5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TOY EVER
Published on January 30, 2010 by K. Lavoie

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 out of 3 pieces don't whistle when placed in the chutes.
Only one of the three shapes made the whistling sound when dropped into the corresponding chute. It still works as a shape sorter, but quality control at Battat (Made in China) must be pretty poor since I am not the only reviewer to experience this deficiency in this toy. I had a toy very similar to this one for my own children when they were little and all 3 pieces...
Published 8 months ago by Elizabeth Kreiger

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST TOY EVER, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
I am a Speech Pathologist and use these toy with all my toddlers. It is appropriate for this age group due to the cause and effect/dump and fill type play it involves. The shapes make sounds as they are put into the slots which is very motivating to toddlers. I use it to stimulate language by with holding the shapes and requiring the child to ask for them (more, mine, my turn). You can also work on turn taking with this toy. I call this my magic toy and buy it for all of my friends who have young toddlers. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A functional shape sorter, August 30, 2010
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
The images and description of this toy don't explain it very well.

There are three posts and three tubes situated in a circle. The three posts each have three shapes that slide up and down as you turn the toy. Those shapes do not come off, they just make noise as they clank together. Each tube has a unique shape with a matching toy. These toys have a whistle in them, so that when the shape slides down the tube it whistles. My son walks around with them in his mouth, blowing and sucking on them to make noise.

These tubes are what enable the Battat to function as a shape sorter (unlike most shape sorters). Since the shapes go into tubes, you retrieve them by turning it upside down. That means no lid is necessary, so if your child wants to put the blocks in, he has to put them through the shaped holes.

Though I'm disappointed that there's only one block of each shape, I much prefer this shape sorter to the one I purchased with a removable, non-latching lid. That one is worthless for anything other than a toy bucket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I did, December 14, 2008
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
I'll keep it short and sweet. My 18 month old gets bored fairly easy. He figures his toys out, his puzzles etc and then moves on pretty quickly. We got this shape sorter and he goes back to it time and time again. The sound is really cute. Not too obnoxious. Its the perfect size and weight for him to carry around. He can use the shapes as little noise makers by blowing into them and he's learning shapes and colours at the same time. (Or can). Bought this on the recommendation of a sales associate and am truly glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars My All Time Favorite, December 3, 2013
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
I am a Birth to Three provider. This toy fascinates and engages almost every child I see. I lost the one I had had for several years and was so excited to find it on the amazon site. I'm guessing you will be receiving more orders from my co-workers. This toy is simple (3 pieces), sturdy, it has a sound and it can be used in a couple different ways (it rolls). DO NOT put the little shapes in the dishwasher to clean them. It kills the sound. The whole thing can be sanitized with a mild bleach solution. It DOES NOT wear out!

5.0 out of 5 stars well made toy!, April 17, 2014
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
This is an excellent toy. My son was using it at his Speech sessions with his therapist and I decided to purchase it for home use as well. Each piece works perfectly and made a loud sound. I think the main reason why other people were complaining about this product is because they probably let their child suck on the shapes. If a child does that then perhaps that's why the toy stops making sound? Anyway, I haven't had any problems with the performance of this toy. I don't leave the toy out; I put it away immediately after my son is done playing with it. That way, it stays in good condition. It's more of a speech therapy toy to get a child to say "more", the shape names, the shape colors and to help with gross motor skills. I would never leave it laying on the floor and then wonder why it doesn't work properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, April 1, 2014
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
Perfect for small motor manipulating! Has the perfect three shapes for early learning. The noise it makes as the shape goes in brings a smile. Very sturdy!

1.0 out of 5 stars An expensive boring toy, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
It was boring and 1 of the pieces didn't work. My daughter got bored of it after 3 mins. Not worth the money at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend for all children, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
This is a toy that my daughter has used in therapy (she has Down Syndrome) and really loved. I got it for her for her birthday since she liked it so much. She loves the sounds and it helps hold her attention. She'll play with it at least 3 times as long then other shape sorters, which means lots of working on her fine motor skills. Her older 4year old sister loves it too. This is absolutely one of the best toy buys I've ever made!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
My sons loved to play with this in school, so I bought one. The triangle shape doesn't make a sound, and the square barely makes a sound. awful. I am returning it immediately.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best sound sorter, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Battat Sound Puzzle Box (Baby Product)
There's nothing more fun to help toddlers sort shapes than funny air sounds as they drop each one. Had a similar for my children and was so pleased to find one for my one year old grand daughter. Only improvement would suggest is add few more shapes. Five or six would be nice but love love this sorter and I researched alot before buying. Get it!

Battat Sound Puzzle Box