fight a magic dragon that comes from a statue. The plot's a little shaky. Where did the dragon come from? Once it is a statue again, why isn't anyone worried about it any more? Why is Wonder Woman talking about her secret identity so openly on the cell phone?

As the mother of young children, I have read this book about a billion times, so I know to ask these questions. There are a whole bunch of Batman and the gang picture books. My daughter likes having Wonder Woman in the book, but compared to some of the others, it is not as strong in the writing or plot. There are a lot of great ones, so I'd only recommend this if you have diehard fans like us and need to expand the book rotation.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2015
Read this to my 3 yr old son the day it arrived and my 5 daughter ran over to hear it too. I want to get more of this series, I wanted to find out who was behind the dragon spell. Reading level I expect would be good for first grade, based on my kindergarteners vocabulary.
on March 26, 2013
For my son, the world is super heroes. He loves any book that has super heroes or mystery solvers. I am so happy there are books available for his kindle that he likes and will spend time practicing. It's a win all around!
on March 13, 2011
My son has recently developed a liking for super heroes so I purchased this book for him. It is great since it includes three super heroes in one book. The text is brief and ends with the supers saving Gotham City. It is a nice addition for kids who like stories about saving the day or even for young readers. I would recommend this short but entertaining book.