5.0 out of 5 stars safe, entertaining & helpful

Published 20 months ago by susan spencer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars safe, entertaining & helpful, July 4, 2012
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
So very happy to be directed to you (Amazon.com) by the company that creates this toy...they only create; they do not sell their product. my friend JD is 19 months old & his pt lent him the Ballyhoo ball to help JD with his hand & finger therapy. the Ballyball is bright, the smaller balls are different in color & texture. they are durable; yet they are 'kind' to a toddler's grasp. they are 'at home' in JD's wading pool & are easy to clean. wether just one or all the balls are used at the same time, they entertain & help JD' s therapy needs...which is our goal. since JD was so preoccupied with the Ballyhoo, i wanted him to have his own...it seems to be 'new' each time he reaches for it. this child at 19 months is unable to crawl; yet he has learned to get around & seek out his favorite toys...his Ballyhoo is one of those!!B. One Two Squeeze Blocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Love B. Toys, September 20, 2013
al (Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
We love B. Toys around here and this is no exception!
My daughter loves balls and recieved this for Christmas last year. She loves it! Has lots of different textures and you can fit the little balls into the big ball which helps little ones work on motor skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
Sturdy, tactile and multi purpose ball that invites physical and cognitive skills for play! This ball is interesting enough to attract big brothers and play with their baby sister.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what we thought, January 14, 2013
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
We thought this toy would be perfect for our almost one year old who loves balls, and it seemed to have great reviews. We were very disappointed with it when it arrived, it is bigger and clunkier than we had pictured, the texture was pretty rough, and the smaller balls either fell out and wouldn't stay in or were difficult for my son to get out. He didn't pay any mind to it all, neither did my three year old. For the price I found it to be a very disappointing product. We are returning it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday gift, June 18, 2013
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
I bought this ball for my nephew who was turning one. He and his cousin 2 weeks older said nephew. Live it and sometimes fight over it. Lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter, June 5, 2013
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
Our granddaughter loves this ball! Of course she likes all the extra balls that goes along with it! We loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy ball(s), August 22, 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
I have to say I'm obsessed with the Just b. you line of toys. I wish I could get them all. This Ballyhoo ball is awesome. The kids I tend love this ball too. Many ways to play. I love the different shapes and textures on each of the balls. Great all around toy that is different but not weird.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent when used as a learning tool!, June 27, 2014
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
We've had this for several months and I've come to the conclusion that it requires playing one-on-one with your child to get the benefit of this toy. I can't recall seeing my son play with it one time by himself, though I recently sat down with him to play with it and it became a hit. Once we started using it properly, this toy has become an excellent learning tool!

Pros:
Excellent sensory toy, I recommend this ball to anyone looking for a sensory toy. Loads of different colors and textures to talk about Excellent fine-motor toy, the "in and out" motion of putting balls into their slots is a great learning tool - some balls are easier to remove, while others take a bit of a tug.
Great toy for discussion - explaining the difference between heavy/light, smooth/bumpy, soft/hard, in/out, difficult/easy to remove, etc.

Cons:
Save your money if you are just buying this toy for your child to entertain themselves during playtime, the balls will get lost and collect dust because your child will find an easier toy to entertain his/herself
The body of the ball is oddly heavy and bulky, reminds me of a medicine ball and could potentially pose a risk to little toes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard, January 7, 2014
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
The idea is great, but the ball is actually too hard for the babies to play with inside. I kept it for later use, but I'm not sure this will be a good choice for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointing!, December 21, 2012
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: B. Ballyhoo Ball (Toy)
I bought this toy for a one-year-old and gave it to her about a month ago. Neither she nor any of the adults in her life have any desire to play with it. It is very appealing in the package; the colors are pretty, and the textures look interesting. When the ball was removed from its package, one of the small.balls fell out. It is too small for the holes in the ball and will not stay in at all. The other thing that really surprised me about this item is its weight. It's very heavy for a small child to carry around or to drop on his or her toes. I had really high hopes for the ballyhoo ball, and I'd love to be able to say it's a wonderful toy. The reviews I read made it sound like so much fun. I can see fun in anything from a high-tech, computerized gadget to a piece of string, but other than the play value of the small balls as balls, I see nothing special about this toy at all. (And just for the record, this is the first review I've ever written)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›