1,396 Reviews
 (1,004)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun and educational toy!
Published on September 16, 2008 by W. Brock

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options available.
Published on August 29, 2010 by M.Jarock

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun and educational toy!, September 16, 2008
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Airplane (Colors may vary) (Toy)
We have had the Take-A-Part Airplane (and Take-A-Part Crane Truck) for over 4 years. They are both very durable and fun for kids of many ages. My oldest son got them when he was 3 years old. He loved to take them apart and put them together (with help) and he played with them alot once they were together. At 7, he can put them together himself and he still plays with them on occasion.

My younger son started playing with them when he was two. He does the same thing...loves to take them apart and put them back together with help. He also plays with them alot once they are together, even to the point of throwing the plane through the air, so it could fly. :-) After his first attempt, we didn't let him do that, but it didn't hurt the toy at all. It is very strong and durable.

I highly recommend these toys because they are very durable and extremely entertaining. In addition, each of them come in their own durable plastic boxes which contain all the parts when they are not being played with. After 4 years and an across country move, we did lose two small parts. I called the manufacturer and they sent me the two parts free of charge. You can't ask for better service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good but not great., July 17, 2012
Connie (Deer Creek Mesa, CO) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Crane (Toy)
My little boy has this Battat toy as well as the similar products Battat Take A Part Roadster and Battat Take Apart Airplane.

In case you are trying to decide which of the Battat toys to buy, I will share our experience. All three of these toys are popular around our house and all are pretty high quality. My 3 year old son has been able to disassemble them by himself almost since receiving the toys and quickly figured out "tighten" vs "loosen" on the drill. Regarding the roadster and the plane, after quite a few passes where mom or dad helped him reassemble, he can mostly do that part on his own now, too. This crane is another matter, though. It has a much more complicated design that is much less intuitive and obvious than the roadster and plane toys. Even we parents struggle a little bit with assembly of the crane.

So, if you're shopping for a 3 year old, I would say the roadster and the plane are both good choices. The crane is good too but I think most kids this age would struggle to play independently with this toy.

UPDATE DECEMBER 1 2O13: I just wanted to pop in here during the holiday shopping period to add that my boy, who is now just shy of his 5th birthday, still plays with his Battat take-apart toys periodically. Not every day, but sometimes, which is really saying something. I think the only other toys in this house that have shown the same "legs" as the Battat toys would be Duplo/LEGO bricks.

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these toys!, March 8, 2011
Maty "matylovesbooks" (Long Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Got the car after my 3 year old loved the plane! The car is designed much better than the plan (on the plane, you have to put two or three parts together with one screw in the beginning which is very difficult) I love that it even came with an extra tire in case one gets lost (what are the chances of that?) The only complaint I have is that the windshield is designed poorly, there is not a complete hole where the screw goes, it's sort of C shaped and has to be tightened down all the way or it fall right of and is very frustrating.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better options available., August 29, 2010
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Crane (Toy)
We received this toy after seeing a neighbors CAT Take-apart toy and let me say our friend's toy is of much better quality. The shiny plastic that they chose to make this toy of means that the all the screws come loose on their own. I have to tighten them if we want them to stay and then my son can't undo it on his own. The CAT toy is made of a matte plastic so the screws stay on even when not tightened all the way making it a truly fun (not frustrating) toy to play with.

This toy is great in theory but I recommend spending the extra few bucks and buy the CAT take-apart toys. I plan on donating this toy and upgrading to the CAT this Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes it apart again and again, December 27, 2009
Sharon L. Monson (Vancouver, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part 4X4 (Toy)
We got this for our four year old grandson for Christmas. He loves to take things apart. So I knew he would just love this Take-A-Part 4x4 truck. It was a big hit. He quickly learned how to reverse the drill to remove the screws, hubs, etc, He loved changing the yellow drivers. He would take it apart put it back together, then pretend it had a flat tire. So he would take it apart again to get to the spare tire. His 6 and 8 year old brothers liked it also. Thumbs up!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this only if you are prepared to hear the sound of a very small electric drill all the time, August 15, 2008
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Airplane (Colors may vary) (Toy)
Oh, how my son loves this toy. He insists on bringing the drill with him to preschool, the supermarket, etc. and "fixes" things everywhere he goes.
The airplane itself is great and lots of fun to take apart and reassemble.
If you have a child who is mechanically inclined, this is an outstanding toy for him/her.

PS. Unlike the other reviewer, we have not had a problem with the drill; it has endured lots of abuse and still works OK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battat take-a-part truck, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Crane (Toy)
Truly a creative toy that allows the child to "think" and follow a path of
logic. Well made, durable and colorful. Not only is it a toy of "mechanics" that
teaches hand-mind skills but, it also a great 3-D puzzle that can change
and be put together in various sequences. The Bi-plane version of this
toy is also fantastic. Our grandkids loved it.... hours on end, day after day.
Not a "play once" and toss away toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy shopper, January 11, 2009
J. Phillips (upstate New York USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part 4X4 (Toy)
I am very pleased with this product. My 3 year old son loves building his truck and taking it apart with the power drill. He was showed one time how to do it and took off with it on his own from there. He continues play with the drill through out the house. I was impressed with the durability of the truck parts and drill. Not flimsy at all. And the size is decent too. The parts are big enough to find if dumped into the toy box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun and educational toy!, September 16, 2008
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part Crane (Toy)
We have had the Take-A-Part Crane Truck (and Take-A-Part Airplane) for over 4 years. They are both very durable and fun for kids of many ages. My oldest son got them when he was 3 years old. He loved to take them apart and put them together (with help) and he played with them alot once they were together. At 7, he can put them together himself and he still plays with them on occasion.

My younger son started playing with them when he was two. He does the same thing...loves to take them apart and put them back together with help. He also plays with them alot once they are together.

I highly recommend these toys because they are very durable and very entertaining. In addition, each of them come in their own durable plastic boxes which contain all the parts when they are not being played with. After 4 years and an across country move, we did lose two small parts. I called the manufacturer and they sent me the two parts free of charge. You can't ask for better service.

I definitely give this toy 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUSY MOM, NORTHPORT, May 14, 2009
This review is from: Battat Take-A-Part 4X4 (Toy)
MY SON IS 3 THIS IS HIS FAVORITE TOY. HE LOVES TO TAKE APART THINGS & PUT THEM BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. THIS TOY IS AN A+++++++++++++++++++

Battat Take-A-Part Airplane (Colors may vary)
$27.99 $19.95