Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 28, 2012
I am impressed with the product and the value. The "off-brand" Bower batteries are actually rated at 1800 mAh in comparison to the 1240 mAh rating of the Sony branded battery. That is nearly 50% higher capacity. Does the charge last longer? My experience is that the charge lasts significantly longer. The charger itself is certainly not "of lower quality" as another post here suggests. I'm not sure what charger it is being compared to as so far, no one has seen a Sony charger for this battery. It charges from "empty" to full charge in about 1-1/2 hours. It also comes with an adapter for your car's power outlets and a European-style receptacle adapter. I have not tried either, but will see how well the charger works in a car. Being able to charge a spare battery in a car is a huge plus for people on the move. This same charger can be purchased for as little as $4.75 elsewhere by itself, and the batteries at $8.80. That compares favorably with the price of the kit here. The Sony brand batteries are list priced at $49.95 although you can get them for as little as around $32 on line. But that is still nearly four times as much for a battery that has less capacity. Yes, they are Chinese manufactured just as the DSC-RX100 is, and just as the OEM battery is.

If is certainly possible that the OEM battery has a longer useful life, but the Bower battery has a 5-year guaranty. If the battery lasts 1/5 that long in daily use I will be happy--after all, they are a consumable. The camera itself has a 1-year guaranty and it is not "consumable."

In summary, no one should avoid these products because they do not carry the Sony brand. They are well built and represent a solid value. I will not be buying a Sony battery at four times the price when I can obtain a product that is certainly worth more than 1/4 the price of OEM batteries.
55 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 13, 2012
I bought this kit the day after I received my RX100. Went on a 7-day cruise four days later. Charged the Sony battery and the two Bowers. Used the Bower charger on the Sony battery and it worked just fine. Day 1 of the trip loaded a Bower battery in the RX100 and never looked back. Took 700 pictures in a week and did a partial internal charge on the same Bower battery in the camera one time. Carried the Sony battery and the other Bower in my camera case and never used them. I did a lot of viewing and deleting as I went. I took nine short videos (average of 2 minutes) and the rest were the 700 shots at 20MP using the two-minute shutdown feature on the camera to conserve battery life. The battery indicator on the camera stayed full a long time before it showed usage. A minor issue since I had two others ready to go. The Bowers are rated at 1800 mAh. Sony at 1240 mAh. Some say the higher rating is exaggerated but I would be hard to convince at this point. Very good bargain since the Sony battery is a little less than twice the price for the kit. I sold digital cameras for almost eight years, owned 5 high-end Sonys from the F505 to the R1, which I still travel with. The RX100 is phenomenal and it is my first Sony camera in which I have used third-party batteries. I am a Sony purist no longer. Excellent bargain. Would certainly buy again. Highly recommended.
on September 24, 2012
The battery worked fine for a day of massive shooting and filming but I don't think it is as good as the original.The indicator on the camera showed little sign of wear after a day but when I was filming a bear it suddenly cut out saying the battery was exhausted. In other words it seems like it's all or nothing so if the indicator shows any wear don't trust that there's a lot of power left and get it to the charger. The fact that you get two battery's and a charger that can be used in the house or car still, in my opinion, makes it a good buy.
on January 24, 2014
I have a brand new sony action cam with genuine NP-BX1 battery.

I compared these no-brand batteries I just got yesterday.

I set my camera to run on time-lapse mode, continuously taking pictures until it runs out of battery.

Results:

Sony Original NP-BX1 : 3 hours and 12 minutes
No Brand #1 : 2 hours and 56 minutes
No Brand #2 : 2 hours and 49 minutes.

All batteries are charged to full before testing with the charger that came with the package.

I wouldn`t say that is all too bad, but I have to say claimed 1600mAh capacity of these no-brand batteries are totally false advertisement. The sony original battery has capacity of 1240mAh. You do the math. :)

I give only three stars because the capacity is not 1600mAh. As always these no-brand batteries will deteriorate much sooner than the original ones.

PLUS:
FYI, mine came with a nice box package with grey batteries in it. The charger is slightly different. But they look nice and I`m not complaining about that.
on August 3, 2013
I'm using this charger and battery combo with the Sony DSC-RX100M II Cyber-shot Digital Still Camera 20.2MP, Black, which is Sony's top of the "point & shoot" camera. Like most if not all cameras in this category, the camera uses a tiny tiny battery which barely holds any power. Definitely no good for all day shooting on vacation. In addition, the camera doesn't ship with a charger, compounding the small battery. Even if I bought another battery, I would have to charge one battery, swap it out, and charge thee other. There's no way to use the camera and charge a back up battery at the same time.

This charger and battery combo fixes that. The supplied charger charges batteries relatively quickly, and the two extra batteries ensure plenty of power.

The kit comes with
- Charger (a generic one which is capable of charing multiple batteries with different holders)
- NP-BX1 adapter plate for the charger
- 2 generic batteries
- European plug adapter
- 12V car adapter for charging on the go

The kit also comes with some other goodies:
- A little microfiber cloth branded with the seller's logo
- A pack of 3 screen protectors, good for 5" screens

For the price, these are excellent. However, the kit does have some problems:

The batteries claim they are 2100mAh, while the genuine Sony ones are rated at 1240mAh. This rating seems a little generous, if not outright deceptive. The generic batteries here weigh 21.7g, while the genuine Sony weighs 24.5g.

The charger also overcharges the batteries. Lithium ion batteries are much less robust than other batteries types and are very sensitive to overcharging. The charge level of these batteries can be measured directly by the voltage of the battery, which shouldn't exceed 4.2 volts. In camera, the RX100 charged the Sony battery to 4.182V. This charger took the generic batteries slightly over at 4.247 and 4.254 volts, which is a little high for my liking, thus the 1 star deduction.

Overall, I find this product to be a great value and well worth it.
on September 21, 2012
I ordered this package of goodies because I needed and external charger for the RX100. The deal sounded too good to be true with an external charger w/car adapter, 2 batteries that Sony sells for $39.95 each, screen protector and cleaning cloth. I decided to take the gamble knowing if I had a problem with the order Amazon would be sure I received a refund. Well, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised when the Priority Mail envelope arrived with the order and not only did the charger work but the batteries seem to have a longer life than Sony's. Next time I see something from Big Mike's I won't hesitate to order.
on September 7, 2012
I resolved not to be caught again with a dead camera and no spare battery. So when I got the RX100 I looked for reasonably priced backup batteries and a convenient recharger. This recharger and batteries seem to satisfy those requirements. The charger is small enough to easily carry on trips and the inclusion of a European plug adapter (as well as the US plug) and AC adapter increase it's utility. And the batteries do what batteries are supposed to do. They charge and power the camera.

One word about the 4 star rating. To date I've been satisfied with the recharger and batteries, but I've only had then for a few days. If they continue to perform as they have so far I'd give it the extra star.
on June 11, 2015
The charger performs as expected, with charge-times of about a couple of hours. The batteries last as long as the Sony stock-units, which somewhat surprised me.

One important feature about this charger which nobody seems to mention, s that it's auto-sensing, which is to say, you can plug it into a 110V or a 220V outlet without having to worry about voltage conversion. This alone is a complete lifesaver if you travel a lot.
on March 23, 2015
Works great. The charger requires some caution (and good reading glasses) to align the + and - markings with those on the batteries, but not a big problem. I was surprised at how fast the batteries charged up, indicated by a red light that changes to green. I've not tried the plug-in attachment.
The box was well wrapped and carefully shipped.
on May 24, 2016
Charger works well and is easy to use. The batteries work just fine in the camera. It's always a good practice to have a least one spare battery because that great shot always happens when the battery is nearly exhausted. Replace the battery as it nears the end of it's charge and you are ready for that perfect shot. The two extra batteries are more than you need but it doesn't hurt to have extras just in case you forgot to charge your battery.